OTA 1.2.19

For me the lane departure intervention is much more sensible and less aggressive, I’ve tried to force it to trigger and now it seems to only intervene if you’re over the line. It only did a false intervention for me one time in several hours of driving where before I’d get a false intervention every 15-30 minutes, and when it’s raining it was unusable as it would confuse tire line in the water from the car in front to be lanes and intervene all over the place. On ACC it now notices if you drift and the lane makers will turn red on the side you drifted towards. While the car does not boot faster, if you were away from the vehicle for 5-10 min then come back it seems to wake faster, I suspect maybe they just increased the delay until the vehicle goes into a deep sleep?

And Tidal craps out just as much as before 🤣

I don’t know if it’s the App or the shoddy cell provider / cell antenna they’re using. Given the amount of times I’ve seen “connectivity” in the updates I would assume it’s that over the App. Every time TiDAL messes up I can see the coverage has dropped by one bar. The moment a bar drops it can’t seem to hold the stream.

I could be imagining it but I also thought changing tracks in TiDAL is speedier also. If a station or song cuts out due to low connectivity it's pretty quick to come back where in the past you just sat in silence for quite a while.

I listed to Amazon Music more often than Tidal, because Alexa searches seem to default there. I've downloaded 1.2.19, and music still doesn't restart on its own when I recover a cell signal after a dropout. Not always, but most of the time I have to initiate a new search to get the music back.

For me the lane departure intervention is much more sensible and less aggressive, I’ve tried to force it to trigger and now it seems to only intervene if you’re over the line. It only did a false intervention for me one time in several hours of driving where before I’d get a false intervention every 15-30 minutes, and when it’s raining it was unusable as it would confuse tire line in the water from the car in front to be lanes and intervene all over the place. On ACC it now notices if you drift and the lane makers will turn red on the side you drifted towards. While the car does not boot faster, if you were away from the vehicle for 5-10 min then come back it seems to wake faster, I suspect maybe they just increased the delay until the vehicle goes into a deep sleep?

I downloaded 1.2.19 last night and turned the Lane Departure Warning feature back on this morning. It did intervene less aggressively than before, but it was still more than I wanted or needed, so I turned it back off. Also, I was sitting in the middle lane at a red light on a 6-lane street. I was pretty much centered in my lane, but as another car approached and then stopped in the left lane at the light, I got an audio alert and a red flashing warning in the blind spot camera view. I looked over at the other car, and it was pretty much centered in its lane, too, with plenty of space between our two cars.

Also, I was sitting in the car for a good while waiting for someone who was shopping, so I decided to check all the drive settings to see if any of them had changed since the update. When I brought up the "drive settings" within the "DreamDrive" menu, I noticed something odd. I could select the level of regenerative braking and whether I wanted "hold", "roll" or "creep", and my selection was highlighted with a yellow rectangle around the button. But all three of the "stability control" buttons were grayed out, and I could not select any of them. I called Customer Service, as I did not want to drive the car with no stability control engaged. After being on hold for 28 minutes before someone took the call, I was told to try resetting the car. I did, and the screen then showed "full" stability control was engaged, as I wanted. However, when I got home and checked the settings again, the "stability control" was again grayed out, although the regen and hold funcitons were displaying properly.

Is this a glitch introduced by 1.2.19, or has anyone noticed it happening before?

Also, just how often should we be expected to reset this car to deal with one glitch after another?

Didn’t notice much difference. Boot time unchanged.

I thought my boot up time was actually faster but maybe I have just gotten use to it.

I was able to reproduce it. It's not the initial boot, but it's after car has been driven you get out for short period, car locks then for me around 2-5 minutes, you get back in pilot panel boots instantly.

I downloaded 1.2.19 last night and turned the Lane Departure Warning feature back on this morning. It did intervene less aggressively than before, but it was still more than I wanted or needed, so I turned it back off. Also, I was sitting in the middle lane at a red light on a 6-lane street. I was pretty much centered in my lane, but as another car approached and then stopped in the left lane at the light, I got an audio alert and a red flashing warning in the blind spot camera view. I looked over at the other car, and it was pretty much centered in its lane, too, with plenty of space between our two cars.

