Order now! Prices going up

Looks like options DDpro, surreal sound, tires and paint pricing increasing too.
I should get the included 20" with the Touring and sell/trade at discount with 19"ers. Could help fund ceramic coating 😇

Where do you see that? Web site should not show any price changes until June 1st...
C8FDE95A-8AEA-405F-B0B2-62B55A3307D1.jpeg

I should get the included 20" with the Touring and sell/trade at discount with 19"ers. Could help fund ceramic coating 😇
What’s the price difference and where do you trade tires?

What’s the price difference and where do you trade tires?
Not sure whats the price jump from 19" to 20" but I know 20" to 21" is $1500. Maybe it will be around that price or more once price increases hit. Will probably have to meet up at a tire shop and do the swap there.

I think I will be cancelling my current reservation and place myself back 1 week or even 1 day before June 1. I shouldn't worry about touring forcing us to select DreamDrive Pro right now as they have to confirm with us what we want during order confirmation unless Lucid plans to pull a "sorry any config changes you have to pay the new price" Since I'm upgrading to Touring there's higher chances I could get it in 2022 which I do not want to happen.

Before the price increase announcement a Lucid rep told me I can postpone my order no problem once a confirmation arrives, but now we have to accept within 30 days. Although I wonder if I can postpone delivery and payment until 2023 even if car becomes available in 2022?

edit: just sent them an email through my reservation page asking them what are my options to ensure rate lock but not pay until 2023

Last edited:
@rbbarry Thank you for posting. I wouldve just waited later in the year to possibly change my Pure to Touring but if I did they'd probably quote me higher price. I am still on the fence whether to spend extra. Now I need to decide soon.
I’m now debating as well!

I just got my AGT 3 weeks ago and loving it. My kid is going away college and take my wife’s car. She is asking me for Model Y. I am debating pros and cons of Lucid Pure and Model Y at the moment. One of factors for contemplation is Tesla already bumped their price and may bump again, Lucid has til end of month to bump.

I’m now debating as well!
Have you gotten a chance to see it in person and go inside? How long do you plan keeping the car? I intend to keep mine for at least 10 years. I do find the 20k price difference a bit steep but in the end I decided screw it could be my may car might as well fully enjoy it. I'll just work extra hard for it. After seeing it in person, the glass roof adds to that "futuristic" and "not just another car" feel. I could see myself just parking somewhere with a nice view, tilting down my seat, then quietly listening to quality music.

I think I will be cancelling my current reservation and place myself back 1 week or even 1 day before June 1. I shouldn't worry about touring forcing us to select DreamDrive Pro right now as they have to confirm with us what we want during order confirmation unless Lucid plans to pull a "sorry any config changes you have to pay the new price" Since I'm upgrading to Touring there's higher chances I could get it in 2022 which I do not want to happen.

Before the price increase announcement a Lucid rep told me I can postpone my order no problem once a confirmation arrives, but now we have to accept within 30 days. Although I wonder if I can postpone delivery and payment until 2023 even if car becomes available in 2022?

edit: just sent them an email through my reservation page asking them what are my options to ensure rate lock but not pay until 2023
You cannot rate lock until you’ve signed the financing papers if you’re financing, and that has to be within 30 days of VIN assignment. Between interest rate hikes and Lucid price hikes this car is gonna be a LOT more expensive in a couple months than it is now.

Have you gotten a chance to see it in person and go inside? How long do you plan keeping the car? I intend to keep mine for at least 10 years. I do find the 20k price difference a bit steep but in the end I decided screw it could be my may car might as well fully enjoy it. I'll just work extra hard for it. After seeing it in person, the glass roof adds to that "futuristic" and "not just another car" feel. I could see myself just parking somewhere with a nice view, tilting down my seat, then quietly listening to quality music.
Every day that my car is in the shop I’m going through withdrawals, haha. It really is that good, even with the glitches. I’m also pleasantly surprised my car has appreciated in value since I bought it given the price hikes. What a crazy time we live in.

I doubt Lucid will force us to confirm with DDpro or pay new prices. Configurator tells me they may not send invites to confirm until Q4.

Every day that my car is in the shop I’m going through withdrawals, haha. It really is that good, even with the glitches. I’m also pleasantly surprised my car has appreciated in value since I bought it given the price hikes. What a crazy time we live in.
I was worried about price hikes hence my urgency to get an EV sooner than later so I did "reserve now now think later". Did not expect the raise so soon.

You cannot rate lock until you’ve signed the financing papers if you’re financing, and that has to be within 30 days of VIN assignment. Between interest rate hikes and Lucid price hikes this car is gonna be a LOT more expensive in a couple months than it is now.
"All existing reservation holders as of May 31 2022... will have opportunity to order under original pricing and have at least 30 days from the date they are invited to place their order"

I initially read that as 'until 30 days'. I'm confused now. From my understanding:

1) reserve car
2) Lucid to eventually send order confirmation once it's our turn
3) have 30 days (or more?) to accept to keep previous price
4) receive VIN assignment at least a couple weeks later
5) have 30 days to pay or sign financing

I'm checking the delivery table and first column is confirmation date... that's not the same as reservation date right?

"All existing reservation holders as of May 31 2022... will have opportunity to order under original pricing and have at least 30 days from the date they are invited to place their order"

I initially read that as 'until 30 days'. I'm confused now. From my understanding:

1) reserve car

I'm checking the delivery table and first column is confirmation date... that's not the same as reservation date right?
Yeah the timeline between reservation and confirmation is what’s unpredictable. I’d reserved the GT before it was in production, so I didn’t get confirmation until 11/30 and didn’t get a VIN until early March so that’s likely different than what they’re doing now. I think what they mean by “invited to place order” is confirmation. So if I were you I’d confirm it with the options you want by then because I think it’s possible if you confirmed now then decided to add Atmos or DD pro after June 30 you might pay extra. Unfortunately you can’t get financing until a VIN is assigned so you’re at the mercy of the interest rates there.

Yeah the timeline between reservation and confirmation is what’s unpredictable. I’d reserved the GT before it was in production, so I didn’t get confirmation until 11/30 and didn’t get a VIN until early March so that’s likely different than what they’re doing now. I think what they mean by “invited to place order” is confirmation. So if I were you I’d confirm it with the options you want by then because I think it’s possible if you confirmed now then decided to add Atmos or DD pro after June 30 you might pay extra. Unfortunately you can’t get financing until a VIN is assigned so you’re at the mercy of the interest rates there.
For taxes I assume the date will be based on when I pay or sign financing?

1) reserve car
yes to this point.
It depends.. For me it was 5 months from confirmation to VIN. It will be more than a couple of weeks. They give the 2-4 months to delivery, but haven’t met the 2 month timeline which would be the only way to get a VIN within 2 weeks of confirming. It is more likely 4-5 months to delivery from VIN which means it would take at least a couple of months from confirmation to vIN.

You will have 2-6 weeks post VIN for paying, depending on “every car’s individual journey through production” to quote the DAs. They will ask to pay about the time it about ready for pick-up.

I think as long as it’s in 2022 you’ll get the $7500 tax credit unless Joe Manchin changes his sponsors.
It is $7500 unless and until Manchin and the senate approves a bill. Then it ‘could’ be earlier than 2023. Good bet that nothing will happen and every Lucid buyer will get the $7500 for the next 2-1/2 years.

Back