• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Pure

Yes, we all agree it is important for Lucid to produce more cars, faster. That’s not exactly news.

That said, ramping up takes time, and perhaps they discovered inefficiencies or issues with the first 12 that they are ironing out before the second batch. Eventually, they will have the line fully set up to crank them out; we saw that with the GT pushes and touring.
I agree. I'm on another EV group that has pushed out a lot more cars, but now they have people waiting months out for service. It will be unfortunate if they pushed out say 500 Pure's in December and are unable to provide timely support on those vehicles.

I reserved a Pure in April of 2022 and convered to an oder in Aug of 2022 in order to "qualify" for $7500 tax credit. When do you think I might be getting my Pure? Thanks

Drove to the Dallas studio today from Houston, drove the touring, and simply amazed how good a car they've made! All doubts about lucid are gone..and I also added the DD Pro to my pure build cos it was that amazing and a no brainier to add! Mine is now a fully loaded Fathom pure with a list price of 96K and I think it's so going to be worth it! Can't wait to get it in my garage..! And what made the whole thing awesome was the super nice friendly service we got all the way for over 3 hrs that I spent at the studio. From everything I saw, lucid has a winner at hand and I'm super pumped about not only the car but also the brand as a whole. Now the hard part... The wait... Ha..
I had the same experience at the Tyson's studio, but I upgraded to the Touring without DDPro/SoundPro in lieu of my fully loaded Pure for around the same price, in the hopes that the DDPro hardware will be installed. No one at the studio could categorically state that it will came preinstalled.

I reserved a Pure in April of 2022 and convered to an oder in Aug of 2022 in order to "qualify" for $7500 tax credit. When do you think I might be getting my Pure? Thanks
The reservation date does not qualify you for the tax rebate. It’s the delivery/in service date.

Possibly in 2023. Sooner or later, depending on the options that you ordered.
Also possibly in 2024.

The reservation date does not qualify you for the tax rebate. It’s the delivery/in service date.
I thought the whole point of converting the refundable deposit to a non-refundable "order" was to qualify for the tax credit. Other automakers were doing similar tactics. I know details of the new tax credit are still sort of unknown, but I thought converting to an order to still qualify for the credit was pretty set.

I thought the whole point of converting the refundable deposit to a non-refundable "order" was to qualify for the tax credit. Other automakers were doing similar tactics. I know details of the new tax credit are still sort of unknown, but I thought converting to an order to still qualify for the credit was pretty set.
Just a reminder: we don’t talk tax credits in the delivery threads. I will be erasing any further comments on tax credits. Please restrict those to the approximately 18,000 pages of “discussion” we already have about this tax credit found on tax-specific threads.

Search is your friend.

Is the same car , with smaller battery. So it shouldn’t be that hard. They have major problems.
Peter Rawlinson was asked how long those waiting for the base Pure would have to wait. He said perhaps Q4.
Interesting, since I've ordered a base Air Pure. I was "guessing" late 2023 based on current production. Could you provide a reference for the Rawlinson comment?

@noobzilla @HariK On your Pures, are you able to change the interior car theme colors(From red, to blue to green etc) or does it stay one color and brightness level? Thanks...

@noobzilla @HariK On your Pures, are you able to change the interior car theme colors(From red, to blue to green etc) or does it stay one color and brightness level? @

@noobzilla @HariK On your Pures, are you able to change the interior car theme colors(From red, to blue to green etc) or does it stay one color and brightness level? Thanks...
@noobzilla reported in his Pure review that the ambient lighting cannot be changed.

I ordered a fully loaded Pure except color is QG.
My DA estimates that my VIN will be assigned in the next 3-6 weeks.
Time to scrape together the funds 😅
Hopefully no negative suprises! Loans I applied for offered 60k only. I thought I would have to cancel t.t Then got higher loan from Parsons Federal Credit Union, which saved me haha. Good luck and ai hope you get the car soon!

I ordered a fully loaded Pure except color is QG.
My DA estimates that my VIN will be assigned in the next 3-6 weeks.
Time to scrape together the funds 😅
That is pretty quick.

I was told that payment will need to be made in "two to three weeks". Waiting for the VIN.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully no negative suprises! Loans I applied for offered 60k only. I thought I would have to cancel t.t Then got higher loan from Parsons Federal Credit Union, which saved me haha. Good luck and ai hope you get the car soon!
I opened an account at Parsons over the Christmas holiday. Their specialized EV financing and 3.79% is one of the lowest rates I could find.

I switched back to my original configure. please update it
Single Motor - RWD
Quantum Grey
19” Wheel
Mojave Purluxe
Dream Drive
Surreal Sound

Admin: I added DD PRO to my build. Kindly update my configuration on the tracker. No sign of a confirmation email or a confirmation button yet.

Back