Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Got my financing email and asked my DA if I needed to do a thing because I’m paying cash. He called immediately and said VIN was assigned. *559 just got the email confirming. He said it goes to Chicago and then will come to NYC. So does this mean I may actually get the car in the next 2 weeks?
Maybe closer to 4 weeks, but who knows at this point. The good news is, you are closer than you have ever been!

Hmmm, sounds like a nice fall drive/brewery trip might need to be organized, paging @Dortreo and @RichMalden. Dare we start a New England telegram like the Bay Area one? I’m too damn busy with all aspects of my life to add another thing to do but if someone else wants to set it up I’ll jump in.
It takes no time to set up - two button clicks. One to create, one to share a link.

Tracker update:
Delivered on 9/10/2022 :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_20220910_135822.jpg
    IMG_20220910_135822.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 127
RiverWalk Brewing ,,Newburyport MA 😋

I've got a few backroads to try around the Quabbin that also go by a few breweries. And you end up at the Auburn Mall EA chargers, which generally work. I'm definitely up for a weekend drive and meet-up.

Took mine up to Mt Washington (Breton Woods resort) a couple weeks ago and stopped in Boston on the way from Rhode Island, but the Lucid studio wasn’t open yet cuz I left early in the AM. FYI the garage across the street from the institute of contemporary art, which is 2 blocks from the Lucid studio has free level 2 chargers so I added a 100 miles while I went to the museum and had breakfast. If you can, drive as much of route 302 through the NH mountains if it’s not too far out of your way. You’re gonna flip that visor to the left and love the Mountain View through the glass canopy and swift/sprint mode hoooo boy!
Yep, I plan to make it up to the Kancamagus Hwy within a couple weeks to see the foliage change... on a weekday!

I picked up my AGT this afternoon as scheduled. A car picked me up at home and dropped me off at the Suidio; my car was parked in the garage across the street. Gianni, the Boston Studio Manager drew the short straw, but in spite of that she gave me an EXCELLENT extended orientation. No rush, plenty of patience and a great sense of humor. There were five other Lucids covered in the garage - 3 waiting for MA registration and two more for delivery next week. The car was perfect and the Zenith Red was the right choice for me. There was no rush while I checked out all the settings. It took several tries for the facial recognition to work, and the navigation seemed confused (probably because we were underground in the garage) and kept thinking we were in Springfield, MA, so we drove around the block a time or two till it remembered where it was. I was gratified by the waypoints (easy to set up to customize my route home and avoid the Mass Pike) and the Navigation worked great. The positioning of the cameras when the blinkers are turned on is great. Only one item to be completed by the Mobile Service - although I had a front plate, no one had attached it to the front bumper. The ACC worked great on I-95. I had stopped using that completely on my Tesla due to the scary phantom breaking. The only issue I need to get used to is how the wheel pulls if I get too close to one of the lane lines. One instance of someone getting too close because they were curious, and a Lamborghini in Boston appeared to have an inferiority complex, because he cut me off several times. I was in no rush. Huge thanks again to my DA, Ted, for finding me this car early and Gianni and her team for their attention to detail and great attitudes.

If you MA/RI folks get a group together, do you think NH and Maine (& VT?) folks would be welcome? I hope every else is as fortunate on their deliveries as I was. Looks like a great day for a drive tomorrow! (Will post a "Proof of Life" picture tomorrow when the it's light outside! She's tucked up in the garage and charging for the night.)

He told me he thinks I could have it before October!
So... I was told that my car would be delivered by the end of 2021, and it was! 12/31/2021 at 4:00PM. 😄 ;)

I've got a few backroads to try around the Quabbin that also go by a few breweries. And you end up at the Auburn Mall EA chargers, which generally work. I'm definitely up for a weekend drive and meet-up.
Ooh, memory lane, I went to WPI and used to enjoy bicycling up to the Quabbin reservoir.

PROOF OF LIFE...
Went to the grocery this morning, and I got several "what is that?" events. Several comments on the style and paint scheme. Alexa is hit or miss sometimes, but once she gets going it seems to be fine. The one exception is that she will not recognize my home address, so I put in my Town Hall a couple miles away and she has no issues. I set an "Easy Entry" profile with the seat further back and a bit down, and I hit that before I open the door to exit - fewer issues hitting my head (I am not tall) getting in and out now. ChargePoint wall unit worked flawlessly overnight.

Attachments

• Dorothy-1.jpg
    Dorothy-1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 131
  • Dorothy-2.jpg
    Dorothy-2.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 125
  • Dorothy-3.jpg
    Dorothy-3.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 119
Got my documents to sign and found they used the wrong sales tax rate! They quick fixed the error. Read and verify everything. My actual sales tax is 2.75% less than what they initially used. Big difference.

Got my documents to sign and found they used the wrong sales tax rate! They quick fixed the error. Read and verify everything. My actual sales tax is 2.75% less than what they initially used. Big difference.
what was your timeframe from your DA telling you the car has shipped from the factory to when PDI was completed at Scottsdale / delivery ready?

These calculations should be automated at this point. Electronic sales tax tables by jurisdiction are readily available, so they more likely miskeyed your address (I hope they are not manually entering your tax rate).

These calculations should be automated at this point. Electronic sales tax tables by jurisdiction are readily available, so they more likely miskeyed your address (I hope they are not manually entering your tax rate).
I agree. My 5 digit zip code is both in the city and the county. The 9 digit zip is what to use. I’m not sure what they did, but it got fixed in an hour.

what was your timeframe from your DA telling you the car has shipped from the factory to when PDI was completed at Scottsdale / delivery ready?
PDI not complete as far as I know. Told a week ago it was shipped to Scottsdale. Got the request to pay a few days ago. I’m flying back from Cape Town tomorrow. As soon as they schedule a delivery date, I will pay. Great comms from new DA.

,,ń 449-3552
PROOF OF LIFE...
Went to the grocery this morning, and I got several "what is that?" events. Several comments on the style and paint scheme. Alexa is hit or miss sometimes, but once she gets going it seems to be fine. The one exception is that she will not recognize my home address, so I put in my Town Hall a couple miles away and she has no issues. I set an "Easy Entry" profile with the seat further back and a bit down, and I hit that before I open the door to exit - fewer issues hitting my head (I am not tall) getting in and out now. ChargePoint wall unit worked flawlessly overnight.
Probably better to not actually out in your home address anyways. Congrats!

PROOF OF LIFE...
Looks great, almost time for some fall foliage drives

PDI not complete as far as I know. Told a week ago it was shipped to Scottsdale. Got the request to pay a few days ago. I’m flying back from Cape Town tomorrow. As soon as they schedule a delivery date, I will pay. Great comms from new DA.
Congrats...Scottsdale currently has about 20 sitting there. They were all out front yesterday. Not sure if they had all gone through PDI, but you might try calling the service center (or maybe wait until you're back from Cape Town) if you haven't heard anything.

Reactions: NPN
Back