Order now! Prices going up

I think as long as it’s in 2022 you’ll get the $7500 tax credit unless Joe Manchin changes his sponsors.
It is $7500 unless and until Manchin and the senate approves a bill. Then it ‘could’ be earlier than 2023. Good bet that nothing will happen and every Lucid buyer will get the $7500 for the next 2-1/2 years.

Reason I want the tax credit to go in my 2023 tax return is because I'm still covering some business losses this year and I likely wont get full $7500 if it goes to 2022 tax. There is no carry over to claim the remaining credit on another tax year.

Jeff Curry from Licid said reservation not confirmation?

I think I will be cancelling my current reservation and place myself back 1 week or even 1 day before June 1. I shouldn't worry about touring forcing us to select DreamDrive Pro right now as they have to confirm with us what we want during order confirmation unless Lucid plans to pull a "sorry any config changes you have to pay the new price" Since I'm upgrading to Touring there's higher chances I could get it in 2022 which I do not want to happen.

Before the price increase announcement a Lucid rep told me I can postpone my order no problem once a confirmation arrives, but now we have to accept within 30 days. Although I wonder if I can postpone delivery and payment until 2023 even if car becomes available in 2022?

edit: just sent them an email through my reservation page asking them what are my options to ensure rate lock but not pay until 2023

Watching. The part about not paying until 2023, that is.

I just got my AGT 3 weeks ago and loving it. My kid is going away college and take my wife’s car. She is asking me for Model Y. I am debating pros and cons of Lucid Pure and Model Y at the moment. One of factors for contemplation is Tesla already bumped their price and may bump again, Lucid has til end of month to bump.
Happy spouse, happy life.

After reading the price-hike announcement, I placed my $300 deposit, and made a reservation for a Lucid Air Pure. Delivery should be sometime in/after Q4 of 2022 - which works for me. I am currently in my Massachusetts property, but expect to take delivery in Florida where I am a legal resident.

Reason I want the tax credit to go in my 2023 tax return is because I'm still covering some business losses this year and I likely wont get full $7500 if it goes to 2022 tax. There is no carry over to claim the remaining credit on another tax year.
If you don’t get an invite to confirm, at the latest, October 1st but perhaps even earlier, you won’t have to pay until 2023 since they won’t have the car available to deliver until that time. If you get an invite in late September, you have a month to confirm and then it is AT LEAST2 months until delivery, so a whole quarter At a minimum.. If they manage to push it out for a delivery notice in late December, just say you are out of town on vacation and can’t do anything until after the first of the year when you are back.

Every day that my car is in the shop I’m going through withdrawals, haha. It really is that good, even with the glitches. I’m also pleasantly surprised my car has appreciated in value since I bought it given the price hikes. What a crazy time we live in.
The moment it was announced to me is ready and scheduled a week to deliver to my house after financial transaction is completed. I told them I would like to go to service center first to touch, feel and examine specs before even go thru processing. My wife and I were extremely pleased when we saw the car while being semi-oriented of its features. I couldn’t sleep well for the next 2 days bc of adrenaline rush; knowing it is at shop while waiting for my turn after they have to deliver to Austin, TX and some Dallas area first. I basically called and told them, just give me the waivers and all the papers on the spot and let me drive out myself instead of delivery when I get the transaction completed.

Then when I got it, I wouldn’t even drive out so much. It is just such attention magnet from German car owners, most car owners on the roads don’t bother, but many MB, Tesla, Porsche and BMW drivers were following me and kept taking picture while I’m driving. I wasn’t sure I like that. I was also afraid to fast charging in EA and and left it there and going into mall wondering if some pricks may scratch my car or smash my window (even in good area of city). I stayed with AGT while fast charging. It is so awesome of the sound system and chair massaging. There is so many ways to tweak the front chairs, aside from lumbar support, it can adjust headrest and even thigh support extension in analog and digital switches. I don’t think Tesla will ever bother these intricacies.

Last edited:
For taxes I assume the date will be based on when I pay or sign financing?
That is what my tax accountant told me, it is when ownership of car is being transfered. Reservation doesnot mean transfer ownership of car.

I stayed with AGT while fast charging. It is so awesome of the sound system and chair massaging. There is so many ways to teeak the front chairs, aside from lumbar support, it can adjust headrest and even leg support extension in analog and digital switches. I don’t think Tesla will ever bother these intricacies.
I may just say inside the car in the garage after delivery with the massage seats on while listening to music :)

I believe it is tax CREDIT, not tax deduction. So there is no carryover like capital gain. Varies on your tax bracket, tax CREDIT weights a lot more than tax deduction.

So are we locked in on base price and options with the options being selected at the time we are allowed to place the order? I was going to refresh my reservation on my Pure which notates I want all wheel drive and the upgraded sound. I wanted to add Dream Drive Pro but now selecting AWD isn't an option, its just bundled in with the RWD .

