October OTA Updates

Wanted to provide an update from this morning .. When I got to the car and unplugged it, I noticed that the Chargepoint charger threw an error and had to go to reset the breaker .. when I got back, the car was locked but the charger port was still open (I thought I had tapped it closed after I unplugged the cable .. but may not have) and the mirrors weren't folded in (which is odd and has not happened to me before) .. That said, I've charged and driven the car a few times today and the car is fine. My Chargepoint charger, on the other hand, I'm not so sure. I have an open ticket w/ their CS and hope I don't have to swap out this one too.

Moral of the story, make sure the car is not charging when updating it .. if nothing else, it'll save you some unnecessary worrying.
Exact same things happen with us. Chargepoint charger shows error light. It requires a restart, for that I just power cycle the charger. I've a Tesla also, charged it with same charger and it worked fine and no errors. Looks like something only with Lucid here. No damage to chargepoint charger. This is nothing to do with update, I've seen it happening before update and after update too.

Haven't gone out to the garage yet to check on what changed (or didn't). I'll report back shortly...

Exact same things happen with us. Chargepoint charger shows error light. It requires a restart, for that I just power cycle the charger. I've a Tesla also, charged it with same charger and it worked fine and no errors. Looks like something only with Lucid here. No damage to chargepoint charger. This is nothing to do with update, I've seen it happening before update and after update too.
btw, there's another Chargepoint Flex Issue Thread in this forum that covers [in depth] the Chargepoint/breaker issue. That happened to me on my other charger every time. Called Chargepoint CS and eventually they sent me a new unit which hasn't had the fault since.
The difference this time, for me, is that this is a second Chargepoint (diff. home) that I use rarely, but it never tripped the breaker (like the other one) until I got the Charging Error on the app. Still testing it (w/ CS on the phone) .. so far 2 out of 3 times, it's required a breaker reset. I'm hoping I don't have to get this one replaced.

btw, there's another Chargepoint Flex Issue Thread in this forum that covers [in depth] the Chargepoint/breaker issue. That happened to me on my other charger every time. Called Chargepoint CS and eventually they sent me a new unit which hasn't had the fault since.
The difference this time, for me, is that this is a second Chargepoint (diff. home) that I use rarely, but it never tripped the breaker (like the other one) until I got the Charging Error on the app. Still testing it (w/ CS on the phone) .. so far 2 out of 3 times, it's required a breaker reset. I'm hoping I don't have to get this one replaced.
Chargepoint is refusing to send me a new one right now...they saying it's a wiring issue...

Chargepoint is refusing to send me a new one right now...they saying it's a wiring issue...
Laughable..keep on escalating. I’m sure you can show them the breaker, wire size, and wire run length to confirm it’s all to spec.

2.0.18 and 2.0.24 just finished installing, will go out for a highway assist calibration once the rain stops here

I too have a long drive in the rain this evening on .24 and will report.
Anyone know how highway assist works in the rain? Anyone tested in different weather conditions?

I have issues also. ( with the re[placement charger too.). Posting over on the above thread. another Chargepoint Flex Issue Thread
I may now avoid getting a charge point and maybe get an EA or straight to the Lucid charger if it means avoiding stuff that could cost me more down the line.

Really messed up if they don't send you a new one when everything is in spec

Wait a second, 2.0.24?!?!
I have .14 so I need .15 then .18, .21 and now, .24 to be up to date. I just got my car 7 days ago and waiting for mobile service to show on Thursday. Maybe I can get these OTAs pushed to me before mobile service shows. Off topic but Car is driving great but have several minor issues:
EA Charging is not working (semi-minor problem?)
Unable to open Charge port door by touch
Navigation data is off on distances
Voice activation of different functions-
Phone calls
Navigation points Info
Navigation voice not working (can we adjust nav, radio, phone to different volume levels yet?)
Unable to setup Alexa
Unable to make phone calls hands free (is this doable by voice?)
Cannot get Tidal to work and setup (Lucid 3-month trial?)
Seat massage very weak in bottom cushion-both driver and passenger when on MAX intensity
Seat ventilation very weak in both driver and passenger seat
Trim adjustments
Black trim above rear doors misaligned
Black plastic piece ends on rocker panels needs adhesive
Trunk carpet adhesive not holding in a few spots

