Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

I also was getting very concerned reading this forum and almost considered canceling my order. I am glad I did not. The car is fantastic. Minor software glitches but not dissimilar to any of my prior Porsches, Audis, etc. Forums/reviews often focus on all the bad stuff. Take it with a grain of salt. JMO.
Thanks. I am sticking with it. The occasional panic attacks will pass.

You confirmed your order in June and received a VIN today? You must be a powerful individual.
He ordered black, Santa Cruz. It might be he got lucky for to get bundled in a common batch into assembly queue, or assembly line is picking up higher speed than May and June.

No problem. I went through multiple panic attacks over the past 8 months since I confirmed the order. While this forum is very helpful with understanding and using the car it can also be anxiety provoking when reading about all of the issues people have experienced as well. There is definitely a bias towards reporting problems vs all of the good things with the car. Definitely it is a pleasure to drive and absolutely stunning in person. The software issues are an occasional annoyance but will be fixed. Good luck.

I have been considering canceling my order. I still have no VIN.
I understand the sentiment. Looks like you confirmed order in March. It took me just shy of eight months to receive my car from confirmation date. While it appears that the process is speeding up, you probably won't get the car for a couple months unless you get a car from someone who cancelled. Having driven the car now, I am glad I did not cancel my order as it is a fantastic car to drive. Only you can decide if it is worth it to wait or see what other options are out there for you.

I was feeling the panic too last week because this will be my last car (old fart), but have slowly gained my confidence back when I compare other ev's, their price and performance, looks, range, etc. The latest info from the media event talks about upgrading the software, which is my greatest concern, and with an immnent ota coming, I look forward to hearing from current owners reviews and opinions that will help keep us on track.

I hope so. I hear zero from my DA. You would think they’d pop in every several weeks just to say, hey, still working on your car and the company is going some really great things…

He ordered black, Santa Cruz. It might be he got lucky for to get bundled in a common batch into assembly queue, or assembly line is picking up higher speed than May and June.
that is my thinking as well. I looked at the tracker for Black and saw others receiving VINs this week

No problem. I went through multiple panic attacks over the past 8 months since I confirmed the order. While this forum is very helpful with understanding and using the car it can also be anxiety provoking when reading about all of the issues people have experienced as well. There is definitely a bias towards reporting problems vs all of the good things with the car. Definitely it is a pleasure to drive and absolutely stunning in person. The software issues are an occasional annoyance but will be fixed. Good luck.
Thanks!! Glad you are enjoying it.

I hope so. I hear zero from my DA. You would think they’d pop in every several weeks just to say, hey, still working on your car and the company is going some really great things…
My car seems terribly delayed. Confirmed in December, didn’t get VIN until May 26.
Called last week to try to obtain information, but none could be provided ( not blaming DA, just the way it is ). On this forum anyway, I am the last one standing for red cars confirmed in December.

It is a frustrating process , but the complexity of all this is real , so I am trying to be understanding.

I hope you hear something soon.🤞🤞🤞🤞

that is my thinking as well. I looked at the tracker for Black and saw others receiving VINs this week
All luck!

Go buy a lottery! 😃

I have been considering canceling my order. I still have no VIN.
If you confirmed in March, I would imagine it’s imminent . The delay sucks , but I am hoping it will all be water under the bridge for those that experience it.

Last edited:
My car seems terribly delayed. Confirmed in December, didn’t get VIN until May 26.
Called last week to try to obtain information, but none could be provided ( not blaming DA, just the way it is ). On this forum anyway, I am the last one standing for red cars confirmed in December.

It is a frustrating process , but the complexity of all this is real , so I am trying to be understanding.

I hope you hear something soon.🤞🤞🤞🤞
Why is yours delayed that long and other reds after you have been delivered?

Back