OTA update 2.1.42

It won't turn off until you hit 16 mph
Ahh good to know. Why is it that way? Like in what world do I need to see behind me after I’ve been in drive for minutes (given I stay under 16mph)?

Ahh good to know. Why is it that way? Like in what world do I need to see behind me after I’ve been in drive for minutes (given I stay under 16mph)?
No idea, but that's what it is. There are other people on the opposite side of this who want it up for higher speeds. Maybe an option would be good, but that is a feature request.

No idea, but that's what it is. There are other people on the opposite side of this who want it up for higher speeds. Maybe an option would be good, but that is a feature request.
Very strange. Thanks for the insight. I’m assuming 16mph or higher also is when you can’t enable the camera using the camera toggle?

Very strange. Thanks for the insight. I’m assuming 16mph or higher also is when you can’t enable the camera using the camera toggle?
Correct

Car’s still at SC so I can’t experience all the excitement and adulation posted.
Any word on dashcam? Or should I just get a Garmin mini for now?
I've had Garmin mini for 2 years 🤣. I'd say to anyone who really actually cares about a dashcam is to install one. If you are just waiting for Lucid to introduce one...how much do you really NEED one...🤔

I've had Garmin mini for 2 years 🤣. I'd say to anyone who really actually cares about a dashcam is to install one. If you are just waiting for Lucid to introduce one...how much do you really NEED one...🤔
Dashcam for me should be a notch higher than the EZ Spare.
Just a matter for having time to install it.
Just placed the order on Amazon.
How do you attach it to the windshield?

Dashcam for me should be a notch higher than the EZ Spare.
Just a matter for having time to install it.
Just placed the order on Amazon.
How do you attach it to the windshield?
It comes with a little adhesive patch

I have been told that audio on phone calls through the Lucid UX (not CarPlay) sound better after this update. Survey of one so far so I need to call more people to verify .

I have been told that audio on phone calls through the Lucid UX (not CarPlay) sound better after this update. Survey of one so far so I need to call more people to verify .
Both have been improved with this update.

if you remove the dashcam in the future, would the adhesive damage the tint?
I may consider the mount.
Maybe. Didn't worry about it at the time, not worried about it now 🤣

I feel validated now having proof that there was indeed an issue with the system versus the source material ;)
Both can be true ;)

This must be really hard…..it’s been a major issue for well over a year…… ;)
“Major issue” 🙄 hahaha

But it is coming :)

if you remove the dashcam in the future, would the adhesive damage the tint?
I may consider the mount.
They have this film that you can peel off of tint without damage. I mounted my dashcam adhesive mount to that instead. It seems to hold the weight of the u3000 with no issues.

STICKER SHIELD - Windshield Sticker Applicator for Easy Application, Removal and Re-Application from Car to Car - 4 inch x 6 inch Sheets (Pack of 2 Sheets) https://a.co/d/bfnaIX6

It’s actually 17 mph on dash board get camera turn off. But Lucid’s 17 mph is actually really 15 mph. Lucid added 2 mph to all speed 10+ mph, so if you are driving 75mph, you are actually driving 73mph. I tested many times on radar.

They have this film that you can peel off of tint without damage. I mounted my dashcam adhesive mount to that instead. It seems to hold the weight of the u3000 with no issues.

STICKER SHIELD - Windshield Sticker Applicator for Easy Application, Removal and Re-Application from Car to Car - 4 inch x 6 inch Sheets (Pack of 2 Sheets) https://a.co/d/bfnaIX6
Exactly what I need.
Ordered.
Thank you.

I think this is an excellent use of that instrument panel space; I've been hoping this would come!

I hate to be the first one having problems but I just did a 30 min. test drive and was unable to access HA. Adaptive Cruise came right up but it never gave me access to HA. I tried going in and out of it several times, tried many long presses of the HA button, but it stayed in ACC for the whole drive. Is there something new you need to do to access HA?

I hate to be the first one having problems but I just did a 30 min. test drive and was unable to access HA. Adaptive Cruise came right up but it never gave me access to HA. I tried going in and out of it several times, tried many long presses of the HA button, but it stayed in ACC for the whole drive. Is there something new you need to do to access HA?
Nope. Try a reset, and if that doesn’t work, you’ll need to talk to service.

In the past, what has happened is updates have added additional checks for various components and so while HA may have been working before, they’ve discovered a fault somewhere along the line and you may need it checked out.

I’m not saying that’s what happened, but it happened to me once - I had a camera wiring issue which only got discovered thanks to an update that found it, and the symptom was no HA.

Nope. Try a reset, and if that doesn’t work, you’ll need to talk to service.

In the past, what has happened is updates have added additional checks for various components and so while HA may have been working before, they’ve discovered a fault somewhere along the line and you may need it checked out.

I’m not saying that’s what happened, but it happened to me once - I had a camera wiring issue which only got discovered thanks to an update that found it, and the symptom was no HA.
I did an ”AIR” reset prior to the drive. I’ll try some of the other resets and try again tomorrow before calling service.

Back