October OTA Updates

Got to 50% and then all indications of an update in progress disappeared. Thought the update crashed. Then got in the car and got an update completed message. Everything boots immediately. Fiddled with the interfaces, including music/Tidal. All worked perfectly.

I’m feeling some Yoda patience quotes vibing my way…must stay strong…be a candle or the night

As I understand it, the keyfob's internal software is updated while inside the cabin. It can be independent of the sw update process though. In other words, it’s not the end of the world if they’re both not in the car during the update.

Speaking personally and about any car I’ve ever owned, I always feel more comfortable keeping one key on hand versus both in car.
Leave both in the car but roll the window down before the update.

But, I don't think AA was causing the instability. It was how AA was being run under a VM. According to other posts, AA is now being run natively which should improve responsiveness and stability over perhaps a suboptimal VM setup.
The underlying software platform wasn’t the problem. It’s how Lucid built on top of it that was the main issue.

I hope then that this change resolves my screen issues.

Software/screen issues aside, this is the best car I've ever owned, and there is nothing on the market or in the near-term pipeline that I would want instead. However, I've made up my mind that I am not going to keep a car that has such frequent screen/operational issues.

The car has been worked on several times relating to the screen issues. If they do result from hardware defects, Lucid has proved unable to fix them. So this new software is my last remaining hope.

I see a lot of excitement on this thread about the new features. I would forgo them all for a car whose existing features operated reliably -- the car itself is just that good.

But if this round of software updates doesn't do it, with enormous regret (and considerable anger) I'm going to say goodbye to the brand.

@Firstto520, can you share anything about how things are looking on your end?

Are the batches going to be rolling out through the night?
I think what he’s asking is, should I just go to sleep or should I wake up once an hour and check for the elusive blue dot?!

087D6124-E21E-4019-97B2-8C742B5A0781.webp

I gave up waiting and went to a Halloween festival. Now the car is offline so certainly not getting any updates 😂

As many of you have noted, the team has started the deployment to this group. They will be rolling it out slowly throughout the day in small batches. Given the significant nature of the update they're taking the opportunity to watch the installations progress, hence the small batch deployments.

I do hope I've not been over-communicative over the last week or so. One of the challenges of transparency is that expectations get set. This of course sets you all up for disappointment should there be a delay on our side, as there was last night.

I'll be watching this thread and marinating in your excitement all afternoon.

Cheers!
@Firstto520 I really appreciate all your communication and the opportunity to get the software early. No disappointment at all and understand that delays are a possibility.

Got to 50% and then all indications of an update in progress disappeared. Thought the update crashed. Then got in the car and got an update completed message. Everything boots immediately. Fiddled with the interfaces, including music/Tidal. All worked perfectly.
Same thing happened to my car, 50% then back to home screen but the car "about" still says 2.0.2. Support is going to push the update again, but some things have changed. Starts up much faster. Alexa actually works! And the audio system sounds much better.

Back