Order now! Prices going up

Sandvinsd

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Grand Touring
Lucid announced an increase in pricing on 6/1

As of June 1, new reservations will be priced in the U.S. at $154,000 for Air Grand Touring, $107,400 for Air Touring and $87,400 for Air Pure.3 The price for the new Lucid Air Grand Touring Performance model, announced just two weeks ago, will remain priced in the U.S. at $179,000. These prices are for base models, before the potential $7,500 U.S. federal tax credit, and excluding tax, title, license, options and destination fees. Updated pricing for Canada will be available on Lucid's website, www.lucidmotors.com/en-ca, on June 1, 2022.

• Grand Touring is going from $139,000 to $154,000 (up 10%)
  • Touring is going from $95,000 to $107,400 (up 12%)
  • Pure is going from $77,400 to $87,400 (up 12%)

Well, this was pretty inevitable, given the current world economies, etc. But I am glad they are handling it properly. (Honoring current res prices, AND pre-announcing, so you can get your res in before the increase.)

That’s too bad they couldn’t get the Pure price locked in at $77K. That was the loaded E class/5 series/A6 competitor that I think would have pulled more buyers over from the mid-range German luxe brands.

@rbbarry Thank you for posting. I wouldve just waited later in the year to possibly change my Pure to Touring but if I did they'd probably quote me higher price. I am still on the fence whether to spend extra. Now I need to decide soon.

That’s too bad they couldn’t get the Pure price locked in at $77K. That was the loaded E class/5 series/A6 competitor that I think would have pulled more buyers over from the mid-range German luxe brands.
Agreed. It also served as a reasonable stretch for people looking at a Model 3 who were willing to spend a bit more, but not a ton more.

Was looking for articles stating that previous reservation prices are locked in. Did find it and I'm glad they will honor previous prices. Also very nice of them to pre-announce almost a month in advance.

Agreed. It also served as a reasonable stretch for people looking at a Model 3 who were willing to spend a bit more, but not a ton more.
Yup I'm one of those. Was looking into Model Y or 3 and I thought with a bit more stretching and the 7500 tax credit then I can go for the Pure. With the 12% price increase I likely would not consider, unless Tesla does a 10%+ price increase too.

Yup I'm one of those. Was looking into Model Y or 3 and I thought with a bit more stretching and the 7500 tax credit then I can go for the Pure. With the 12% price increase I likely would not consider, unless Tesla does a 10%+ price increase too.
Well, Tesla has increased more than 10% on all their cars this year already. So there's that.

I guess I’ll be confirming my order now. Was hoping to sit and wait just a little longer.

In a way it’s encouraging news. There must be a healthy demand for these cars, or Lucid believes there will be.

Keep in mind that if you reserved before June 1, 2022, you must confirm your order within 30 days of receiving the invite to order to get the lower price.

Keep in mind that if you reserved before June 1, 2022, you must confirm your order within 30 days of receiving the invite to order to get the lower price.

I got my invitation to confirm on April 12th. Do I still have until May 31st to confirm, and lock in the old price?

I got my invitation to confirm on April 12th. Do I still have until May 31st to confirm, and lock in the old price?
You may want to check with your DA. They quickly mentioned this on the earning call but I haven't seen this stated anywhere else.

Once the webcast goes from live to recorded I can link a time she says this.

Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 5.28.46 PM.png

I just upgraded my Pure reservation to Touring but I can't select non DreamDrive Pro. I'd actually be screwed if I get confirmation earlier than Dec 5 2022.
<It's a trap! gif>

edit: meaning I can only select config that is available in Q3 2022 instead of Q4!

Last edited:
Looks like options DDpro, surreal sound, tires and paint pricing increasing too.

Back