Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

This picture sold me on the Tahoe interior with zenith red exterior
DDBCF1E3-0B0B-4FF4-BAF1-7946E14FC885.jpeg

Another thought I just had that supports the theory that Touring cars were produced ahead of finalizations. If they built out, say, X number of silver fully loaded Tourings, and then not that many people finalized with that config, it would make even more sense to contact customers who were just missing DDPro to upsell them. Not because they had capacity to run more silver cars through production, but because they already had produced those cars.
It just occurred to me that Lucid may be doing serious QC on the Tourings that have already been built, possibly in a variety of colors, and waiting to assign VIN’s only on those cars that pass the rigorous process in order to make sure that the cars delivered this year are the top of the mark quality-wise. The ones that are not quite ready will be brought up to proper spec for later delivery. Just a thought!

I must have debated the color choices to death because they all look great. I thought keeping Santa Cruz clean would be the hardest so going with Mohave.
I am hoping that ceramic interior treatment will help keep it clean.

Another thought I just had that supports the theory that Touring cars were produced ahead of finalizations. If they built out, say, X number of silver fully loaded Tourings, and then not that many people finalized with that config, it would make even more sense to contact customers who were just missing DDPro to upsell them. Not because they had capacity to run more silver cars through production, but because they already had produced those cars.
That would make sense. I was invited on short notice to the launch event in BH and they offered to deliver me a touring if I was ok with cosmos silver. I declined as I have a quantum grey reserved.

68669D15-5605-4165-9E84-4118D5C6F7A2.jpeg

This is the AGT with Tahoe that initially sold me on the interior (I like the white but I’m going with black since my wife just got a Model Y in white).

Just spoke with my DA for the 1st time. I am in the Stellar White camp and he said in the system, my VIN is set to be assigned mid-late December. He said if they assign the VIN on Dec. 14 I could likely pick up in Chicago on our shortly after Dec. 23. Unfortunately, looks like a real possibility that I wont take delivery this year.

Just spoke with my DA for the 1st time. I am in the Stellar White camp and he said in the system, my VIN is set to be assigned mid-late December. He said if they assign the VIN on Dec. 14 I could likely pick up in Chicago on our shortly after Dec. 23. Unfortunately, looks like a real possibility that I wont take delivery this year.
Not good news for other Stellar White since you’re the earliest reservation date on the tracker.

So it looks like they are predicting about 9-10 days from VIN to delivery. Interesting.

Given I confirmed five days after you (remember, finalization date is what counts, not necessarily original order date), it looks like there's a slim chance I could take delivery in the very last week of the year. Very slim.

That would make sense. I was invited on short notice to the launch event in BH and they offered to deliver me a touring if I was ok with cosmos silver. I declined as I have a quantum grey reserved.
You have excellent taste in exterior colors. I didn't see you on the tracker, post up your stats and join the club!

Well that and the tax credit. Car needs to be put in service for 2022.
I finally reached out to my tax accountant about this and gave him the docs lucid shared and he am informed that even if it’s delivered in 2023 we would still get the tax credit
That's precisely what my DA said - "Whatever you've been told in the past, go with that..underpromise, overdeliver." I had to tell him that it was my first call with a DA and nobody had ever given me any guidance on delivery dates. Never got any suggestion that my fully loaded Stellar White/Santa Cruz would be available in December. Think he said 1-3 months or something like that.

I do think it's interesting how some DAs seems to have more information than others and are more helpful and optimistic. Then you have other DAs that seem to just read off a script. I would have appreciated, for example, if my DA had suggested an opportunity to move to silver if I wanted to get my car sooner; I saw that was offered to another forum member. My call lasted all of five minutes and I didn't learn anything I didn't already know from this community.
omg I got so frustrated with my DA for the exact same thing it literally felt like he was reading a script to me when he’d answer me, it was insane and I would ask him to stop reading his script and please just answer me yes or no or even idk!

