Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Wow. Seems like in just a few weeks since I was going through this that their deliveries have started outpacing their logistics. Yet another stage in their growing pains.

Wow. Seems like in just a few weeks since I was going through this that their deliveries have started outpacing their logistics. Yet another stage in their growing pains.
Good problem to have considering the tough year Lucid has had.

Not surprising for first year production vehicle to see these growing pain. Lucid especially as they are trying to establish themselves in luxury market place with higher QA and post-delivery service.

Sure.....here you go....car will be in the shop for 6 business days (not including drop off day)

Full XPEL Ultimate Stealth - $8,030 + tax
Ceramic on top of PPF - $500
Window Tinting (driver side, passenger side, back windshield) - $750 + tax
I used Empire Auto Spa. North of Orlando. Full PPF subtle, full tint including front window, ceramic coat interior and wheels. Mine was the fourth Lucid in their shop. Shawn and the team was great to work with. Plus if you deliver straight to their shop, Shawn will assist you with the delivery inspection.

i'm getting the sense that deliveries (and problems or lack thereof associated with the deliveries) are very much location-specific. We had our VIN assignment on Sep 27, and our de-facto DA in California, Ross, told us that the car had been shipped from AZ to Millbrae for final prep etc. Papers are signed, money's transferred, but not a peep from anyone here locally (Colorado). There's not really a service center here, just a studio in Denver. They haven't told us if it's going to be home delivered, or whether we're going to pick it up, nor have they given us any firm dates. Can't imagine that it would take a full 3 weeks to prep and ship a car, so I'm guessing that they just don't have the staff available to handle more than a couple of deliveries per day. Hoping that we don't run into the same sorts of problems if we ever need service.

i'm getting the sense that deliveries (and problems or lack thereof associated with the deliveries) are very much location-specific. We had our VIN assignment on Sep 27, and our de-facto DA in California, Ross, told us that the car had been shipped from AZ to Millbrae for final prep etc. Papers are signed, money's transferred, but not a peep from anyone here locally (Colorado). There's not really a service center here, just a studio in Denver. They haven't told us if it's going to be home delivered, or whether we're going to pick it up, nor have they given us any firm dates. Can't imagine that it would take a full 3 weeks to prep and ship a car, so I'm guessing that they just don't have the staff available to handle more than a couple of deliveries per day. Hoping that we don't run into the same sorts of problems if we ever need service.
I think you hit the nail on the head. With cars finally coming out of manufacturing, the next natural bottleneck would be delivery. All part of the fun dealing with a start up. Hang on you will love the car.

VIN Assigned 10/13/22!!!

As a reminder for all, my confirmation date was 3/9/2022. Cosmos Silver with Mojave interior.

Can anyone comment on their VIN assignment vs. Delivery of vehicle so I can manage my expectations?

Reactions: Joe
VIN Assigned 10/13/22!!!

As a reminder for all, my confirmation date was 3/9/2022. Cosmos Silver with Mojave interior.

Can anyone comment on their VIN assignment vs. Delivery of vehicle so I can manage my expectations?
Fastest 6 days, slowest 4 weeks. You are probably looking like 10~14 days.

Last edited:
VIN Assigned 10/13/22!!!

Should have been clearer- I got the call with my VIN assignment the same day we were told that the car had left production and was on its way to Millbrae. So since that day (9/27) not a peep from anyone- certainly not anyone in Colorado

Another update- Finally heard from a local DA (I guess? Nobody we've ever dealt with before) Car is headed to Colorado, and will be here... soon? They need to do a local prep and *might* be able to deliver it by Tuesday. But for sure no later than next Saturday the 24th.
They must be going through staff like Kleenex during Covid at the local studio.
Oh... and they said that delivery process shouldn't take more than 30-40 minutes. Ha! (checks notes... checks checklists...)

Fastest 6 days, slowest 4 weeks. You are probably looking like 10~14 days.
My VIN to delivery was Aug 9 to October 5, over 8 weeks. Original car never left the factory. After 6 weeks of waiting they found another vehicle for me. That one took an additional 2 weeks to get to me. Hurricane Ian caused a one week delay in the delivery.

VIN Assigned 10/13/22!!!

