OTA update 2.1.42

My 360 view is, once again, almost instantaneous which is very welcomed. It was missed when it started delaying quite a while back.

I absolutely love the new music art and info being displayed continuously.

I'm anxious to check out the HA refinements.

Overall, a super solid OTA .

Unsure if this is related to the update, but has anyone seen behavior like this while charging? No noticeable difference in charging performance so far after the updated preconditioning logic.

Attachments

• 20231117_052140.mp4
    19.2 MB
Getting installation now. Big drive up to Asheville NC next week, so glad to have it before I go. Looking forward to seeing the improvements! Seems this car just gets better and better…..

My car just updated. It does feel crisper. I have not driven it and want to test several things. But, the blinking of the icons on Tidal seem to have stopped. These small things add up too.

Getting installation now. Big drive up to Asheville NC next week, so glad to have it before I go. Looking forward to seeing the improvements! Seems this car just gets better and better…..
I did that drive in the summer - went smoothly. Note however only one EA station in Asheville can sometimes get crowded.

Please do not tell me the feedback noise was added without a setting to disable it…

All the other updates have been highly welcomed, but this is probably the most obnoxious change.

Please do not tell me the feedback noise was added without a setting to disable it…

All the other updates have been highly welcomed, but this is probably the most obnoxious change.
Go to Settings - Audio - Volume
You can change the volume for the interior sounds and ringtones or turn it off.

As @joec said, it really depends on speed because regen at higher speed requires greater current into the battery and we all know that charging current decreases rapidly over 80% SOC. At 35 MPH, you probably have full regen at 96% SOC, at 50MPH maybe full regen at 92%. At or above 80MPH, the SOC needs to be closer to 80% SOC to get full regen.
Those numbers sound about right. I have done extensive regen tests myself but only at approx 50mph. Does makes sense there is much higher energy to deal with at higher speeds. I rarely brake when driving at highway speeds.

Am curious why this is a priority? Information is nice but I cant see what you would do with this knowledge?
I rarely charge my car past 90% and one day I had it charged to 95%. I didn't know about the regen not working past certain charge %. Had a bit of panic when my car didn't slow down as expected

I didn't get to test much from the new OTA 2.1.42 but my 2 initial reactions are: 1. The response from touch input, moving top/bottom screens seemed quicker and smoother than before. 2. Multitask feature is welcome addition for available real estate. Next on the list is test HA improvements as others mentioned. Hopefully this weekend.

I rarely charge my car past 90% and one day I had it charged to 95%. I didn't know about the regen not working past certain charge %. Had a bit of panic when my car didn't slow down as expected
Yeah, this is actually a norm across all EVs.

Since I downloaded the new update I keep having issues with Bluetooth phone calls and SXM. The first time I make a call I don't hear the person on the other line but they can hear me. I hang up and call back and it works fine. If I am on the phone for too long the SXM will start playing in the middle of a call. The only way to stop it is to switch to the SXM app and push pause.

It also takes about a minute for SXM to connect to internet, even though the car is connected to my home wifi with super fast internet...

Anyone else having similar issues.

Since I downloaded the new update I keep having issues with Bluetooth phone calls and SXM. The first time I make a call I don't hear the person on the other line but they can hear me. I hang up and call back and it works fine. If I am on the phone for too long the SXM will start playing in the middle of a call. The only way to stop it is to switch to the SXM app and push pause.

It also takes about a minute for SXM to connect to internet, even though the car is connected to my home wifi with super fast internet...

Anyone else having similar issues.
Can't really comment on bluetooth calls or SXM, but I do notice that the handoff from Wifi > Cellular takes a long time. If I'm listening to internet radio or music and pull away from my home, the music will stop and not auto reconnect. I have to manually press play again. This has existed since before the update, though.

Has anyone had issue with surround view not loading after latest update? I have had this come up every time I have driven since the update, but my husband has not - super strange.

Attachments

• 20231116_155936.jpg
    20231116_155936.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 59
Has anyone had issue with surround view not loading after latest update? I have had this come up every time I have driven since the update, but my husband has not - super strange.

Have not . I would do a valet card reset.

How long has this been happening for? Can try rebooting using the Air logo reset, or a deep sleep.

I had this.. I installed the update yesterday, did an Air reset, then had this happen multiple times. I did another Air reset and it seems to be ok.

Back