Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Pure

For those considering the upgrade to Touring, don't forget one of the biggest differences is that Touring is AWD. Base pure is not. Although I'm not sure what the current cost is to add AWD to the base pure.

Touring definitely worth it. If you’re financing 6 years, it’s about $270 more a month. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.
And if anyone is like me and usually keep their cars for 10+ years, Touring is a great price.

For those considering the upgrade to Touring, don't forget one of the biggest differences is that Touring is AWD. Base pure is not. Although I'm not sure what the current cost is to add AWD to the base pure.
Current cost for Dual Motor and All wheel drive is $5,500

Probably the wrong forum to ask but is there any info on what will happen to the EV tax credit if we switch to Touring?

Probably the wrong forum to ask but is there any info on what will happen to the EV tax credit if we switch to Touring?
Read this good news from this link, I just sent the question to my DA,

Depending on what upgrades you were considering for the Pure, getting $7500 off the Touring is something to consider vs what the Pure would have cost without that.

It's only $5K. better to add to the Pure than order the Touring if AWD is the only thing you desire that is missing from the Pure.

So glad reading about the 7500 credit! Makes the deal and decision to upgrade to Touring even sweeter!

Perfect! I guess I’ll look into switching to a Touring then!
Good choice, you won't regret it!
Yesterday, I talked to my DA to upgrade my Pure to the Touring trim model. So happy that I get to pay the old list price which saves around $12,000 compared to the current list price. Today I got another call from my DA and confirmed that I got to save another $7500 on top of that. You can order the Touring with a glass top and leave out the rest of the options.
You will get the Touring price, which is less than a fully loaded Pure.

Completely agree noobs, it was more like a $20k price diff for me too. While I do think a $100k car should already include whisper close doors, interior lights, ventilated seats and shades, I do not like the platinum finish to the glass canopy, so for me I had to do stealth and the wheels, idc about the extra range or hp for ME, a moonroof would have been nice but love the aero blade wheels and fathom blue, and faux leather is good too, just wish the stereo had a little bottom end so might put a 8 or 10 in a stealth box in the trunk somewhere if it works out…and as for the recycled materials vs the suede (might be justifying it to myself…) but i find myself putting my fingers on the recycled material on the dash to touch the hovering panel and I think over time the suede would show signs of wear doing that over and over again
Glass canopy is nice and futuristic. Someone mentioned that a metal roof will be less heat inside the car. Glass will be pricey if damaged.

Ventilated seats hmm can't really comment on this since I've never used it and I'm cursed (or blessed) with small butt so I never considered this.

Sunshades I've completely forgotten about them. Window tinting may be more effective? Usually for heat problems I'd just open all my windows the first several minutes I drive. Pure has black interior so it's going to be hot. If you got Touring, what interior are you getting? I was going to get Santa Cruz but I've been happy with the fake leather black Pure interior.

Soft door close would be nice as 100% of my passengers and guests have so far failed to fully close their door on their first attempt lol

Power frunk. I rarely use the frunk since I have the spare tire in there. Soft close non powered frunk has been fine for me. Opening it is not a problem. Just lift a little and it'll fully open on it's own. Do have to exert a bit when pulling it down to close it though. Fortunately the trunk is powered now I would be bothered if they removed that.

If you're in the Sacramento area let me know

Good choice, you won't regret it!
Yesterday, I talked to my DA to upgrade my Pure to the Touring trim model. So happy that I get to pay the old list price which saves around $12,000 compared to the current list price. Today I got another call from my DA and confirmed that I got to save another $7500 on top of that. You can order the Touring with a glass top and leave out the rest of the options.
You will get the Touring price, which is less than a fully loaded Pure.
so what is the old Touring base price? I too have a Pure with the old price but might consider Touring if the price is close enough with the $7500 credit.

so what is the old Touring base price? I too have a Pure with the old price but might consider Touring if the price is close enough with the $7500 credit.
$95,000
Glass Canopy Roof Option = $4,000
Surreal Sound Audio System = $2,900
Dream Drive Pro (Level 3 Autonomous Driving) = $9,000

Fully loaded Touring comes out to 105k with the old pricing+7500 credit...consider that a new Pure fully loaded is about 96k... Yo me the upgrade is more than worth it..

