• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

All these deliveries is making me anxious :rolleyes: I can now see why people get frustrated with Lucids communication or lack of. There was no communication initiated by Lucid until I went for a private event and made a face to face enquiry... "Ah we have good news, your vehicle is ready and should be heading to Chicago for pre delivery inspection" I ask about payment and get a response slightly better than the usual email response... "I'll be busy with this opening event but I will get to it tomorrow and once the PA is generated, I will send it to you.!" One week gone, and dashboard still shows car in production. Yes its just a week but I've been waiting for almost two years now. It will be nice to get an update every week, when it gets this close.

Also had my Touring delivered yesterday.. Wow! Driving this car around is a dream. Delivery itself went well. Car came from Seattle and arrived 1 1/2 hours early. Had a 2 1/2 hour virtual walkthrough with Ryan who was patient and explained everything. Car has no problems or alignment issues that I can see but I am taking it to my PPF installer today and he is going to inspect it for me. Everything working as advertised so far. A few of the things that people have raised in the past as concerns (speed of wipers, temp of heated seats/wheel, position of steering wheel, position of tint line on window, accuracy of navigation, sound system quality, etc etc) all seem absolutely fantastic from my perspective. I couldn’t be happier at this point. The Lucid delays and periods of silence between communications were frustrating but they really do take care of us well. I found adopting a relaxed “it will happen when it happens” attitude was better for my mental health. For those still waiting, hang in there! Car is so totally worth it!

2023 Lucid Touring, Infinite Black, Mojave interior, glass roof, SSP, DDP, 19” wheels
Ordered - April 28, 2022
Confirmed - August 10, 2022
Confirmed for real - November 2, 2022
VIN assigned - Jan 12, 2023
PA Signed and funds sent - January 27, 2023
Production complete and arrived in Seattle - Feb 8, 2023
Contacted to arrange delivery - February 24, 2023
Delivered - March 3, 2023

49968951-DB27-489D-AF87-45B87C624C96.jpeg

Also had my Touring delivered yesterday.. Wow! Driving this car around is a dream. Delivery itself went well. Car came from Seattle and arrived 1 1/2 hours early. Had a 2 1/2 hour virtual walkthrough with Ryan who was patient and explained everything. Car has no problems or alignment issues that I can see but I am taking it to my PPF installer today and he is going to inspect it for me. Everything working as advertised so far. A few of the things that people have raised in the past as concerns (speed of wipers, temp of heated seats/wheel, position of steering wheel, position of tint line on window, accuracy of navigation, sound system quality, etc etc) all seem absolutely fantastic from my perspective. I couldn’t be happier at this point. The Lucid delays and periods of silence between communications were frustrating but they really do take care of us well. I found adopting a relaxed “it will happen when it happens” attitude was better for my mental health. For those still waiting, hang in there! Car is so totally worth it!

2023 Lucid Touring, Infinite Black, Mojave interior, glass roof, SSP, DDP, 19” wheels
Ordered - April 28, 2022
Confirmed - August 10, 2022
Confirmed for real - November 2, 2022
VIN assigned - Jan 12, 2023
PA Signed and funds sent - January 27, 2023
Production complete and arrived in Seattle - Feb 8, 2023
Contacted to arrange delivery - February 24, 2023
Delivered - March 3, 2023
Congratulations! And glad to hear it all goes well after the long wait. I’m a few days away from delivery here in S Florida (waiting for final inspection), then to PPF/tint. You give me hope….. 😂

Your car looks great and is very encouraging 😀. I was at the private event in Tysons Corner VA yesterday and was able to see different car combinations side by side. I hated my configuration of grey, and the 19" rims looked really bad, compared to the 20" and 21". The silver color. Which is really a light shade of grey also stood out. "Unfortunately" my car is already built in CA and will soon be on its way to Chicago for inspection so no more changes.
This photo is really encouraging so I guess the bad weather had an effect yesterday. I opted for 19"s because of various posts about blowouts, I'm wondering if the 20s also have that problem. Btw does yours have the wheel caps for improved range over them? Attaching some pictures I took
I am so happy with it, the look and the drive. its going to be great!