Also, I was sitting in the car for a good while waiting for someone who was shopping, so I decided to check all the drive settings to see if any of them had changed since the update. When I brought up the "drive settings" within the "DreamDrive" menu, I noticed something odd. I could select the level of regenerative braking and whether I wanted "hold", "roll" or "creep", and my selection was highlighted with a yellow rectangle around the button. But all three of the "stability control" buttons were grayed out, and I could not select any of them. I called Customer Service, as I did not want to drive the car with no stability control engaged. After being on hold for 28 minutes before someone took the call, I was told to try resetting the car. I did, and the screen then showed "full" stability control was engaged, as I wanted. However, when I got home and checked the settings again, the "stability control" was again grayed out, although the regen and hold funcitons were displaying properly.

Is this a glitch introduced by 1.2.19, or has anyone noticed it happening before?

Also, just how often should we be expected to reset this car to deal with one glitch after another?
There are some settings in my Tesla that disable if the car isn’t on park or of my foot is on the break. Could that be why the setting was disabled? Windshield wiper cleaning mode is disabled if the wipers are in automatic mode, but that’s unlikely to be your problem I think.

I’m pretty sure those settings are disabled unless you’re in park.

Actually I’m pretty sure they don’t give you the option to mess with the stability controls unless you’re in sprint mode. Mine is greyed out in smooth mode but full stability control is still selected, so I don’t think it means stability control is disabled, just the ability to change it is because of the drive mode you’re in?

I listed to Amazon Music more often than Tidal, because Alexa searches seem to default there
In the Alexa app on your phone, you can set which streaming service you want Alexa to default to. Also, you can also say "Alexa, play XYZ on tidal" or any other service to override the default search.

I think he was in park.

Yes, I was in park mode, sitting in the car while someone loaded up at Costco.

Actually I’m pretty sure they don’t give you the option to mess with the stability controls unless you’re in sprint mode. Mine is greyed out in smooth mode but full stability control is still selected, so I don’t think it means stability control is disabled, just the ability to change it is because of the drive mode you’re in?

If this is the case, it would have been helpful if Customer Service told me that after I had been on hold for 28 minutes with them instead of telling me to reboot the car again, which has become their "go to" answer of late.

But why would they grey out the stability control buttons in certain drive modes, leaving you unsure of what status you're in? It's one thing to disable a change, but another to not even indicate the status you're in on a selectable feature.

I had been in "Sprint" mode (which I'm selecting more and more often as my preferred mode for local driving) when I arrived at the parking lot. If you can't change stability control with the car at a standstill in "park", when can you change it? Only while you're actually driving the car in "Sprint" mode -- meaning you have to go three levels into submenus (Settings > Vehicle > Drive Settings) to change the setting?

If this is the case, it would have been helpful if Customer Service told me that after I had been on hold for 28 minutes with them instead of telling me to reboot the car again, which has become their "go to" answer of late.

But why would they grey out the stability control buttons in certain drive modes, leaving you unsure of what status you're in? It's one thing to disable a change, but another to not even indicate the status you're in on a selectable feature.

I had been in "Sprint" mode (which I'm selecting more and more often as my preferred mode for local driving) when I arrived at the parking lot. If you can't change stability control with the car at a standstill in "park", when can you change it? Only while you're actually driving the car in "Sprint" mode -- meaning you have to go three levels into submenus (Settings > Vehicle > Drive Settings) to change the setting?
I might be wrong, I’ll play with it some and report back. I do remember one time after switching to Sprint while in park it allowed me to adjust the stability control, but I’ve never had the option to change it in any other mode.

Yeah were you in smooth mode? The manual says changing it is disabled in smooth. Funny their support person hasn’t read the manual.

Attachments

• BEC8E87A-A5CF-4687-818B-82B2D9BC7531.png
    BEC8E87A-A5CF-4687-818B-82B2D9BC7531.png
    372.6 KB · Views: 76
Yeah I just tested it. In park in smooth mode no stability control change is available, it defaults to full. In swift and sprint you can change it.

Yeah I just tested it. In park in smooth mode no stability control change is available, it defaults to full. In swift and sprint you can change it.

Thanks. I'll check this out later today in my car. But I still wonder why it greys out the indicator so that you don't see what stability mode you're in?

Back