Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Cosmos Silver deliveries are now projected for Q4. Color harmonization delays with suppliers.
Website still says Q3, @victoryroad - did you get this information from someone at Lucid?

Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 6.15.29 PM.png

Did you receive an email?
My DA called me this afternoon and said that I was on his list to contact about the delay but that I would get an email. I am not surprised and trust that it will be delivered in 2022.

My DA called me this afternoon and said that I was on his list to contact about the delay but that I would get an email. I am not surprised and trust that it will be delivered in 2022.
That totally sucks. Sorry to hear.

But if they are not making Silver cars, what WILL they be making? How many non-Silver GTs could be left at this point? A couple thousand? It's three months from Q4.

What the hell do you expect her to say, we just upped our low quality standards? The negatively on this forum is deafening!!
Sorry Jim but I wasn’t being negative. I was merely reposting her reply for folks. Overall I agree with everyone that has Jess - she’s very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the whole PDI process changed, not only the details of the process, but also where the procedures are performed. I believe Lucid recognized that it wasn't really the best idea to have the bulk of those inspections performed at the Service Centers prior to final delivery and shifted many of the procedures (as well as augmenting same) to Casa Grande where the resources and parts access might be better. I think the whole process was overhauled to yield not only a better final result, but one that was more efficient in the longer term. There is more than one way to get from point A to point B and they had to make that transition. I look at it as an evolution and I would expect that we might see even more changes in the future as they learn and adapt.
It was never a smart idea to move such an exhaustive process off to the Service Centers so definitely good to hear they moved it to the factory. Service Centers should’ve always been just checking for damage in transit and detailing to avoid cars building up.

Estimates are around 4,000 GT’s left to be made….
I ordered mine on July 1st, 2022. Delivery expected within 2-5 months. Where did you get these numbers from?

I picked up my Lucid Grand Touring in Grey with Mohave interior today. The wait is over. Issues so far i have noticed with the car, they had a hell of a time getting my phone to sync up but finally worked. On the way home, I was trying to play the radio/stream and it doesnt work. The display shows the music playing but nothing comes out of the speakers... same with the phone, it dials and connects but nothing can be heard thru the speakers... anyone if there is a reset for it somewhere? I called to report the problem but since it was after hours, they are going to hopefully trouble shoot it tomorrow.

Got my VIN today.

17th Nov 2021 = Ready to Order Invite
2nd Jun 2022 = Order Placed (Cosmos Silver, Tahoe, 21")
6th Jul 2022 = VIN assigned (White, Tahoe,, 21")

Had let my DA know I was flexible on the colors & they called me last week about a canceled reservation & if I would be interested in a white exterior. I jumped on it and said yes.

Now, fingers x'ed, hope I get to pick it up by EOM.

I picked up my Lucid Grand Touring in Grey with Mohave interior today. The wait is over.

Congrats! Could you post some pics when you have time? I would love to see the Mohave interior !

I picked up my Lucid Grand Touring in Grey with Mohave interior today. The wait is over. Issues so far i have noticed with the car, they had a hell of a time getting my phone to sync up but finally worked. On the way home, I was trying to play the radio/stream and it doesnt work. The display shows the music playing but nothing comes out of the speakers... same with the phone, it dials and connects but nothing can be heard thru the speakers... anyone if there is a reset for it somewhere? I called to report the problem but since it was after hours, they are going to hopefully trouble shoot it tomorrow.
@abbas2099 when did you confirm, get the vin and i guess you picked up on July 6th?

If nothing works - radio or bluetooth - I'd try a reboot. I had an issue where the AM/FM worked, but nothing else, and it had to go in for a part.

If nothing works - radio or bluetooth - I'd try a reboot. I had an issue where the AM/FM worked, but nothing else, and it had to go in for a part.
Ditto that, car worked fine then after one of the the updates, the media module broke and had to be replaced. Same issue with no streaming, am/fm. Volume also stopped working all together, but it seems like your car control volume is working?

That totally sucks. Sorry to hear.

But if they are not making Silver cars, what WILL they be making? How many non-Silver GTs could be left at this point? A couple thousand? It's three months from Q4.
Cannot answer your question, but my DA told me that I could change my exterior color and take delivery sooner than Q4. I think that I will stay with silver and wait. I did not expect delivery before Sept anyway, so another two or three months are no big deal for me.

I can’t help but wonder…when they discovered the Grey paint wasn’t “harmonizing”, did they not think to immediately test the Silver paint and take steps to correct it?!

<sigh>

I can’t help but wonder…when they discovered the Grey paint wasn’t “harmonizing”, did they not think to immediately test the Silver paint and take steps to correct it?!

<sigh>
I think they had bigger problems with the “fit and finish” issues happening at the same time. Grey and Red are the two most popular colors so they had to get the Grey done Or they couldn’t produce over 1/3 of their orders. I think they envisioned doing silver harmonization right after the Grey,, and producing it by now, but the proverbial s**t hit the fan in April and May. It was right at the time the Grey harmonization was complete that the “fit and finish” issues derailed the factory. Now that those problems are presumably behind them, they can get back to silver harmonization, but they lost a about three months along the way.

Back