FINALLY -

Dear REDACTED,

I would like to thank you for your continued support and provide you with an update on your Lucid Air Pure reservation.

We began delivering Air Pure at the end of 2022 and we are so excited to get this amazing car into more customers’ hands as soon as possible. As the most attainable version of Air, Pure provides unbelievable range, comfort, utility, and performance. The smiles on customers’ faces during the initial deliveries were incredible and we can’t wait to see the smiles of many more thousands of Air Pure reservation holders that will take delivery in 2023.

Over the next few weeks, we will invite Air Pure reservation holders to configure their desired cars and submit their orders. We will then sequence these orders based on the selected configurations.

Throughout the first half of this year we are building the dual motor, all-wheel drive version of Air Pure, and initially, these cars will be configured with DreamDrive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro. By limiting the number of configurations at the introduction of a new model version it allows us to streamline the production process.

By Q3 2023 we plan to introduce the rear-wheel drive Air Pure. By this time, we also expect to make standard versions of DreamDrive and Surreal Sound available.

Below are the expected specifications for the rear-wheel drive version of Air Pure.¹
  • Projected Range: estimated 406 mi. (projection based on EPA test cycle)
  • 0-60 MPH time: 4.4 sec.
  • Horsepower: 430 hp
  • Torque: 550 Nm (406 lb-ft)
I share this information with you so that you can make an informed decision about how you configure your order. If you would like to get your Air Pure as soon as possible, we recommend you select all-wheel drive with DreamDrive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro.

You should soon be receiving your invitation to order your Lucid Air Pure. Visit the Air Pure page to see additional photos and specifications. If you have any questions, please reach out to your Sales Advisor, or contact Sales at (844) 367-7787.

I hope you are as excited as we are for the arrival of your Air Pure.

Regards,
JONwTqppQMWRLVnVFXKyyCcsthE4hiOum_3FfmOYS6tYwKIyvAGbL4ErBp5KobzkHNvz5pwX4qGi_Lv3LXW-1Hf5T5VZ7LhluVtDdHFKTG1rd_GyJvvTI8viIM4WRIkdkEpRL8KJCEYYPDRjWq0ZZ2jhwLDaZx8-I24=s0-d-e1-ft
Zak Edson
VP of Sales and Service
Lucid Motors
¹ Air Pure RWD is currently in preproduction and final specifications are subject to change.
Lucid Motors USA, Inc.
7373 Gateway Boulevard, Newark, CA 94560, USA

Qjc9Th6DYkUe4m4yOt5qqEh6my1d6wdwk2G0dszzIbZvwI_7y_tC_PwfwRuzqi_65GodoO_tw9lMLsAp82oIUvUgJ_rNx9kv8dyFqR9CEVkzvPLSSh5riwuoVHxZKM-GLTuHrE0KZAOXXk5jI23UKBT_IyPU06spas2L8i6uHdJQ1pL3GEPpGz_QkF1jV2AATle-KZgNXzcbwRQ3wx4WfF29_vVRQAGvxnsfnvqtqyqn6wugC4F8MXB7jA=s0-d-e1-ft

I just got the same email. Now I have decisions to make ...

1 - Get the Pure
2 - Get the Touring, assuming I can take advantage of both legacy pricing and the new $7,500 reduction
3 - Get neither and wait for the Fisker Ocean I have reserved

Hmm.

I wonder what will end up being Lucid’s highest volume configuration. The two motor upgrade on the Pure has more range and power for not that large a price increase. I am guessing that may end up being their highest volume.

Back