Not one to complain but......

PoZulu

I have had my AGT for 6 months now and have 4000 miles on it. When I ordered the car almost 2 years ago I felt I had a pretty good idea of what I was getting into and for the most part it is about what I would expect.
My daily driver is a 2022 Model Y performance so that is my reference point for an EV. The Lucid is a far superior superior car to the Model Y. Occasionally when I get home from work I will take the Lucid out for a drive it is just that enjoyable to drive. The Lucid does have some software issues that need to be worked through and I am confident the improvements will happen. I think a lot of the hype about Tesla software has do to do with bells, whistles and sophomoric amusement that most people wont really care about after 2 weeks of ownership. So bottom line I really like the car and am not unhappy with my purchase decision.

BUT........................I put a service call in a week ago and have not heard back from any one at Lucid. I have exchanged emails with the 3rd party service administrator and they have assured me they are sorry, so what I don't care that they are sorry. I wrote a check for 150K and expect to hear from someone that can address servicing my car.

BTW I think text messaging is a terrible way to handle customer service , great way to see if the kids care to join us for dinner but a horses..t way to run a business. How do I track what has been happening with my car if I get a new phone, how to I search for past service information, what happens if the service manager looses his phone, how does the service manger get other people involved in resolving a problem, etc. ? Like I say not one to complain but poor customer service response and text messaging in business both piss me off.

Where are you located and which Service Center are you working with?

Hate to say it, Millbrae
Wow I am totally surprised. Who have you spoken with? I know they are swamped with new car deliveries but not hearing back for a week is not their normal practice by any means.

I emailed via the Lucid web site
If they expect to continue to be swamped they should be prepared to service what they are selling.
I don't think any of the problems I am having are unique to my car, if they talked to me and let me explain the problem I would be comfortable waiting for service.

I was in a business for many years that resulted in customer service calls, more than once I have had customers tell me that it is the response to problems that differentiates the great companies from the also rans.

If they expect to continue to be swamped they should be prepared to service what they are selling.
I don't think any of the problems I am having are unique to my car, if they talked to me and let me explain the problem I would be comfortable waiting for service.

I was in a business for many years that resulted in customer service calls, more than once I have had customers tell me that it is the response to problems that differentiates the great companies from the also rans.
… what problems are you having?

Also, when you text the customer service number it doesn’t go to a single phone, but gets relayed to the general customer support system, so no worries on the other end losing their phone or anything like that.

It does not go to a single phone on the lucid end but it does on mine. Although I expected somehow it went to a group, it's more disturbing to learn that it does go to a group. That means a whole bunch of people are ignoring me.

What the problem is with the car is not the issue. Problem is lucid is not responsive.

What the problem is with the car is not the issue. Problem is lucid is not responsive.
Actually that probably is a large factor. If your car is throwing fault codes or exhibits a problem that impacts safety that is prioritized over a cosmetic issue or an annoyance issue like a creak or a non working window shade. I’m not making excuses for Lucid but if they are ramping up service for a sudden influx of cars there are going to be delays for low level problems. We are not talking Mercedes or Lexus which have several hundred service centers vying for your money( or the parent companies money for warranty repairs) we are talking about an extremely young company churning through procedures and personnel trying to get things right. For instance my passenger side vanity mirror light stopped working last week. I haven’t bothered calling Lucid Yet as it has very little impact on my life but when I do I don’t expect Lucid rush out in the next few days to fix a failed micro switch. Do what other members are telling you and work up through the chain of command

Actually that probably is a large factor. If your car is throwing fault codes or exhibits a problem that impacts safety that is prioritized over a cosmetic issue or an annoyance issue like a creak or a non working window shade. I’m not making excuses for Lucid but if they are ramping up service for a sudden influx of cars there are going to be delays for low level problems. We are not talking Mercedes or Lexus which have several hundred service centers vying for your money( or the parent companies money for warranty repairs) we are talking about an extremely young company churning through procedures and personnel trying to get things right. For instance my passenger side vanity mirror light stopped working last week. I haven’t bothered calling Lucid Yet as it has very little impact on my life but when I do I don’t expect Lucid rush out in the next few days to fix a failed micro switch. Do what other members are telling you and work up through the chain of command
That would be reductio ad absurdum. I doubt anyone would make a customer service call for that. Communications is important, especially when the service center is backed up.

Wait, you put in your service request via email to the website and not the official customer care number you can call to talk to a person (or text) for service. I'm confused.

Total aside, and this is obvious but: did you try changing the battery?

Total aside, and this is obvious but: did you try changing the battery?
No as it flashes on when you lift up the cover but then blinks off. I could try that but as wifey doesn’t apply makeup in the car it should not be drained. Anything is possible though

How do I track what has been happening with my car if I get a new phone, how to I search for past service information
On iPhone, it's backed up to iCloud and with Android, there are apps that perform the same function to dropbox, onedrive, etc.. So you can restore to your new phone. If you use the google messaging app, it's backed up automatically.

When you go outside the established support mechanism, it should be expected that you won't get the same level of service as when you use the appropriate methods (this isn't to say that depending on what you reported, it might not have met your expectations even going through their process). You also mention "3rd party service administrator". What is that? I've always dealt with Lucid customer care and service.

No as it flashes on when you lift up the cover but then blinks off. I could try that but as wifey doesn’t apply makeup in the car it should not be drained. Anything is possible though
I experienced the same issue.
Battery replacement fixed it
3 batteries # 2450 (if I remember correctly).

BTW I think text messaging is a terrible way to handle customer service , great way to see if the kids care to join us for dinner but a horses..t way to run a business. How do I track what has been happening with my car if I get a new phone, how to I search for past service information, what happens if the service manager looses his phone, how does the service manger get other people involved in resolving a problem, etc. ? Like I say not one to complain but poor customer service response and text messaging in business both piss me off.
Reading this worries me, I use text messaging at my auto repair shop now. I think it is amazing, and many of my customers love it. The thing I love most about it is anyone on my team can respond to a concern, and We all have a record we can review of what was discussed. It eliminates all of the he said she said. It has made me way more productive, and I can update customers more frequently which many love.

I do run into the occasional customer that does not like to text. I worry what percentage of the market I may be alienating with this new system. To see that you so vehmetly hate it makes me worry how many people I may be loosing who are not relaying to me that they also hate the text system.

It's been hit or miss for me. Which is kind of a bummer cause I hate having to follow up on things. There seems to be some breakdown between customer service and service center communication. Customer service will say service center will reach out. Nothing happens for a week. Customer service says sorry we'll escalate. Nothing happens for another week. Not really a big deal for smaller things but I really just don't want luxury things to add more work for me.
That said, I've also had pretty good experiences. (Bay area / millbrae)

... To see that you so vehmetly hate it makes me worry how many people I may be loosing who are not relaying to me that they also hate the text system.
Agreed... a basic of business is you need to listen to those who speak up with negative feedback, because most customers will remain silent, suffer, and move on to another vendor. Personally, I dislike text messages as a way to communicate anything that is more than a phrase (not even a sentence), as well as anything that is important. Send me an email with the important stuff. I can handle it in my own time rather than the immediacy of a call or a text message. If you need an answer now, then call me, with a parallel email to record the interaction. Text messages get lost in the pit of the text message app. While email can do the same, it is less prone to this in my experience (and world). Best is to ask the customer how they want to communicate and use that method with them.

Back