I would imagine it is a logistical nightmare trying to pair that many cars with the differing configurations to a specific owner and then trying to pair that with the logistics of delivery. That would certainly explain why the delays in getting Vins out. Of course if this theory holds, you would expect a LARGE numbers of VINS to get out through the DAs this week or next….?
Idk why they are stacking those cars up on their lot like that, I was just talking with my uncle who helps support my car fetishized with his dealers license bc we buy cars all over the country and just have them shipped. You post it on a website # or cars and city/state and truckers bid to pick them up! Then you start negotiating for bulk pricing as is goes on and the business comes in to move them out! It’s so weird!!!

I finally reached out to my tax accountant about this and gave him the docs lucid shared and he am informed that even if it’s delivered in 2023 we would still get the tax credit

omg I got so frustrated with my DA for the exact same thing it literally felt like he was reading a script to me when he’d answer me, it was insane and I would ask him to stop reading his script and please just answer me yes or no or even idk!
Did you provide the IRS note about their example for a "binding contract"?

I'm trying to get more info about VIN assignment and delivery for my Stellar White/Tahoe AT from my DA. Last email to him has gone unanswered for about 24 hours now. The initial call was great and he gave me the whole "1-3 month" line, but also stated twice that it could be as soon as the end of the month (November). Now, this was before the Nov 15th event and the roll out of all the Cosmos Silver first. Clearly the end of the month isn't gonna happen given it's already the 21st.

Just curious, how often and through what method (email, phone, text) do you all contact your DAs?

Quantum Gray
Mojave
Stealth
Glass Canopy
20" Stealth Wheels
SSP
DDP
CA

Order Reserved Mar 28 2022
Order Confirmed Aug 10 2022 (for Tax Credit)
Order Finalized Nov 1 2022

I'm trying to get more info about VIN assignment and delivery for my Stellar White/Tahoe AT from my DA. Last email to him has gone unanswered for about 24 hours now. The initial call was great and he gave me the whole "1-3 month" line, but also stated twice that it could be as soon as the end of the month (November). Now, this was before the Nov 15th event and the roll out of all the Cosmos Silver first. Clearly the end of the month isn't gonna happen given it's already the 21st.

Just curious, how often and through what method (email, phone, text) do you all contact your DAs?
My DA initially reached out via phone but I was unable to take the call. It took me 3-4 days of calling back (and even asking my SA halfway in) before I finally had a phone conversation with my DA. Was nice and not reading from a script, although he did make sure I had completed all the requirements so far (e.g., upload my ID properly). Explained two of the days I called were his days off.

At any rate, the conversation moved to email from there, and he’s been fairly responsive via that channel. He also offered to communicate via texts. I’d say ask your DA what they prefer.

Not good news for other Stellar White since you’re the earliest reservation date on the tracker.
Based on recent trends I would not [necessarily] hold true to that notion. If what one of our form members says is true (regarding being invited to take delivery of a Cosmos Silver Touring) then LUCID has not prioritized deliveries based on reservation holder's date. I believe there are one or two forum members that have reservations longer than mine and at the in-set of each phase (i.e., reservation, reservation conversion to order, order conversion to finalization, VIN issuance, etc.) I have had to contact LUCID and inquire as to why others had been invited to move forward in the process prior to my being contacted.

Don't take this as a knock against LUCID ..as I have a deep appreciation for the painstaking efforts of growing and maturing business process (especially at the startup & growth stage/s of a companiy's initial five years.. as I am a business owner). And, during each of the phases noted each of my LUCID representatives have gone above & beyond [once realizing my tenure] to ensure my order is monitored.
Yet I would have flown to SoCal to pick up that Cosmos Silver Touring, if invited, as it was the configuration I reserved back in March 2020. Just an observation from a long standing future Touring owner.

As we are now on the cusp of taking delivery, for the non-cash buyers and leads on attractive financing?

Back