October OTA Updates

WOW, the instant on feature is shocking, it’s like the car is saying “I’ve been waiting for you, let’s get in and go already!” Like everything just works now. Way to go Lucid software team, I’m so impressed, this update is enormous and it also works? Cooool!

Well .. now we know which list @bunnylebowski is on ...

NaughtyNiceList.webp

I drove a little this evening to play with the auto high beams. Worked flawlessly. Repeatedly would dim down to oncoming cars and then go back to light up the night. Very subtle icon changes on the driver's panel. barely noticeable. Very reliable not to blind oncoming drivers.

I did not really notice the feature of lighting the part of the road I was going to turn into, but I really didn't have that many turns during my trip.

It really is like having a new car again. Thanks @Firstto520 for the opportunity.

Ug, I wish I received it. Had to commit to my 3 hour drive without it 😢
Same. Was hoping I would have had it before heading out tonight but didn’t come through. Just got home and still nothing so definitely on the naughty list 🙁

Same. Was hoping I would have had it before heading out tonight but didn’t come through. Just got home and still nothing so definitely on the naughty list 🙁
Same

We're in this together, guys. Watching videos of today's football games as I wait for the update to drop. Yea, Michigan won.....

Someone is working late!

Thank you @Firstto520 and the Lucid team!

We're in this together, guys. Watching videos of today's football games as I wait for the update to drop. Yea, Michigan won.....
Go Blue!

We may not all see things the same way, but atleast we all agree that the NY Giants are the best team in the NFL. Goodnight.

I hope then that this change resolves my screen issues.

Software/screen issues aside, this is the best car I've ever owned, and there is nothing on the market or in the near-term pipeline that I would want instead. However, I've made up my mind that I am not going to keep a car that has such frequent screen/operational issues.

The car has been worked on several times relating to the screen issues. If they do result from hardware defects, Lucid has proved unable to fix them. So this new software is my last remaining hope.

I see a lot of excitement on this thread about the new features. I would forgo them all for a car whose existing features operated reliably -- the car itself is just that good.

But if this round of software updates doesn't do it, with enormous regret (and considerable anger) I'm going to say goodbye to the brand.
It should. I had many of the same screen freezes, though admittedly less frequently than you. The latest SW changed all that. Tidal is flawless. Alexa actually works. It really is a different car.

If you're still experiencing screen freezes/crashes after this, please report them, but they won't be of the same nature. If they are, then I'm 100% certain it's a hardware issue with your car at that point (and I agree, sadly, with your eventual resolution if that's the case).

It's not 100% bug free (because nothing ever is), but I have yet to find a showstopper.

Back