Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Heard from DA Bryan Holly yesterday after I emailed him a request to remove DDP from my 2nd Touring build. After driving my car over 1000 miles, I just find that adaptive cruise and lane departure warning is adequate and I really don't care for HA enough to justify the expense. I will miss the surround view camera but front and rear cameras are sufficient. I recommend anyone on the fence about DDP to order without it and try it for 3 months first. If DDP is under $5000, I'd probably get it, but at 9-10g, you're paying $$$ for a lot of future tech that may take a very long time to reach general use.

He expects metal roof cars to begin delivery in March.

Heard from DA Bryan Holly yesterday after I emailed him a request to remove DDP from my 2nd Touring build. After driving my car over 1000 miles, I just find that adaptive cruise and lane departure warning is adequate and I really don't care for HA enough to justify the expense. I will miss the surround view camera but front and rear cameras are sufficient. I recommend anyone on the fence about DDP to order without it and try it for 3 months first. If DDP is under $5000, I'd probably get it, but at 9-10g, you're paying $$$ for a lot of future tech that may take a very long time to reach general use.

Do you have lane centering without DDPro? If yes then what exactly is highway assist? Most cars have lane centering that work quite well without enhanced equipment

Highway Assist = Lane Centering + Adaptive Cruise. DD does not include lane centering, only DDP does. DD has lane departure warning and adaptive cruise. Must get DDP to have 360 degree surround view camera.

Thats sad on the part of lucid, it seems like a way to get people to add DDPro. Almost every car made after 2020 has the option of lane centering + active cruise with a single camera. Well I also removed DDPro and Surreal Sound, hopefully I get the trial

Thats sad on the part of lucid, it seems like a way to get people to add DDPro. Almost every car made after 2020 has the option of lane centering + active cruise with a single camera. Well I also removed DDPro and Surreal Sound, hopefully I get the trial
most luxury car companies offer driver assist package as an option. I still haven’t used DDP but 360 view is very nice. I don’t think they are worth $10k right now. Get it if you are buying a touring. If buying Pure, then you should consider not getting it. That’s my recommendation.

Folks, I plan to pick my AT from Costa Mesa, CA on Saturday. Any advice on PDI procedure, questions to ask the DA? I've got a small list based on reading few posts on this forum. If anyone has a reference/link to an exhaustive list (that I may have missed), would greatly appreciate if you could point me to it. It is possible to get EA charging a dry-run with the DA near the Costa Mesa service center?

Folks, I plan to pick my AT from Costa Mesa, CA on Saturday. Any advice on PDI procedure, questions to ask the DA? I've got a small list based on reading few posts on this forum. If anyone has a reference/link to an exhaustive list (that I may have missed), would greatly appreciate if you could point me to it. It is possible to get EA charging a dry-run with the DA near the Costa Mesa service center?
Could you post said list so when it's time for me to swing by Costa Mesa for a pick up (someday), I can be ready? :D

I thought some metal roof cars had already been delivered. Don't we have a couple of those owners here? For me the question is when RWD production will begin and nobody has that answer.

I thought some metal roof cars had already been delivered. Don't we have a couple of those owners here? For me the question is when RWD production will begin and nobody has that answer.
Metal roof Pures have been delivered. Not Touring.

Thread 'About to take delivery of your new Air? Check these items first!' https://lucidowners.com/threads/about-to-take-delivery-of-your-new-air-check-these-items-first.1826/

Did everyone get a Certificate of Origin for their Touring? If so, can you check the H.P.? It is on the left side of the document just below the BODY TYPE, which says 4-DOOR. The H.P. listed on my document states 819. I'm guessing it is a typo.

Did everyone get a Certificate of Origin for their Touring? If so, can you check the H.P.? It is on the left side of the document just below the BODY TYPE, which says 4-DOOR. The H.P. listed on my document states 819. I'm guessing it is a typo.
I don't think I received this. Where/when did you get it?

Do you mean the Monroney? Also known as the window sticker? Mine says 620hp, but has the new higher pricing listed not the original pricing.

I don't think I received this. Where/when did you get it?
No, it looks like this. I'm assuming I got this because Lucid does not have a sales point in Nevada. I need a Certificate of Origin to register my vehicle.

Attachments

• Certificate.jpg
    Certificate.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 110
No, it looks like this. I'm assuming I got this because Lucid does not have a sales point in Nevada. I need a Certificate of Origin to register my vehicle.
Got it. They don’t give this in California. Is there an issue with registering with the incorrect HP shown?

My COO for my Touring lists the hp at 620... sounds like your COO might be for a GT?

I honestly don't know. My brother-in-law bought the same Touring in Silver. His COO says 819HP, but the VIN doesn't match. He is contacting Lucid for the correct document; otherwise, he won't be able to register his vehicle. I'm going to check the back seat tomorrow so see if the floorboard sits higher. The range at 96% (when I received the car) showed less than 400 miles. Since his discovery, I've checked and double/triple checked all my documents, and the VIN matches.

I honestly don't know. My brother-in-law bought the same Touring in Silver. His COO says 819HP, but the VIN doesn't match. He is contacting Lucid for the correct document; otherwise, he won't be able to register his vehicle. I'm going to check the back seat tomorrow so see if the floorboard sits higher. The range at 96% (when I received the car) showed less than 400 miles. Since his discovery, I've checked and double/triple checked all my documents, and the VIN matches.
The horsepower of your car is encoded in the VIN - you can use this tool from NHTSA to see what the value is:

Use the "Show All Vehicle Details" button that shows up after you submit the VIN - my VIN's reported horsepower was on page 5.

Back