Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

I am expecting totals through the end of Q2 to be about 1,550 to 1,850 but I think many are expecting over 2,000 delivered.

I am expecting totals through the end of Q2 to be about 1,550 to 1,850 but I think many are expecting over 2,000 delivered.
I'd be very surprised if they achieved over 2,000 and would expect it to be more in line with your lower number of around 1,500. It will be very telling when the earnings call is scheduled. If they leave it to the last moment possible then they're going to compensate with low Q2 numbers with all the cars produced this quarter and throw that number in as well. It does seem they've ramped up more so if those cars start moving to the bottom lot and a steady flow keeps coming Q3 could show some positive news.

At this stage of the game, I would also expect a revision of the yearly estimates because at 7 months into the year Lucid should know what they're going to be able to achieve by year end

On the bright side, quality will improve as more cars are built. I’m in no hurry so I hope mine takes a while to get built.
I think you can ask for your car to be delayed if it gives you some extra peace of mind. I did this by spec'ing 20" wheels, but changed back to 19's when production stopped briefly and it looked like my car would arrive later anyway with safe-but-dull 19's.

I think you can ask for your car to be delayed if it gives you some extra peace of mind. I did this by spec'ing 20" wheels, but changed back to 19's when production stopped briefly and it looked like my car would arrive later anyway with safe-but-dull 19's.
A while back I asked that my car be delayed until spring 2023, because I thought it unlikely that I would receive it this summer and I did not wish to receive the car at the start of winter here. They flat out said no.
I did receive my VIN about 6 weeks ago and haven’t heard a thing.
On a different note, I reached out to Jess yesterday and have not received a reply ( which seems a bit out of character for her). Of course, everyone gets busy or takes vacation !!!😊😊😊. Someone here did mention that they now had a different DA than Jess. Does anyone know if there have been additional changes with DAs? Just wondering.

Based on what data? Only 1117 were in the recall as of 5/25 and of those recalled only 785 were manufactured in 2022. Did they make 1000 in June plus 1 week in May?

Zenith Red; Tahoe; 19"
Ordered - 10/29/2021
Confirmed - 5/13/2022
VIN assigned - 6/15/2022 - Canceled order
DA told me that its been handed over to Logistics and I can expect it by 7/30 to arrive in Short Hills, NJ.

A while back I asked that my car be delayed until spring 2023, because I thought it unlikely that I would receive it this summer and I did not wish to receive the car at the start of winter here. They flat out said no.
I did receive my VIN about 6 weeks ago and haven’t heard a thing.
On a different note, I reached out to Jess yesterday and have not received a reply ( which seems a bit out of character for her). Of course, everyone gets busy or takes vacation !!!😊😊😊. Someone here did mention that they now had a different DA than Jess. Does anyone know if there have been additional changes with DAs? Just wondering.
Never mind, just heard from Jess!!

Zenith Red; Tahoe; 19"
Ordered - 10/29/2021
Confirmed - 5/13/2022
VIN assigned - 6/15/2022 - Canceled order
DA told me that its been handed over to Logistics and I can expect it by 7/30 to arrive in Short Hills, NJ.
Wow I ordered the exact same config and confirmed 5 days after you. Maybe I’ll get some good news soon.

Wow I ordered the exact same config and confirmed 5 days after you. Maybe I’ll get some good news soon.
Don't hold your breath. I confirmed three weeks before and am still waiting for my VIN.......🥲

Don't hold your breath. I confirmed three weeks before and am still waiting for my VIN.......🥲
I confirmed 1 1/2 months earlier than that, so you will both hate to wait. Lol

Glad for you to get your car but this information pisses me off to no end. That car has my specs exactly and I reserved/confirmed a few months before you. I don’t understand why you would give a cancelled car to someone who has not been waiting long at all over simply going to the next person in line. I am trying to console myself with the hope that more issues will be resolved by the time I get mine. 🙄. Ok rant and sour grapes over now.
Sorry ... I guess? I truly feel bad for you & I don't know how Lucid works. TBH, I was willing to work with any color combo except red, gold & black. I live in Southern Washington state & maybe, as another member stated, location matters? I'm guessing that's all.
I hope / wish you get your VIN asap as well. Good luck

Folks I have somewhat of a disappointing update -
Took about 3 days to hear back from my DA this time around, after we spoke last about 2 weeks ago. In any case, he had a slightly lengthy conversation with me saying that DAs now are told NOT to give out any timeframes whatsoever since they were rarely meeting them these past couple of months. I found that concerning and told him that that, in all honesty, is a terrible thing to do in my eyes. No updates says to me nobody has a clue about any sort of timeframe and that SOME people with start to cancel and jump ships to other manufacturers. I even told him I had patiently waited 11 months for my Model X before I flipped it to make financial room for a Lucid, and am playing the waiting game again, but that very few people think like me. I suppose all he could say was I shall pass on the message!

Finally!

455 days after ordering….
220 days since confirming….
73 days after the VIN……

Air-iana has been delivered and made it home and you can update the tracker.

one software reset was required during the delivery process, but she drives like a Dream. Smooth, quiet and powerful.

Attachments

• 7F68832A-0BF2-4101-84E3-9BEC624B1EB2.jpeg
    7F68832A-0BF2-4101-84E3-9BEC624B1EB2.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 128
Oh interesting. I wonder if she got tired of me and handed me over to one of her colleagues.
Probably not. I imagine they are always making modifications.

Back