I have .14 so I need .15 then .18, .21 and now, .24 to be up to date. I just got my car 7 days ago and waiting for mobile service to show on Thursday. Maybe I can get these OTAs pushed to me before mobile service shows. Off topic but Car is driving great but have several minor issues:
EA Charging is not working (semi-minor problem?)
Unable to open Charge port door by touch
Navigation data is off on distances
Voice activation of different functions-
Phone calls
Navigation points Info
Navigation voice not working (can we adjust nav, radio, phone to different volume levels yet?)
Unable to setup Alexa
Unable to make phone calls hands free (is this doable by voice?)
Cannot get Tidal to work and setup (Lucid 3-month trial?)
Seat massage very weak in bottom cushion-both driver and passenger when on MAX intensity
Seat ventilation very weak in both driver and passenger seat
Trim adjustments
Black trim above rear doors misaligned
Black plastic piece ends on rocker panels needs adhesive
Trunk carpet adhesive not holding in a few spots
You'll probably get 15, then 18, then 24 at least for software updates.

You'll probably get 15, then 18, then 24 at least for software updates.
Thanks...I am doing an EA charge test today. I have EA rep that is going to check out station while I am there. It is a 50-mile R/T trip so will get some drive time in. Lucid rep indicated it was an EA problem and left it at that. Not too happy there but maybe he will re-evaluate this by Thursday if I cannot get EA charge to work. I have backup charging verified and in-place until this is solved but cannot believe Lucid does not consider this fairly important. Many forum comments on charging so I am just ranting since it is on my plate. Fun though, because now I have the car and know the frustration some of you have had. I have faith in the OTAs and Lucid so that will make it even sweeter as it gets better and better. (Hopefully before my Tidal trial runs out)

I just recieved notification that 2.0.8 is available, with that comes HA, and park distance which I already have.

Do I go for the HA or do I wait? 🤔

Thanks...I am doing an EA charge test today. I have EA rep that is going to check out station while I am there. It is a 50-mile R/T trip so will get some drive time in. Lucid rep indicated it was an EA problem and left it at that. Not too happy there but maybe he will re-evaluate this by Thursday if I cannot get EA charge to work. I have backup charging verified and in-place until this is solved but cannot believe Lucid does not consider this fairly important. Many forum comments on charging so I am just ranting since it is on my plate. Fun though, because now I have the car and know the frustration some of you have had. I have faith in the OTAs and Lucid so that will make it even sweeter as it gets better and better. (Hopefully before my Tidal trial runs out)
Good luck. Both EA and Lucid are updating their software so hard to know where a problem might lie. Fortunately the EA closest to me has always worked but worked differently at times. When I first got the car, plug and charge worked fine. EA recognized Lucid charging plan and I just had to hit the confirm button on the station. Then something changed and I always had to use the Lucid app to start a charge and it took multiple attempts. Then the last two charges plug and charge worked again.

Also, seat ventilation is really weak in the car - I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say otherwise but I love the seat heating

... so far 2 out of 3 times, it's required a breaker reset. I'm hoping I don't have to get this one replaced.
I think you can also reset the ChargePoint through its phone app - save you a trip to the breaker panel.

I think you can also reset the ChargePoint through its phone app - save you a trip to the breaker panel.
With the side ride fault you can't. Only a breaker reset will work.

Tried that, but didn't work.

Good luck. Both EA and Lucid are updating their software so hard to know where a problem might lie. Fortunately the EA closest to me has always worked but worked differently at times. When I first got the car, plug and charge worked fine. EA recognized Lucid charging plan and I just had to hit the confirm button on the station. Then something changed and I always had to use the Lucid app to start a charge and it took multiple attempts. Then the last two charges plug and charge worked again.

Also, seat ventilation is really weak in the car - I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say otherwise but I love the seat heating
Did you see Borski's comment on the ventilated seats: They work very well if you also turn on the floor vents, as it will suck cool air in and push it out through the seat. They are *ventilated* seats, not *cooled* seats.
borski Post #6 Jun 20, 2022 Forum: Service / Warranty / Recalls

Did you see Borski's comment on the ventilated seats: They work very well if you also turn on the floor vents, as it will suck cool air in and push it out through the seat. They are *ventilated* seats, not *cooled* seats.
borski Post #6 Jun 20, 2022 Forum: Service / Warranty / Recalls
That’s not how the seat ventilation works. Please see the following post where I show (with picture) how the seats suck air from your butt:

That’s not how the seat ventilation works. Please see the following post where I show (with picture) how the seats suck air from your butt:
Is there any benefit of this versus blowing seat?

Back