Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Thanks. I hope so. My DA said he thought baring a major set back I would get it this year which is all I care about.

Well, well, well -- just got THE CALL from my DA saying the car has been manufactured and should be delivered in 2 weeks.

Two weeks? It still has to go to Chicago for inspection, etc so I am guessing closer to 4, but he was adamant about 2 weeks "being the current estimate". Fantastic if true!

After a long wait, one step closer to delivery! Now for the VIN to show up in email....

Well, well, well -- just got THE CALL from my DA saying the car has been manufactured and should be delivered in 2 weeks.

Two weeks? It still has to go to Chicago for inspection, etc so I am guessing closer to 4, but he was adamant about 2 weeks "being the current estimate". Fantastic if true!

After a long wait, one step closer to delivery! Now for the VIN to show up in email....
Interesting ... you got a 'delivery date' but no VIN?

PSA: if you are doing a loan, ask them get the purchase dox (docusign) asap and start that process. Banks will need a firm PO before they can start their work. The portal PO is no use to the banks. (Atleast in my case.)

Lucid is known (personal experience) for dragging their feet on delivery.

G'luck.

Interesting ... you got a 'delivery date' but no VIN?

PSA: if you are doing a loan, ask them get the purchase dox (docusign) asap and start that process. Banks will need a firm PO before they can start their work. The portal PO is no use to the banks. (Atleast in my case.)

Lucid is known (personal experience) for dragging their feet on delivery.

G'luck.
Great tip on the docs, thanks! -- I'll get that going as soon as possible....

Oh man! It's a RED RUN!!!! Bring back the blacks!

(congrats all. I'm just jealous!)

just received email offering finance or lease. confirmation date 3/29 agt qgm 19 inch. five months to the day. What is your experiance, finance offer to vin/delivery? I am paying cash.

gerry

just received email offering finance or lease. confirmation date 3/29 agt qgm 19 inch. five months to the day. What is your experiance, finance offer to vin/delivery? I am paying cash.

gerry
Finance email received 23 Aug, call from DA claiming two week delivery 29 Aug in my case

gerry
White/Tahaoe/21"
VIN assigned 1st week of July
Portal finance offer was immly or soon after. Within days if I remember
AZ > SEA shipment end of July*
Delivery SEA SC mid August**
* Trasnporters were not as frequent as now a month back. And they needed to load up the haulers. Hence that delay
** Car damaged (rear glass) during transport, needing additional 2 weeks of TLC.

I don't think anyone here can nail down the exact delivery dates. All will share a window that can range from a couple of days to several weeks.

As ever, YMMV. G'luck.

P.S: Not to go off topic: As others have wrote repeatedly, the car is an absolute fun one to drive. Significantly better than MSLR. Hang in there. Its worth it. All of us went thru' what you are going thru'. :) .. Consider it as part of the initiation to the Lucid club. :)

Cheers.

things are looking up if delivery time line is that quick. Not issuing vins until production and inspection completed to reduce gripping about delays?

My car went from VIN 8/10 to ready to ship 8/16 to delivered 8/26, also through Chicago to Mass. so it is possible.

but I don’t know why they can’t or won’t tell you the VIN

Sounds like your DA dropped the ball on notifying you about your VIN assignment. If your car has completed assembly, then a VIN was assigned at least 2 weeks ago. You may have gotten a cancelation. I am sure you don't care one way or the other!

My car went from VIN 8/10 to ready to ship 8/16 to delivered 8/26, also through Chicago to Mass. so it is possible.

but I don’t know why they can’t or won’t tell you the VIN
Now that's a quick timeline!

Wtf. I have the exact same configuration confirmed before you and I have no VIN. And I’m paying cash.
Confirmed Zenith Red, Mojave, 19" wheels on 4/19/22. Got my VIN 8/26.
I am trying to change to Tahoe which may delay delivery a bit which at this point in time, I really do not care much anymore. I just want to get the config that I really want.
Did anyone lease their car from Lucid/BofA? The numbers do not make sense to me.
Their delivery process is so messed up.. There is not a certain pattern you can follow on who gets when and what.. From Order date to Confirmation Date to VIN assignment to Delivery , it's anyone's guess. I was told by my DA that I cannot change from Mojave to Tahoe because my car has almost "completed production" (whatever that means). She's telling me to expect delivery in 1 to 3 weeks....
To see is to believe.

Their delivery process is so messed up.. There is not a certain pattern you can follow on who gets when and what.. From Order date to Confirmation Date to VIN assignment to Delivery , it's anyone's guess. I was told by my DA that I cannot change from Mojave to Tahoe because my car has almost "completed production" (whatever that means). She's telling me to expect delivery in 1 to 3 weeks....
To see is to believe.
I have been waiting for delivery or at least an estimate of when delivery may take place. It has only been about a week and a half since my DA confirmed that the car was finished, so very early in the process.
I gave them my preferences ( as I have a week off soon that would be ideal ), but thus far have not heard anything. I guess logistics are probably very complicated , so I will practice patience.😊😊😊😊. I guess my point is ; it’s really hard to estimate how long delivery will truly take.

Stuff is starting to get real, I got a phone call late this afternoon from my DA announcing that he was going to be e-mailing me a VIN, he also explained the delay in the build process was doing the PDI before the car leaves the factory, he also said the car was in the final stages of assembly with the interior bits and pieces being installed. The VIN was e-mailed as soon as we wrapped up the phone conversation.

gerry
Finance email on 7/21, Luci at Torrance Service Center 7/28, Final adoption on 8/3.

I have always loved Blackwing pencils. I am part of the 1% who do. [Full disclosure: I am paid to play with Magic Markers for a living.]

I received two shipments of a dozen pencils [about two weeks apart] some months ago. I now have enough to last my lifetime while I await my VIN [order confirmed March 9]. I also appreciate the sketch that accompanied the pencils and understand the thought behind the sending the pencils.

The gesture was a gift and I am not put-off by it but to Akula's point, unfortunately I too am a fan rather than a customer. That is only off-putting given the lack of any communication to me about the delay of game.

For what it is worth, I received a beautiful carbon fiber fountain pen from a German car maker after the delivery of their automobile. [It took nine months to deliver - but there was communication along the way.] The dried-up ink right out of the box rendered the otherwise beautiful pen just a nice gesture as well. I think LUCID wins this gift comparison as the Blackwings are functional out of the box for their intended purpose.

Holding my breath that I will be one of the lucky ones who will end up with an auto that functions as intended. In the meantime I am happy to sit back and doodle with a pencil while I wait for that to occur.
I guess I’m more critical than most because I run a corporate gifting company (a platform really, but we make some amazing products) and I see how other companies handle this type of stuff. We see the kind of effect it has and let me tell you, it’s a giant missed opportunity for Lucid. I’m going to have our designers design and make a new box and card, put the pencils in the box and send it back to them so they can see how it should have been done 😀

I guess I’m more critical than most because I run a corporate gifting company (a platform really, but we make some amazing products) and I see how other companies handle this type of stuff. We see the kind of effect it has and let me tell you, it’s a giant missed opportunity for Lucid. I’m going to have our designers design and make a new box and card, put the pencils in the box and send it back to them so they can see how it should have been done 😀
The pencils came in a box with a card!

Back