North Carolina Rally: Tail of the Dragon + More

I wish I would have seen this. Don't own a Lucid yet but I would have loved to check one out and I'm less than an hour away.

Everything went well. There were some lessons learned. Don't use military time, and be a bit clearer on plans for anything not the day of. A food/beverage fee may have reduced the number of no shows after RSVP'ing. This wasn't an issue since we skipped dinner plans, and the breakfast and the lunch venue were flexible. Something for me to keep in mind since the planned dinner event wanted everyone on a few checks (hard to do without collecting meal cost or figuring out payment afterwards with essentially strangers).

There were 13 cars and about 20 of us with Lucid folks and owners. We cut out Fort Loudon due to a late start, but the venues for eating sat all of us immediately. Food was semi-quick to come out, and it was good for the price.

A detour from a missed turn gave folks true mountain road, 1.5x car wide lane, experience, and this caused us to get behind the Amish on cart and horse. A GT-P with 1050 horsepower behind a 1 horsepower cart was amusing to the say least. Weather was perfect, and our route was shockingly not busy given the weekend. We couldn't have asked for a better day.

Lucid will be sending us pictures in the coming weeks, and these will be shared through their various social media outlets and maybe some owners. I believe they already posted some photos and videos on their accounts.

This will definitely be a yearly event for us.

Bummed I missed it - sounds like a good time! Thanks for the efforts of putting it together!

Everything went well. There were some lessons learned. Don't use military time, and be a bit clearer on plans for anything not the day of. A food/beverage fee may have reduced the number of no shows after RSVP'ing. This wasn't an issue since we skipped dinner plans, and the breakfast and the lunch venue were flexible. Something for me to keep in mind since the planned dinner event wanted everyone on a few checks (hard to do without collecting meal cost or figuring out payment afterwards with essentially strangers).

There were 13 cars and about 20 of us with Lucid folks and owners. We cut out Fort Loudon due to a late start, but the venues for eating sat all of us immediately. Food was semi-quick to come out, and it was good for the price.

A detour from a missed turn gave folks true mountain road, 1.5x car wide lane, experience, and this caused us to get behind the Amish on cart and horse. A GT-P with 1050 horsepower behind a 1 horsepower cart was amusing to the say least. Weather was perfect, and our route was shockingly not busy given the weekend. We couldn't have asked for a better day.

Lucid will be sending us pictures in the coming weeks, and these will be shared through their various social media outlets and maybe some owners. I believe they already posted some photos and videos on their accounts.

This will definitely be a yearly event for us.
I can't wait to see the pictures. Lucid is usually kind of slow on sending those out.
My experience in planning things is that usually only about half to 3/4 of people who RSVP actually show up. Putting down money usually helps with that because people have to make a real decision.

Back