So are we locked in on base price and options with the options being selected at the time we are allowed to place the order? I was going to refresh my reservation on my Pure which notates I want all wheel drive and the upgraded sound. I wanted to add Dream Drive Pro but now selecting AWD isn't an option, its just bundled in with the RWD .
Yes, I'm wondering the same thing. With the Rivian pricing debacle, after they rolled back original pre-order holders' pricing, you can change options and even between and R1T and R1S and keep the original pricing. It's also not clear if you decide to upgrade from Pure to Touring after June 1, will you be subject to the new pricing? I was thinking of upgrading to the Touring, but after I did the math and adding DD Pro and Sound System to the Pure to make them as close as possible (can't add glass roof), my net monthly payment was going to be almost 2x , remember sales tax will be more on the Touring also deducted what I think I can get for my Tesla Model S (and in wonderful Calif, trade ins don't lower the tax basis --- you pay sales tax on full price ... GRRRR). The increased interest rates are also NOT helping .. I estimated 4% by the time the vehicle can be delivered by end of year (may wind up being even higher). In the end, I decided to stick with my Pure for now and if the "market" changes and I can upgrade to the Touring at the original price, I'll consider it.

I have reservation on AGT, still on the fence if I should confirm it to an order, the price action states I have until Jun30th to keep the $139K price. My other option is Taycan4S spec out at $139-143K. Porsche won't give me the 450mi range (21"), or 800HP or 3s flat. So Lucid AGT at $139K is very compelling to get the range and enormous back seat. Oh. I can adjust AC without going to touchscreen. But at $154K will be hard for me to justify the extra given the startup teething problems. I suppose now Lucid just put a clock on me to decide. If I don't make the plunge before Jun30, I probably won't.

I have reservation on AGT, still on the fence if I should confirm it to an order, the price action states I have until Jun30th to keep the $139K price. My other option is Taycan4S spec out at $139-143K. Porsche won't give me the 450mi range (21"), or 800HP or 3s flat. So Lucid AGT at $139K is very compelling to get the range and enormous back seat. Oh. I can adjust AC without going to touchscreen. But at $154K will be hard for me to justify the extra given the startup teething problems. I suppose now Lucid just put a clock on me to decide. If I don't make the plunge before Jun30, I probably won't.
I think AGT 21” is EPA 476 miles, 819 HP published correction. 😊

I just reserved a Pure as well, I have touring reservation too. If I don’t get Touring this year, I will take bmw i4m50 and wait for pure.

I just reserved a Pure as well, I have touring reservation too. If I don’t get Touring this year, I will take bmw i4m50 and wait for pure.
That's actually a good idea to have reservation for both since it's refundable. If I'm on the fence between Pure and Touring I would also do that especially since we dont have official confirmation if we can keep old prices if upgrading/downgrading trims.

Agreed, better to buy both the Touring and Pure reservation.

Much more flexibility, and at worst case I can get my money back on the reservation I end up not using!

yes to this point.

It depends.. For me it was 5 months from confirmation to VIN. It will be more than a couple of weeks. They give the 2-4 months to delivery, but haven’t met the 2 month timeline which would be the only way to get a VIN within 2 weeks of confirming. It is more likely 4-5 months to delivery from VIN which means it would take at least a couple of months from confirmation to vIN.

You will have 2-6 weeks post VIN for paying, depending on “every car’s individual journey through production” to quote the DAs. They will ask to pay about the time it about ready for pick-up.
Did you reserve last year? Production time would likely be different on Q3/Q4 but times are weird so we never know whats gonna happen.

Did you reserve last year? Production time would likely be different on Q3/Q4 but times are weird so we never know whats gonna happen.
Exactly. The confirmation - VIN - delivery time window has to compress soon. Otherwise, they'd have to send out 9,000+ confirmations before the end of June to hit their delivery estimate.

"All existing reservation holders as of May 31, 2022 in the U.S. and Canada will have an opportunity to order under the original pricing and will have at least 30 days from the date they are invited to place their order. Canadian pricing increases not currently available. "

Agent has updated me that it is in fact 30 days. I asked if he has recommendation so I can delay Touring payment to 2023. I did mention about canceling and doing another reservation end of May but asked if there are other ways. He is very knowledgeable and in the past was able to give me methods to delay but this time it looks like those looking to purchase on 2023 for whatever reason like tax credit will be at the mercy of when we receive the order invite.

"You could cancel your current reservation and make a new one at the end of this month. This would give you a little more time, but there is no guarantee that your invite to order wouldn't be sent to you before the end of the year. It all really depends on when production begins. It's a good idea to keep a reservation so that you will lock in the current prices."

Delay tactics looking like:
1) Have up to 30 days to accept Order Confirmation
2) 2 weeks? (optimist if production ramps up and supply issues are dealt with) to several months to receive VIN
3) 2-6 weeks to pay after VIN assignment, will vary on car's production and "journey"
*Ask to test drive before you can commit?
**If deadline to pay lands close to Christmas holidays, can possibly notify and request additional time from Lucid due to holidays. Tell them you're on vacation?
**Sign a blood contract promising to pay the car on the first day Lucid opens in 2023 with your life as collateral?

tagging as she wants info update @Avesraggiana

edit:
pick grey exterior as that would indefinitely delay the car 😄

Last edited:
Exactly. The confirmation - VIN - delivery time window has to compress soon. Otherwise, they'd have to send out 9,000+ confirmations before the end of June to hit their delivery estimate.
Actually with their current confirmation-VIN-delivery timeline, all the 2022 deliveries have been processed since they are still working on November confirmations

Back