FEATURE OTA Update 2.1.47

How slow does Lucid roll out OTA updates generally? Like im still on 2.1.42. Do they roll out to the fleet over a couple weeks? A couple months? Or is it something you regularly have to bother CS for.

The owners manual says you have to update within 30 days or lose your warranty(lol). I would hope that's not really true, but you would think they'd roll it out fast if they want people to stick to that haha

How slow does Lucid roll out OTA updates generally? Like im still on 2.1.42. Do they roll out to the fleet over a couple weeks? A couple months? Or is it something you regularly have to bother CS for.

The owners manual says you have to update within 30 days or lose your warranty(lol). I would hope that's not really true, but you would think they'd roll it out fast if they want people to stick to that haha
Don’t worry about the 30 days. That’s just their way of saying don’t refuse to update the software when an update comes. I know some folks who as a rule never update apps on their phones. And so on. It’s these folks Lucid wants to discourage.

As far as rollouts go, we’ve seen some take longer than a month. If there’s an issue. A few weeks is more average. Now that they’ve moved to this new update system, perhaps the average will go down? Time will tell.

Don’t worry about the 30 days. That’s just their way of saying don’t refuse to update the software when an update comes. I know some folks who as a rule never update apps on their phones. And so on. It’s these folks Lucid wants to discourage.

As far as rollouts go, we’ve seen some take longer than a month. If there’s an issue. A few weeks is more average. Now that they’ve moved to this new update system, perhaps the average will go down? Time will tell.
I think that language refers to when it becomes available to YOU, not to the fleet.

Can anyone with 2.1.47 confirm or check if mic quality has improved? I opened a support ticket to have my mic checked when it’s in to get my frunk fixed, but the service advisor said that 2.1.47 fixes the mic quality. I hadn’t heard about that. He also claims our cars have only one mic, not two…I swear the three prong alien looking thing was supposed to be a mic and there are two of them…

Can anyone with 2.1.47 confirm or check if mic quality has improved? I opened a support ticket to have my mic checked when it’s in to get my frunk fixed, but the service advisor said that 2.1.47 fixes the mic quality. I hadn’t heard about that. He also claims our cars have only one mic, not two…I swear the three prong alien looking thing was supposed to be a mic and there are two of them…
I REALLY hope that's the case. Was just on a call with my brother using .43 and he said that I sounded muffled and distant. He sounds fine.

Can anyone with 2.1.47 confirm or check if mic quality has improved? I opened a support ticket to have my mic checked when it’s in to get my frunk fixed, but the service advisor said that 2.1.47 fixes the mic quality.

It does not.

Service needs to check it.

I installed the update today then suddenly my key didn't work. The remote had a new battery from just having annual service done, so it couldn't be that... but it was. They must have put an old battery in or it was just a dud. :)

I installed the update today then suddenly my key didn't work. The remote had a new battery from just having annual service done, so it couldn't be that... but it was. They must have put an old battery in or it was just a dud. :)
Test the battery with a meter. If it is near or less than 3V, it's on its way to being dead. New batteries should be close to 3.3 V

Another interesting tidbit. My service advisor on the phone said that software updates are pushed out based on tier. GT gets the updates first, then Touring, then Pure. maybe it checks out given our GTP/Dream mods seem to get the updates first?

It does not.

Service needs to check it.
So is the consensus that all mic issues that were SW/FW related are resolved and that audio quality and sound level on the receiving side is fixed? I don't want to make an appointment if this is still a FW issue.

Another interesting tidbit. My service advisor on the phone said that software updates are pushed out based on tier. GT gets the updates first, then Touring, then Pure. maybe it checks out given our GTP/Dream mods seem to get the updates first?
That's incorrect. Ask @TakeDuo

Mods get stuff first to test for a short period so we can accurately answer questions, etc. Otherwise, it has to date been rather random.

Wow- of all the various nits and complaints that others have mentioned, this whole "you've gotta move the turn signal in the same direction to cancel" thing was probably my biggest one. Can't tell you how many times I've tried to cancel, but activated the signal for the other direction, tried to cancel that, activated the other, and so on and so on. I'm sure that people behind me thought I was an idiot. Thanks Lucid! (and thanks Bobby for the videos...)

I received .43 yesterday and just got the .47 notification. New software delivery system is quite robust.

Whew... make sure you install the update now... I just released it takes an hour and the Geminids are underway!

make it rain

That's incorrect. Ask @TakeDuo
Yeah… that is incorrect. Again, my Pure will get them first on occasion and the GT will sometimes. It makes no sense. And sometimes it’s Pure back to back and then Gt back to back. Don’t lose sleep over deciphering the order. All Lucid Airs will receive it. It has been confirmed, though, that ZERO Teslas have received .43 as of today.

Back