October OTA Updates

Your delivery advisor will give it to you.
I went to the tidal site and got a 3-month free trial. Is what Lucid provides different?

I went to the tidal site and got a 3-month free trial. Is what Lucid provides different?
Exactly the same thing...no, they don't add 3 months to the Lucid offer ; /

My soon to be AGT just got 2.0.25, anything added with this or just random improvements?

There is 2.0.25 out there???

Or you mean 1.25.1 mobile app update today?

It always the same. It just makes a generalized comment about improving everything. "Improvements to onboard connectivity, diagnostics and wireless communications." They may as well be saying "we fixed stuff." Are there any specifics?

It always the same. It just makes a generalized comment about improving everything. "Improvements to onboard connectivity, diagnostics and wireless communications." They may as well be saying "we fixed stuff." Are there any specifics?
Only when the update is noticeable to the driver like with the larger 2.0.x updates.

I'd still like to know what is being changed. If Lucid is just "optimizing or preparing for next feature or minor fixes" how hard would it be to say that? Why is it so difficult for Lucid to be transparent about what it is doing?

I'd still like to know what is being changed. If Lucid is just "optimizing or preparing for next feature or minor fixes" how hard would it be to say that? Why is it so difficult for Lucid to be transparent about what it is doing?
Because when release notes contain every single commit message they quickly get unwieldy or confusing. For example, if one of the things was “prep for CarPlay” then suddenly every single owner is going to be clamoring for CarPlay, but it’s missing context - is that a year out? A month out? Is it just a firmware update?

Writing release notes is much more an art than it is a science, and being overly transparent with release notes can actually cause more issues than it is worth.

You highlight the important and user-facing things, and don’t bother with “yet another firmware update for light emitting diode numbers 4,5, and 6”

It says both in the app and in car when the update becomes available.
Not enough... even customer support gets no more than this... FAIL! This really needs to be on a web page, with each and every release that is made public (allowing us to go back and see the history)... make us log in if you want, but what we have (actually what we don't have) today is simply very 1960 (i.e. the software industry knew about this by the 1960s and mature organizations do much better than this).

Reactions: Ned
Back