Mine was 9/19 VIN picked up 10/11. Although I believe the car was ready the Friday prior (10/7) but I was out of country so couldn’t pick it up. So, give or take, 2.5-3 weeks for me

Yay! Finally got my Zenith Red Tahoe 19" Lucid Air GT!
Got PPF, Ceramic coating, window tinting, and satin black wrap on roof and mirrors.
Loving it so far!

New Lucid-2351-Edit.jpg

Original Confirmation Date: 4 Dec 2021
Changed order from 20" to 19" wheels: 2 Jun 2022
VIN: 16 September 2022
Received Car: 2 Oct 2022

Got PPF, Ceramic coating, window tinting, and satin black wrap on roof and mirrors.
Loving it so far!

View attachment 5484

Beautiful! Congratulations and enjoy!

Loving it so far!

View attachment 5484

congrats. Looks sleek with the black. Enjoy

Loving it so far!

View attachment 5484

Such well composed picture! Love that sea and lighthouse in the backdrop. This picture look so professionally done and motivates me wanting to take more picture of my Air.

Loving it so far!

View attachment 5484

Nice, subtle look, enjoy it in the best of healthw

Confirmed Order: March 30, 2022
VIN: September 26, 2022
Delivery to Home: Oct. 13, 2022

Got my Cosmos Silver AGT yesterday afternoon delivered from Chicago to my house. The DA was amazing and there is nothing about the car that is not phenomenal. No 2.0 so a bit slow to load, but I do not consider it a hardship and look forward to when the update posts for everyone. I am not sure that I can find enough superlatives to describe the experience and the vehicle. There is nothing about it that I do not like. The color is quite distinctive. My frame of reference on new vehicles at or above this price point is probably like that of others on the forum so I trust that you all can relate to my elation. There is zero question that this car exceeds all my expectations by a lot. I have only driven it a few miles, but it is a joy to drive. Might just blow off my strength training to drive in the rain now to nowhere in particular.

I will get it to Craft Detailing Monday for the Opticoat Pro application. The owner there is a perfectionist.

I am happy that Enzo likes his new ride almost as much as I do. I'll post more photos after it stops pouring and I get it detailed.

Attachments

• CF595F73-F200-4B2C-8BF4-506D2292596B.jpeg
    CF595F73-F200-4B2C-8BF4-506D2292596B.jpeg
    7.5 MB · Views: 129
  • CFDBA83D-7CCD-413A-BB93-5CA151630269.jpeg
    CFDBA83D-7CCD-413A-BB93-5CA151630269.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 137
Confirmed Order: March 30, 2022
VIN: September 26, 2022
Delivery to Home: Oct. 13, 2022

Got my Cosmos Silver AGT yesterday afternoon delivered from Chicago to my house. The DA was amazing and there is nothing about the car that is not phenomenal. No 2.0 so a bit slow to load, but I do not consider it a hardship and look forward to when the update posts for everyone. I am not sure that I can find enough superlatives to describe the experience and the vehicle. There is nothing about it that I do not like. The color is quite distinctive. My frame of reference on new vehicles at or above this price point is probably like that of others on the forum so I trust that you all can relate to my elation. There is zero question that this car exceeds all my expectations by a lot. I have only driven it a few miles, but it is a joy to drive. Might just blow off my strength training to drive in the rain now to nowhere in particular.

I will get it to Craft Detailing Monday for the Opticoat Pro application. The owner there is a perfectionist.

I am happy that Enzo likes his new ride almost as much as I do. I'll post more photos after it stops pouring and I get it detailed.
Looks fantastic, enjoy it in the best of health

Confirmed Order: May 17, 2022
VIN: September 23, 2022
Picked up: Oct 12, 2022

Quantum Grey
Santa Cruz
19" Wheels

Originally ordered Cosmos Silver and 20" wheels. Switched both in July to get faster delivery.

Been lurking here for many months and figured it's time I started contributing to the community. I had one of the early Model X's which I just sold with this car being delivered. We also have a Model 3 and previously had a Model S.

So far, love the car. Definitely some software glitches but for those that remember, the early Tesla interface was pretty clunky. The media screen was pretty bad. I was pretty happy with the updates on the X until the most recent UI update which started burying some controls.

I'll start sharing my experiences in the appropriate threads.

Back