• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

OTA update 2.1.42

Another update. Finished downloading .33 thirty minutes ago and I just got the notification to update to .42. I'm cooking now. One giant leap for mankind.

Attachments

• istockphoto-173710967-612x612.jpg
    istockphoto-173710967-612x612.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 31
I've definitely had more problems with the cameras not loading with this build, it fails 3 out of every 5 attempts. It was fairly rare for me in previous releases.

I've definitely had more problems with the cameras not loading with this build, it fails 3 out of every 5 attempts. It was fairly rare for me in previous releases.
Do the proper Air logo reset and see if that helps. If not call CS. My cameras load much faster after the update. Dare to say almost instantaneous.

If a reset doesn’t fix it, you likely had an issue that was previously undiagnosed - with some of the updates, they add additional metrics, and an existing problem will finally crop up visibly that had been there the whole time.

So if a reset doesn’t fix it, call service.

My cameras are almost instantaneous after this update.

I've done the reset several times, I'm due for another service appt for little issues so I guess I'll add this to the list.

I installed update as well as surrounding state maps for Nav. My GPS is no longer functioning and it thinks I am always home. Also odd as it also thinks I am home in Maps on CarPlay. I did a Bobby reset and also a turn signal hard reset but doesn’t fix problem. Will contact service unless others have a fix. There seems to have been a potentially similar problem reported with a different update for GPS location and looks like service had to come to reset.

I installed update as well as surrounding state maps for Nav. My GPS is no longer functioning and it thinks I am always home. Also odd as it also thinks I am home in Maps on CarPlay. I did a Bobby reset and also a turn signal hard reset but doesn’t fix problem. Will contact service unless others have a fix. There seems to have been a potentially similar problem reported with a different update for GPS location and looks like service had to come to reset.
Try the logo reset or an overnight sleep

Try the logo reset or an overnight sleep
Yes- also did the logo reset no go. Odd when I turn off CarPlay and back on, Maps in CarPlay briefly has accurate GPS location but after a minute thinks I am home again. Will see what overnight sleep does. Service responded to my email and asked me to do a Bobby profile switch and restart my iPhone. That didn’t work. Waiting to hear back.

Yes- also did the logo reset no go. Odd when I turn off CarPlay and back on, Maps in CarPlay briefly has accurate GPS location but after a minute thinks I am home again. Will see what overnight sleep does. Service responded to my email and asked me to do a Bobby profile switch and restart my iPhone. That didn’t work. Waiting to hear back.
That's weird, because does the Maps in CarPlay work off your phone's GPS and not the car's?

Anyone have streaming problems with the latest update? Since .42 my sxm and pocket casts keep on pausing a few seconds at a time like I have poor Internet connection / insufficient buffering. For whatever reason Spotify doesn't do it. Air reset didn't fix it. For my 15 min drive to work I was hoping it'd buffer enough but it hasn't since .42. I live in a major metro where cell signal / LTE / 5G is never an issue otherwise

Anyone have streaming problems with the latest update? Since .42 my sxm and pocket casts keep on pausing a few seconds at a time like I have poor Internet connection / insufficient buffering. For whatever reason Spotify doesn't do it. Air reset didn't fix it. For my 15 min drive to work I was hoping it'd buffer enough but it hasn't since .42. I live in a major metro where cell signal / LTE / 5G is never an issue otherwise
I had the same conclusion as you and suspected it was a data issue after the update.

Check the navigation sound. I encountered the same issues and it turned out the update set nav volume to very low and so when I had navigation on, it would pause the music but the volume was muted.

Charging my car for the first time after 2.1.4.2 was installed by the SC.
The battery fan has been running continuously even though the garage temp in 77F.
If I unplug the charging cable, the noise stops so I assume this is BMS fan.
I don't remember seeing this before.
Has anyone noticed this?

I had the same issue - had to take it into service, the GPS unit needed a reset. Brought it into service, they had it done in 5 minutes. Apparently, it's really easy to do, but all the units under the seat look alike, so not advised to DIY.

That's weird, because does the Maps in CarPlay work off your phone's GPS and not the car's?
It works off the car’s GPS. The quick switch from accurate to back home is likely Maps switching from the phone’s known location prior to being connected to the car’s reported location.

Yes! It pauses for 2-3 seconds and then starts playing again on its own. It might do it several times per minute or not for a few minutes but it's almost unlistenable. I tried Logo reset, logging out of spotify and logging back in on my car and my iphone app. I reset my phone just in case and nothing! I too live in a metro area and I turned off Wi-Fi thinking it could be a handoff issue

It works off the car’s GPS. The quick switch from accurate to back home is likely Maps switching from the phone’s known location prior to being connected to the car’s reported location.
Wonder why they designed it that way, doesn't CP use the phones carrier for data, apps and all that crap but uses the car's GPS? Stupid Apple!

Wonder why they designed it that way, doesn't CP use the phones carrier for data, apps and all that crap but uses the car's GPS? Stupid Apple!
If your phone is in the center console or in your pocket, it has no line of sight to any satellite. The car, meanwhile, has an antenna that can always see the sky.

That antenna also doesn’t need to fit inside your pocket. So it’s theoretically a much better signal gatherer.

If you want to strap your phone to the roof, then sure, the phone’s GPS would be fine.

Back