Sold my Tesla on Cargurus privately for $6k more than what Carmax and local dealers were offering…The listing only cost me couple bucks…
Thanks for the pointer...I have gone this route and uploaded my pics etc. of the car...I decided to sell it to Cargurus themselves though due to convenience of they picking up etc. after uploading docs. Let's see...never sold a car online before...!

After 29 months of anticipation, I received my Touring yesterday. The delivery was a little mistimed. I was out of town visiting my parents Saturday and the driver already had the car unloaded before I got home. So, I missed a little of that excitement. But, none the less, I am thrilled with the car as all of you said I would be. I told the the very nice delivery driver who spoke very little English "I was beginning to think this day might never come!" He was great and I gave him tip (recommended by someone here- thanks). All I can really report at this time is that Launch Mode is truly sick! Hopefully charging goes well today because I leave tomorrow morning on an overnight business trip which will require charging during the trip.
20230305_131401.jpg

After 29 months of anticipation, I received my Touring yesterday. The delivery was a little mistimed. I was out of town visiting my parents Saturday and the driver already had the car unloaded before I got home. So, I missed a little of that excitement. But, none the less, I am thrilled with the car as all of you said I would be. I told the the very nice delivery driver who spoke very little English "I was beginning to think this day might never come!" He was great and I gave him tip (recommended by someone here- thanks). All I can really report at this time is that Launch Mode is truly sick! Hopefully charging goes well today because I leave tomorrow morning on an overnight business trip which will require charging during the trip.View attachment 10284
Truly a gorgeous color. I loved it when I first saw it a couple of years ago in the NYC studio and loved it when I saw it on my test drive car. Enjoy!

Truly a gorgeous color. I loved it when I first saw it a couple of years ago in the NYC studio and loved it when I saw it on my test drive car. Enjoy!
Yeah it's awesome and it's perfect for me because I don't really want to stand out *too* much lol. I got a lot of heads turning to look at it today because most people in Buffalo have never heard of Lucid before.

Major milestones today... Got 45% tints and ppf done and back today... On the fence about them being slightly darker than I thought they'd be.. but oh well.. and got EA fast charging working for the first time today.. limited to 50kw but still was cool to see... Forgot all about the charging animation but then when I turned back to see it charge I was in love all over again. Hopefully you can see the video attached of what it looks like when it's charging from the front. Still loving it ❤️

Attachments

• PXL_20230307_015956563.LS.mp4
    6.9 MB
  • PXL_20230306_212340525.jpg
    PXL_20230306_212340525.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 155
  • PXL_20230307_015954783.jpg
    PXL_20230307_015954783.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 155
  • PXL_20230307_015731583.jpg
    PXL_20230307_015731583.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 152
Major milestones today... Got 45% tints and ppf done and back today... On the fence about them being slightly darker than I thought they'd be.. but oh well.. and got EA fast charging working for the first time today.. limited to 50kw but still was cool to see... Forgot all about the charging animation but then when I turned back to see it charge I was in love all over again. Hopefully you can see the video attached of what it looks like when it's charging from the front. Still loving it ❤️
Hey man really niceeee. I didn't know Lucid had charging animation... that's so cool!

How much were your tints and PPFs? did you do full PPFs?

Hey man really niceeee. I didn't know Lucid had charging animation... that's so cool!

How much were your tints and PPFs? did you do full PPFs?
Tints were $850.. no windshield or roof..Xpel XR Plus... Ppf only did full front..bumpers full hood mirrors and headlights..Xpel Ultimate Plus... $1450 for 10mil thickness.. might go back and request 55% tints.. let's see... But gulf coast auto and John were awesome.. great shop..

Received an email last night that my Touring shipped from the factory and would be headed straight to Tysons for PDI at the new service center. Should arrive by Friday and I hope to pick it up next Friday. Not much longer now!

Received an email last night that my Touring shipped from the factory and would be headed straight to Tysons for PDI at the new service center. Should arrive by Friday and I hope to pick it up next Friday. Not much longer now!

Is Alina your DA?

I might be there getting my ZR SC at the same time. They haven't told me that it's on its way to NoVA yet, but it should be soon.

Back