Official: Gravity Debuts on Nov. 15

The Pure edition must start at least below $104k. It cannot be priced more to or at a base MB EQS SUV ($104k). $97-$102k for a Pure would probably be a sweet spot.

The Touring edition must start around $121k but less than $126k with a 6-seat option pricing around $127.5k. Touring will directly compete with MXLR ($121k) and the MB EQS SUV 580 ($126k), . $122.5-$125k for Touring and $129k for Touring 6-seat option would be ideal.

The Grand Touring edition $167k-$169k

The Dream Edition $200k

The Sapphire Edition $275k-$300k

First ever debut where we don't get to see the debutante (not counting the floating babe in gold lame).

This was more of a turnoff (to me) than a tease...just show us what it looks like...if I don't love the looks, I don't care about the rest...
It’s not debuted yet. Today was about touring and pure. Gravity is not yet launched.

The ability to recline all the way back for 2nd and possibly 3rd row seats, was a really nice added touch.
It also demonstrate to imply that if 2nd row can recline all the way, it would have tremendous legs space.

I wonder what quirks and features the Gravity will have to set it apart from its competition?
Gravity implied heavier SUV, maybe more battery pack for longer range?

With reclining captain's chairs an obvious 2nd-row option for the Gravity, I wonder if Lucid will still proceed with the executive seating for the Air?

The reclining seats in the Air required the smaller battery pack to create the deeper footwells necessary for the leg rest extensions. Will the Gravity likewise require it or will the roof be raised enough to allow a recline function with the higher platform floor?

With reclining captain's chairs an obvious 2nd-row option for the Gravity, I wonder if Lucid will still proceed with the executive seating for the Air?

The reclining seats in the Air required the smaller battery pack to create the deeper footwells necessary for the leg rest extensions. Will the Gravity likewise require it or will the roof be raised enough to allow a recline function with the higher platform floor?
Sedans are inherently shorter and have a lower roofline than SUVs. Even with a larger battery pack and a higher platform floor, I suspect the taller Gravity wouldn't have a problem fitting reclining executive seats.

As far as I've heard, executive seats for the Air has still been deprioritized behind focusing on ramping up Air production, finishing their AMP-1 expansion, and introducing Gravity.

Sedans are inherently shorter and have a lower roofline than SUVs. Even with a larger battery pack and a higher platform floor, I suspect the taller Gravity wouldn't have a problem fitting reclining executive seats.

As far as I've heard, executive seats for the Air has still been deprioritized behind focusing on ramping up Air production, finishing their AMP-1 expansion, and introducing Gravity.
executive seats in the sedan with show up when Saudi Arabia starts using them as government cars.

executive seats in the sedan with show up when Saudi Arabia starts using them as government cars.

Most governments these days use SUVs for executive transport, and SUVs are even gaining ground as police vehicles in a lot of U.S. jurisdictions. If rear-seat room, comfort, and ease in ingress and egress is a priority, I think the Gravity with captain's chairs would trump the Air for that service.

I think the main market for an Air with executive seating would be in the Chinese chauffeur-driven market, where tight traffic quarters are more the norm.

If simplest Air form is Pure, then starting trim for Gravity should be called Light.

Pure Air
Light Gravity

Air Pure
Gravity Light

Don’t you all agree?

If simplest Air form is Pure, then starting trim for Gravity should be called Light.

Pure Air
Light Gravity

Air Pure
Gravity Light

Don’t you all agree?

I have a feeling that when the gross vehicle weight numbers are released for the Gravity, the word "light" will not spring to mind. ;)

Maybe anti-gravity
Standard gravity
Quantum gravity 😝
99A1DBDA-CE65-4A8F-8FAD-35A29352E209.jpeg

Looks at the first post above...Lucid's Tweet calls it a "debut..."
“Digital debut”. Also, are we really being that pedantic? You understood my intent - the car and specs are not out yet.

Back