Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Confirmation DateColorInteriorUserVIN AssignmentDelivery Date
January 5, 2022BlackMojave@lawtechMay 10, 2022
DELIVERY - JULY 12, 2022
They have shaved 1-2 weeks off from VIN to Delivery!

For some…
I feel for you. It’s frustrating. To have delivery snatched away just 24 hours before it was to happen is the worst.

That must certainly be frustrating. But then, look on the bright side. You’re finally getting your car.

I would be delighted if my rep called me out of the blue to say my silver AGT was ready. I was prepared for Q3 availability due to my color choice, but there are now rumors of Q4 and I was just informed that Victoria will be replacing Leo as my new rep. He hadn’t mentioned leaving the company, but also hadn’t responded to my last few emails. I emailed Victoria with a question or two but she hasn’t responded either.

I agree with previous posts…if you can’t give out certain info, then don’t. But at least have the courtesy of replying.

Ok, deep breath….better!
Leo apparently left the company for another opportunity. What was strange is that we didn't receive any notice that this was happening and Leo (who wasn't very responsive in the first place) completely stopped responding (I could usually get him on the phone after a 2nd try). I went back to my SA and they told me about Victoria being my new DA and she has been pretty responsive thus far. But I'm still waiting for VIN assignment on my Quantum Grey/ Tahoe Interior/ 21” Aero Blade .

Leo apparently left the company for another opportunity. What was strange is that we didn't receive any notice that this was happening and Leo (who wasn't very responsive in the first place) completely stopped responding (I could usually get him on the phone after a 2nd try). I went back to my SA and they told me about Victoria being my new DA and she has been pretty responsive thus far. But I'm still waiting for VIN assignment on my Quantum Grey/ Tahoe Interior/ 21” Aero Blade .
Leo left over a month ago, I had to reach out to be assigned a new DA. Leo is still a Lucid fan btw.

Well, looks like I might be getting my money back. They are still diagnosing the problem and have no estimate when the car might be fixed and ready for delivery. It's not that I need the money back, but what motivation do they have to make my vehicle a priority if they are sitting on the funds? I am really at a low point with my confidence in Lucid given the circumstances. I loved my test drive and agree that the drive will be great, but if they can't deliver.....I can't drive.

If they cannot fix the problem by the end of today and provide some insight into delivery, I will be requesting my money back until such time as they can deliver an issue-free car. They have had it long enough to deliver a car that has no issues that I might find at delivery. I knew things were not good what I received an email from my DA asking me if I had time to talk this afternoon.

Well, looks like I might be getting my money back. They are still diagnosing the problem and have no estimate when the car might be fixed and ready for delivery. It's not that I need the money back, but what motivation do they have to make my vehicle a priority if they are sitting on the funds? I am really at a low point with my confidence in Lucid given the circumstances. I loved my test drive and agree that the drive will be great, but if they can't deliver.....I can't drive.

If they cannot fix the problem by the end of today and provide some insight into delivery, I will be requesting my money back until such time as they can deliver an issue-free car. They have had it long enough to deliver a car that has no issues that I might find at delivery. I knew things were not good what I received an email from my DA asking me if I had time to talk this afternoon.
Oh no -I am so so so sorry.

What are the implications for the rest of us? Even with "enhanced PDI" they can not deliver a car that works. What's next "ultra enhanced PDI" ? I thought this was supposed to be factory corrected in those new tents.

Not really sure we can make any conclusions in that respect as we do not know what the PDI entails, nor do we know what PDI items are performed at Casa Grande vs the Service Center. I would have thought something as essential as charging the car might have been checked in both locations... What is really troublesome though is that they have been diagnosing the issue for this long and still don't have an answer. It does not inspire confidence in product quality. My focus will be what they finally discover the issue to be and how they had to make the repair/remediation. For example, if they have to swap out the Wunderbox, or whatever it is called, what is involved in doing this and what other quality issues might present themselves as a result of the procedures followed to make therepair? We'll see.

Last edited:

So very sorry. Hopefully you will have an answer promptly .

Not really sure we can make any conclusions in that respect as we do not know what the PDI entails, nor do we know what PDI items are performed at Casa Grande vs the Service Center. I would have thought something as essential as charging the car might have been checked in both locations... What is really troublesome though is that they have been diagnosing the issue for this long and still don't have an answer. It does not inspire confidence in product quality. My focus will be what they finally discover the issue to be and how they had to make the repair/remediation. For example, if they have to swap out the Wunderbox, or whatever it is called, what is involved in doing this and what other quality issues might present themselves as a result of the procedures followed to make therepair? We'll see.
I’m hoping it is just a software glitch.

Sorry to hear about your car. You have been royally screwed by Lucid. It is clear their PDI process is a failure in your case because they should have found your problems at the factory as major as this is. If I were you, I would demand:
1. a new battery pack
2. a new Wunderbox
3. a new drivetrain, including the inverter
You don't know how much damage the defect may have caused and to what parts. And you can tell them to study the problem on their own time with the replaced defective parts. That way you can get your car knowing the new parts are good, assuming they check them out before installing them in your car "shell". It's not like they have never replaced a battery pack, Wunderbox and drivetrain including inverter, although likely not all on one car. Good luck!!

Based off how they did production before, the charge test is performed before PDI, so something happened in between

Based off how they did production before, the charge test is performed before PDI, so something happened in between
Exactly. It’s entirely possible the charging was working fine when checked at the factory, and then stopped working when they tried to charge it up for delivery.

I would not assume they didn’t check it at the factory.

Leo left over a month ago, I had to reach out to be assigned a new DA. Leo is still a Lucid fan btw.
Yup, over a month ago is right. Still a very poor transitioning process. BTW, I think that my details need to be added to the tracking list as I'm a brand new member. Thanks.im advance!

@DinoJuiceFree what did you order? GT color interior/exterior, order date, etc.
Sorry, I thought that you could still see the bottom of the previous message in the reply. Confirmed my Quantum Grey/ Tahoe Interior/ 21” Aero Blade on 04/26/22. Also, I got invited to confirm back on 08/10/2021 and kept dragging my feet until; I saw it in person in Meat Packing...I really regret that.

Back