Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

No, sadly. Had a talk with the DA on Tuesday. Couldn't tell me anything more than 'the car is in production'.

I kept prodding to see if he would tip a July or even August delivery but he held onto the no update update stance.

Assured me that as soon as the VIN was available, he would contact me and make arrangements for payment. I told him we'll talk about payment when you have an actual delivery date (based on what I have seen in the forum). He kept saying "we can't deliver your car without payment". Understood, all that I am saying is I am not going to pay for a car that will show up 'someday'...

That is weird, Dot. Shouldn’t there be a VIN if your car is in production? Why would delivery be a part of the conversation when there is no VIN?

My DA was careful to point out that a VIN assignment should NOT be the start of financing, insurance, or any other later-stage activity on my end. And that caution makes perfect sense — the data on this board suggests a VIN assignment puts you roughly two months out from delivery (unless you are scooping up a canceled order)!

Bears video today:

july-15-lucid-plant-lot.jpg

Unless something has changed, I did not pay for car until it was at Costa Mesa and cleared PDI. That was April though so maybe change? But I agreed with your sentiment at the time of no car, no money. Was not pressed to process payment before arrival though.
Same. Mine was in Costa Mesa and finished inspection before I was sent paperwork request to pay.

It is real!!!
Scheduled to deliver Monday.

C3DDCABE-3352-44AD-B109-2E9B65C7FB20.jpeg

Question on the Grand Touring:

Horsepower is the same for smooth and swift( both 536).

Torque is 620 smooth and 645 swift.

Since the numbers are so close together, what is the difference between driving in smooth vs swift. Why not just have smooth and Sprint since the smooth and swift appear to have little difference between them..

Unless of course there is a difference in suspension settings between smooth and swift.?? or change in other settings??

My original reservation was August 26, 2021.
I confirmed my order for a Zenith Red / Santa Cruz GT on December 4, 2021.
I chose 20" wheels at that time I was told they'd be available Q2 2022.
After seeing a car with Santa Cruz interior and its white carpets I changed the order to Tahoe interior on March 18, 2022.
After test driving Lucid Air GT with 19" wheels, I changed my order to 19" on June 2, 2022 (20" had been delayed to at least Q4).
A recent email from my DA said new timing expectation is 2-3 months for general assembly to commence on my vehicle.
Then up to 8 weeks to leave the factory once production starts.
That news was extremely disappointing.
Oh well.

I suspect it’s software issues that would drive owners to sell the car so quickly as based on what I’m reading here the bugs impact daily functionality. I’m sure some people have a low tolerance for that. I noticed Jon Rettinger is selling his and keeping his Rivian. I will admit I have cooled slightly on the Air considering the issues mentioned here.
I like driving my DE but the poor UI design, bad software and no official word from Lucid management as to when the software will be fixed are wearing my patience thin. And while I have not had any major hardware issues yet, I have had a string of little things that needed repair. If I get one of the other EVs that I have on order and it seem more "complete", I will sell my Lucid and move on.

Relatively new on the forum and in the waiting game. What timeframe do you think I can expect for delivery? Chose Delivery in Scottsdale - confirmed 6/19. Zenith red/ Santa Cruz/21’s;

I like driving my DE but the poor UI design, bad software and no official word from Lucid management as to when the software will be fixed are wearing my patience thin. And while I have not had any major hardware issues yet, I have had a string of little things that needed repair. If I get one of the other EVs that I have on order and it seem more "complete", I will sell my Lucid and move on.
The software issues are frustrating, I imagine? My biggest concern.

Relatively new on the forum and in the waiting game. What timeframe do you think I can expect for delivery? Chose Delivery in Scottsdale - confirmed 6/19. Zenith red/ Santa Cruz/21’s;
I'm entering the pool and submit 4 Oct delivery date

I would have thought getting the car would be concern number 1?
I have no idea when I will get the car. But that won’t matter too much over time, if the software glitches drive me bonkers. I admit, I do not have as much patience with those issues as I should. I definitely need to work on that .

Last edited:
Relatively new on the forum and in the waiting game. What timeframe do you think I can expect for delivery? Chose Delivery in Scottsdale - confirmed 6/19. Zenith red/ Santa Cruz/21’s;p
They have been saying up to 5 months after confirmation, so by Thanksgiving. Perhaps you will get lucky and see it before Halloween.

There was a video interview with Rawlinson where he stated the software wasn't where it should be and he promised it would be vastly better by year end. We'll see. He also didn't make specific statements about what improvements, just that Lucid was aware of it being a weak point and it was an area of emphasis.

There was a video interview with Rawlinson where he stated the software wasn't where it should be and he promised it would be vastly better by year end. We'll see. He also didn't make specific statements about what improvements, just that Lucid was aware of it being a weak point and it was an area of emphasis.
Very happy to hear that.

Back