Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

I was supposed to pick up my Touring today, Lucid called me while I was 10 minutes away from their studio and told me they can’t deliver the car today because they need to replace the trunk actuator. Has this happened to anyone? Is there a known issue with the trunk actuator?
I too was suppose to pick up my car today, but got a call saying there was a fleet wide hold on deliveries with an unknown timeframe, but the DA didn’t say anything else.

Strangely, the window sticker from my car reflects the new higher pricing, not the original pricing that I paid.

The delivery tracker doesn't show any Infinite Black cars being delivered. Was mine the first one on this forum?

Last edited:
Strangely, the window sticker from my car reflects the new higher pricing, not the original pricing that I paid.

The delivery tracker doesn't show any Infinite Black cars being delivered. Was mine the first one on this forum?
No one in the tracker had the right specs with Santa Cruz interior. You are the only one now (you have two red cars in the tracker from what I’m seeing).

I too was suppose to pick up my car today, but got a call saying there was a fleet wide hold on deliveries with an unknown timeframe, but the DA didn’t say anything else.
That explains alot.

Some differences I notice off the bat, regen braking much stronger in the Lucid, even in standard mode. Brake hold always active in Lucid while needs to be activated by pushing pedal to floor in Porsche. Lucid handles road irregularities much more comfortably. Definitely more body roll in the LA. So far in 20 miles of driving I cannot tell which I prefer.
The two dark spots from the headlights are a little distracting too. I'm sure I'll stop focusing on them quickly though.

I'm becoming more anxious about EOY delivery. Fully loaded QG/SC AT with VIN assigned 12/3. No new news since then. Still listed as In production on the website. Other threads have discussed a company wide hold on deliveries. Still hopeful but less confident.

I'm becoming more anxious about EOY delivery. Fully loaded QG/SC AT with VIN assigned 12/3. No new news since then. Still listed as In production on the website. Other threads have discussed a company wide hold on deliveries. Still hopeful but less confident.
Same. My butt cheeks are clenching tighter day-by-day. Soon I’ll be pooping out diamonds! 💩 💎

Same. My butt cheeks are clenching tighter day-by-day. Soon I’ll be pooping out diamonds! 💩 💎
I think the folks located nearer to AZ (CA, TX) have a much higher shot at EOY delivery. Those of us further north/east are probably going to be disappointed.

I think the folks located nearer to AZ (CA, TX) have a much higher shot at EOY delivery. Those of us further north/east are probably going to be disappointed.
I'm guessing beginning of the month prioritize northern states, and then closer to Dec 31st, deliver to AZ/CA/NV

I last spoke with my DA on 12/8. He thought it was "very likely" I would receive my car at Tyson's Corner (Virginia) by year's end, and thought it was "nearly certain" that I could get it by 12/31 if I went to Chicago for pickup (which I offered to do). He also discussed looking to see if my trim had already been made and possibly switching VINs to expedite things (I ordered a fully loaded QG/SC AT and received my VIN on 12/3). After that 12/8 conversation I was very optimistic. Now, less so. I have a scheduled call on 12/20 - hoping I receive good news before then.

Some differences I notice off the bat, regen braking much stronger in the Lucid, even in standard mode. Brake hold always active in Lucid while needs to be activated by pushing pedal to floor in Porsche. Lucid handles road irregularities much more comfortably. Definitely more body roll in the LA. So far in 20 miles of driving I cannot tell which I prefer.
The two dark spots from the headlights are a little distracting too. I'm sure I'll stop focusing on them quickly though.
The brake hold can be changed to 'roll' if you prefer that. And yeah, the headlight spots "go away" as you drive with them more.

The brake hold can be changed to 'roll' if you prefer that. And yeah, the headlight spots "go away" as you drive with them more.
Even when creep mode is enabled, brake hold remains activated when you stop until you touch the accelerator pedal slightly and the car begins to move forward. Personally, I love brake hold.

I'm guessing beginning of the month prioritize northern states, and then closer to Dec 31st, deliver to AZ/CA/NV
I doubt this is what's happening. Even looking at the limited sample size in this tracker, I can't help but notice that multiple folks with later reservation/confirmed/finalized dates than myself received VINs earlier than me, and the main pattern among them is their proximity to AZ. Either that or there's some shortage in 19in. wheels, so the folks that are located in warmer areas and are getting 20/21 in wheels are moving ahead first.

Just completed my order. Here are my details...

Lucid Air Touring​

Order Submission: December 19, 2022 / 4:57 PM
Infinite Black,
Mojave Interior,
20” Aero Lite Wheels,
Glass Canopy Roof,
Surreal Sound Pro

No Stealth
No Dream Drive Pro

Just completed my order. Here are my details...

Lucid Air Touring​

Order Submission: December 19, 2022 / 4:57 PM
Infinite Black,
Mojave Interior,
20” Aero Lite Wheels,
Glass Canopy Roof,
Surreal Sound Pro

No Stealth
No Dream Drive Pro
I think you mean Dec 18 (today).

Back