Order now! Prices going up

Oh I just realized I can make TWO Touring reservations. Could invest that $1000 but with today's market my money is safer on multiple Touring reservations lol.
edit: Keeping the old reservation in case it reaches 2023. Now just need confirmation about price locks when upgrading/downgrading after June 1.

Last edited:
Actually with their current confirmation-VIN-delivery timeline, all the 2022 deliveries have been processed since they are still working on November confirmations
But every confirmation so far has been a GT. You think they have 10-14k GT reservations? I strongly doubt that.

My guess is 520 ADE, 2500 AGT, 7500 AT, 20000 AP.
Numbers just feel right.

here is my personal progression for your timeline reference

(Red/Tahoe/21”)
reserved 10/1
confirmed 1/3
VIN 3/24 (was told 4-6 weeks from that pt on)
in my hand 4/13

I thought was slow, but my friends ordered ICE told me are faster than them.

My guess is 520 ADE, 2500 AGT, 7500 AT, 20000 AP.
Numbers just feel right.
I think I saw someone say AGT + AT : AP ratio was around 1:3.5?
521 ADE, 2000 AGT, 4500 AT, 22500 AP. I didnt check their source though.

I think I saw someone say AGT + AT : AP ratio was around 1:3.5?
521 ADE, 2000 AGT, 4500 AT, 22500 AP. I didnt check their source though.
Close enough….

My VIN # is almost xxxxxxx000001800, if assuming they baked them sequentially.

Just got confirmation from Lucid agent that downgrading after May 31 will cause reservation price to become new increased price. Agent said he will check about upgrading.

Could invest that $1000 but with today's market

Haha yeah every time I buy a dip it seems there’s new bottom to be found the day after and the day after thaf. Use the $ to reserve the car, at least you’ll get something you like out if it!

Just got confirmation from Lucid agent that downgrading after May 31 will cause reservation price to become new increased price. Agent said he will check about upgrading.
I was just told that upgrading after May 31st will keep the old pricing on the upgraded model.

Also confirmed with sales that upgrading will keep original prices but downgrading will be hit with price increase. Also she said once you have the order invite you have 30 days to accept but can also still upgrade during that time.

Also confirmed with sales that upgrading will keep original prices but downgrading will be hit with price increase. Also she said once you have the order invite you have 30 days to accept but can also still upgrade during that time.
was told the same thing. I ended up upgrading my original Pure reservation to Touring and placing another Pure reservation to hedge my bets if I wanted to downgrade before committing to the Touring.

I will downgrade my current touring back to pure then reserve a touring end of May. Might reserve a second Pure along with it just to be sure I dont get one in 2022 (for tax reasons)

"All existing reservation holders as of May 31, 2022 in the U.S. and Canada will have an opportunity to order under the original pricing and will have at least 30 days from the date they are invited to place their order. Canadian pricing increases not currently available. "

Agent has updated me that it is in fact 30 days. I asked if he has recommendation so I can delay Touring payment to 2023. I did mention about canceling and doing another reservation end of May but asked if there are other ways. He is very knowledgeable and in the past was able to give me methods to delay but this time it looks like those looking to purchase on 2023 for whatever reason like tax credit will be at the mercy of when we receive the order invite.

"You could cancel your current reservation and make a new one at the end of this month. This would give you a little more time, but there is no guarantee that your invite to order wouldn't be sent to you before the end of the year. It all really depends on when production begins. It's a good idea to keep a reservation so that you will lock in the current prices."

Delay tactics looking like:
1) Have up to 30 days to accept Order Confirmation
2) 2 weeks? (optimist if production ramps up and supply issues are dealt with) to several months to receive VIN
3) 2-6 weeks to pay after VIN assignment, will vary on car's production and "journey"
*Ask to test drive before you can commit?
**If deadline to pay lands close to Christmas holidays, can possibly notify and request additional time from Lucid due to holidays. Tell them you're on vacation?
**Sign a blood contract promising to pay the car on the first day Lucid opens in 2023 with your life as collateral?

tagging as she wants info update @Avesraggiana

edit:
pick grey exterior as that would indefinitely delay the car 😄
Love this - the only source of info on how to DELAY taking delivery of your lucid air 😂😂

Love this - the only source of info on how to DELAY taking delivery of your lucid air 😂😂
I know right 🤣 Everyone's upset about the delays and want their car ASAP but here I am looking for as many ways to delay. If Lucid makes the first Pure according to specs that I want and offers me to be the first to own one, I would actually have to decline lol

I know right 🤣 Everyone's upset about the delays and want their car ASAP but here I am looking for as many ways to delay. If Lucid makes the first Pure according to specs that I want and offers me to be the first to own one, I would actually have to decline lol
At the rate they are going, I doubt anyone is going to take delivery of a Pure this year. Unless they do 1, just to be able to say they did for earnings.

But jut your luck, you'd be that 1, right?

Just downgraded my Touring back to Pure. Told the sales rep my situation and she said I can reserve another Pure by May 31 since if I upgrade old prices should be locked in.

have any of you been able to get that in writing via email or something? (the upgrading keeps old pricing even past the June 1st price increase) i've been getting different answers in person verbally.

have any of you been able to get that in writing via email or something? (the upgrading keeps old pricing even past the June 1st price increase) i've been getting different answers in person verbally.
Yes I have it in writing and sales agents have also told me that upgrading keeps same pricing unless they changed that recently.

Back