Order to flip or just cancel?

klawans

I put in a $1,000 deposit for the Lucid Air Grand Touring on August 6, 2020 just in case I really liked the car once all the details, options, etc came out. I received an email on November 3rd that it was time to confirm/place my order. I no longer want the car but wondering should I still order/take delivery and flip it (i.e. is there a market to flip the Air Grand Touring?) or just simply cancel the order and get my deposit back.

I put in a $1,000 deposit for the Lucid Air Grand Touring on August 6, 2020 just in case I really liked the car once all the details, options, etc came out. I received an email on November 3rd that it was time to confirm/place my order. I no longer want the car but wondering should I still order/take delivery and flip it (i.e. is there a market to flip the Air Grand Touring?) or just simply cancel the order and get my deposit back.
I'd probably cancel as they are ramping up anyways. Just my 2cents

As @hydbob said, market is becoming saturated and only Dream Editions seem to be selling for their limited edition-ness. Grand Touring is rolling production and will undoubtedly not be worth any premium asked for.

If the GT is rolling off the production lines- why havie I been waiting 2-3 weeks for my car sitting
at the store in Riveria Fl with the CS saying they are waiting for factory to release them to customers/
Whats the hold up?

Cancel now if you are looking to only flip.
cel

If the GT is rolling off the production lines- why havie I been waiting 2-3 weeks for my car sitting
at the store in Riveria Fl with the CS saying they are waiting for factory to release them to customers/
Whats the hold up?

There was a "campaign" (is what they're calling it) for a bolt issue. Which, in essence, was a issue identified to be a few cars that they caught before delivering any cars with this issue in it (preventing a recall). As a result, they halted all deliveries whether the car was ready or not to ensure all cars were properly resolved of this issue. NOTE: The bolt issue is on the manufacturer, not Lucid, though Lucid is responsible for the quality assurance of these parts.

Back