OTA update 2.1.42

Has anyone had issue with surround view not loading after latest update? I have had this come up every time I have driven since the update, but my husband has not - super strange.
Yes, we just had that when we parked immediately after completing the update. That was the first time that’s ever happened. The prompt said upon restarting the car the camera would return. We locked the car and upon returning about 30 minutes later it did return.

If you can, it's always a good idea to reset the car after an update. I know Tesla owners are used to this already.

If you can, it's always a good idea to reset the car after an update. I know Tesla owners are used to this already.
Odd I never reset my teslas after an update. Everything was pretty stable after updates except for the one offs but that was once or twice over 3 years.

Am I insane, or did the UI on the right screen shift more to the right? It seems like the Home/Nav/Music buttons got wider with some wasted space to their left, but I’m not fully convinced that isn’t all in my head.
IMG_0029.jpeg

Edit: I looked up old pictures, it was always this way. Don’t know why I thought it looked different. I also don’t know why that wide margin is there, on the other hand.

Am I insane, or did the UI on the right screen shift more to the right? It seems like the Home/Nav/Music buttons got wider with some wasted space to their left, but I’m not fully convinced that isn’t all in my head.
View attachment 16445
Edit: I looked up old pictures, it was always this way. Don’t know why I thought it looked different. I also don’t know why that wide margin is there, on the other hand.
I always have something in the black hole between the icons and the right side. Usually, when I just boot up it’s the last locations I used on the navigation screen.

I tested the upgrade and am happy to report a few things …

1) the flickering icons on Tidal are now fixed
2) the sound quality on calls via CarPlay is now fixed. (I had to disconnect/forget my phone and reinstall)
3) the 360 view is quicker to load when backing up.
4) the highway assist works better.
5) the widget thing is better than just wasting that space on right side of center screen.

Just wish they had fixed the homelink issue being hidden behind the backup camera.

I tested the upgrade and am happy to report a few things …

1) the flickering icons on Tidal are now fixed
2) the sound quality on calls via CarPlay is now fixed. (I had to disconnect/forget my phone and reinstall)
3) the 360 view is quicker to load when backing up.
4) the highway assist works better.
5) the widget thing is better than just wasting that space on right side of center screen.

Just wish they had fixed the homelink issue being hidden behind the backup camera.
It's coming.

Does anyone know how SiriusXM will work? After 90 days, will we be able to just login via XM and use the internet subscription or will we need to add the Radio ID? I see the radio ID now listed on the settings for Sirius. I ask because we already have a car with Sirius and we get an internet login already. To add another car would cost more. Either way I will do it. But it looks like you will not be able to login to this service. You will need to add a vehicle to your account.

How long has this been happening for? Can try rebooting using the Air logo reset, or a deep sleep.
We haven't ever reset after an update. What are the specifics on how to? It's so odd, Hubby tells me after the update that the screens are different. I get in and nothing is different and my surround view and front view don't work.

We haven't ever reset after an update. What are the specifics on how to? It's so odd, Hubby tells me after the update that the screens are different. I get in and nothing is different and my surround view and front view don't work.
Go to the settings menu, hold down the Air logo for around 10 seconds.

Does anyone know how SiriusXM will work? After 90 days, will we be able to just login via XM and use the internet subscription or will we need to add the Radio ID? I see the radio ID now listed on the settings for Sirius. I ask because we already have a car with Sirius and we get an internet login already. To add another car would cost more. Either way I will do it. But it looks like you will not be able to login to this service. You will need to add a vehicle to your account.
Yea. I just checked. I don’t see how to input login information into the SXM application settings. I’m definitely NOT going to pay for an additional subscription, I’ll suppose I’d just have to continue to use CarPlay

Per lucidupdates.com:
Logo Reset: This is similar to restarting your computer. Go to Settings, About and look for the “Air” logo in the upper left of the Pilot Panel. Press on the center of the logo steadily for 15-20 seconds and you will see a “Powering off” message appear in the upper right panel. Release the button.

Yea. I just checked. I don’t see how to input login information into the SXM application settings. I’m definitely NOT going to pay for an additional subscription, I’ll suppose I’d just have to continue to use CarPlay
I think Lucid is pretending that they actually have a real Sirius XM Satellite radio. But after the 90 days I will just use CarPlay. The XM integration is nice, but since I already have a real XM satellite radio in my Lucid, I think I can forgo the nice UI.

"Just wish they had fixed the homelink issue being hidden behind the backup camera."

This 100%.

Also I would add if closing the backup camera and 360 view using X button on the screen show them again by moving the stalk to reverse rather than have to put it in park and then reverse.

Last edited:
I think Lucid is pretending that they actually have a real Sirius XM Satellite radio. But after the 90 days I will just use CarPlay. The XM integration is nice, but since I already have a real XM satellite radio in my Lucid, I think I can forgo the nice UI.
Rivian is also adding SXM "app" per their comments awhile ago, I fear that it will be a similar implementation where the app will have a Radio ID and must be "activated". What's worse is that BT from phone is my only option on the Rivian to get SXM at the moment as they have no plans to implement CarPlay.

Just drove it on the freeway and what a nice difference to HA the update has made.. it just felt more put together, mature and composed.. instilled more confidence in me... nicely done Lucid.. and love the widget too ..

"Just wish they had fixed the homelink issue being hidden behind the backup camera."

This 100%.

Also I would add if closing the backup camera and 360 view using X button on the screen show them again by moving the stalk to reverse rather than have to put it in park and then reverse.
Oh man does your backup camera take forever to turn off after you go into drive too? Sometimes it takes around a minute to turn those cameras off which forces me to use the X button for both screens.

Oh man does your backup camera take forever to turn off after you go into drive too? Sometimes it takes around a minute to turn those cameras off which forces me to use the X button for both screens.
It won't turn off until you hit 16 mph

Back