OTA update 2.1.42

After the update, my android phone will no longer work with the car Bluetooth. It seems to be correlated to when music is playing.

I can hear a slight buzzing sound on the speakers and then have to switch the phone off Bluetooth in order to make a call on the handset.

Have tried Logo reset and unpaired/ re-paired. No luck. Have called support and awaiting a response.
I had the same problems today as well with my android.... please post a resolution if you get one

The Highway assist is way WAY BETTER….. I’ve now done over 300 miles on HA and really like it. I still don’t understand a few things. Like if under 5 mph why can’t we choose to see cameras if we choose? Seems weird the car has to sense it always. Also i back out of my garage, if I’m backing out I cannot shut my garage and go back to rear view without going to park then reverse again. Small gripes but they have plenty of compute to add a button for “quick” camera mode or tapping 3 times to get to garage remote. Also I think the screen on the left with last trip can use a ton more data, we should be able to choose how much we want to see including time since last drive or last charge Or both. And when the right side of the screen is just saying air that’s insane…. Anyway great update! Rap music bass still sounds ehhhh to me. Like less blown speaker but it’s still there. Getting better tho!

I love this car, truly

Like if under 5 mph why can’t we choose to see cameras if we choose?
You can. Hit the camera button on the bottom right of the Pilot Panel.

Also i back out of my garage, if I’m backing out I cannot shut my garage and go back to rear view without going to park then reverse again.
This has been discussed endlessly. There will eventually be an improvement, maybe.

And when the right side of the screen is just saying air that’s insane
It now displays media, nav, etc.

Like less blown speaker but it’s still there
If you haven't gotten your front footwell woofers fixed with the tape replacement, make sure to call service and have that done.

Wow thank you re camera?? I am away from car and just cannot picture it.

garage thing is a no brainer and should be easy just to move locations to bottom screen and keep a button there.

and yet I still think the right side is wasted. I don’t care to see data about my phone call from 2-3 sources.. still rather have pertinent info re trip or something useful. Like my kids look from back seat to see music but cannot see on that right side so well.

nav for them will be interesting. I think it borderlines on not useful to worse than useful but I’m sure they can also figure that out. I hate the two screens and never knowing where to start it at. Seems logical to start nav on bottom and have ability for the top screen to display what you’ve chosen aloof with turn by turn on right side of hud. Just my 2 cents but 3 screens all showing a different is disorientating to me.

and I had no clue about the footwell speakers needing tape! Ty so Much. Rap sounded so embarrassing I didn’t want to play it and damnit I love it! but awesome if that fixes it!

Wow thank you re camera?? I am away from car and just cannot picture it.
cameras.png

garage thing is a no brainer and should be easy just to move locations to bottom screen and keep a button there.
Meh. I don't care about it, but again, it's coming.

and yet I still think the right side is wasted. I don’t care to see data about my phone call from 2-3 sources.. still rather have pertinent info re trip or something useful. Like my kids look from back seat to see music but cannot see on that right side so well.
I agree it'd be nice to have options, but right now it selects whatever screen you don't have up. That is, if you are on media, it will show you nav. If you're in nav, it will show you media, etc.

nav for them will be interesting. I think it borderlines on not useful to worse than useful but I’m sure they can also figure that out. I hate the two screens and never knowing where to start it at. Seems logical to start nav on bottom and have ability for the top screen to display what you’ve chosen aloof with turn by turn on right side of hud. Just my 2 cents but 3 screens all showing a different is disorientating to me.
I actually like it, because I like having the 3D map on top and the 2D map on bottom; it helps me orient. But I agree it'd be nice to have options.

and I had no clue about the footwell speakers needing tape! Ty so Much. Rap sounded so embarrassing I didn’t want to play it and damnit I love it! but awesome if that fixes it!
Yeah, call service. If you search around this forum for a post from @Bobby about it you can find the TSB number.

Anyway, none of this has to do with 2.1.42. Let's keep this thread on topic, and you can start a new thread if you need to.

I hate to be the first one having problems but I just did a 30 min. test drive and was unable to access HA. Adaptive Cruise came right up but it never gave me access to HA. I tried going in and out of it several times, tried many long presses of the HA button, but it stayed in ACC for the whole drive. Is there something new you need to do to access HA?
I have this issue too. Five hour drive yesterday and no HA. Stopped to try a logo reset but that didn’t work. Grrrr.

For what it's worth, I had stopped doing phone calls via CarPlay due to quality issues. Yesterday, post-update, I made a call via CarPlay to my son and asked him how it sounded. He was very surprised to learn I was in the car, saying it sounded like I was right next to him. I've done a few other calls after 2.1.42 and no complaints.

I have this issue too. Five hour drive yesterday and no HA. Stopped to try a logo reset but that didn’t work. Grrrr.
Pleased to report that HA is back and better than ever. I left the car overnight in a hotel car park, unplugged and next to a Chevy Bolt that was hogging the only charger. This was clearly enough to make the Lucid see the error of its ways 😆

Is there anyway to remove that annoying click when you move around on the touch screen? I’m not sure why they added it but, I hate it with a passion.

Is there anyway to remove that annoying click when you move around on the touch screen? I’m not sure why they added it but, I hate it with a passion.
Use the sound setting to turn the volume down.

Something else I’ve noticed: previously there was a little lag when cycling through level settings for the heated / cooled seats. This is now no longer an issue.

A welcome, if undocumented, robustness update!

Something else I’ve noticed: previously there was a little lag when cycling through level settings for the heated / cooled seats. This is now no longer an issue.

A welcome, if undocumented, robustness update!
There’s a lot of small, undocumented improvements in this version. This is the best yet by far. I actually asked Mike Bell why some of the new features weren’t in the release notes and he just shrugged his shoulders and said “I don’t write the release notes.”

I did another logo reset and noticed that it came up with an error message “Land Departure Protection Failure” before it switched back to the regular screen. I called customer service and Aaron suggested a profile reset (switch to guest profile then switch back) - that did the trick. Glad to agree that the HA implementation is back and better than ever.

There’s a lot of small, undocumented improvements in this version. This is the best yet by far. I actually asked Mike Bell why some of the new features weren’t in the release notes and he just shrugged his shoulders and said “I don’t write the release notes.”
Okay Bobby so can you compile a list of all the new features and how to access them and put it on your FAQ link?

Okay Bobby so can you compile a list of all the new features and how to access them and put it on your FAQ link?
Yes, but I’ll need help from the forum with that. Here’s few:
  • Surreal Sound basic sounds way better
  • CarPlay call sound is way better
  • HA performs much better and lane biasing behavior is improved

How long has this been happening for? Can try rebooting using the Air logo reset, or a deep sleep.
My wife's AGT has had the same problem with 360 view and "Lane Departure Failure". Have tried 3 logo resets and profile switching and still nothing. What should I try next?

I did another logo reset and noticed that it came up with an error message “Land Departure Protection Failure” before it switched back to the regular screen. I called customer service and Aaron suggested a profile reset (switch to guest profile then switch back) - that did the trick. Glad to agree that the HA implementation is back and better than ever.
That message pops up briefly 100% of the time when you reset. It’s part of the boot process. Nothing to worry about.

I don't know if it is related to the .42 update, but my Hi Fi Tidal subscription is now showing a Dolby Atmos label display on the Atmos tracks...

Back