I tamed the Tail of the Dragon in my Air GT

ebr

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT, Genesis GV80
Made a trip this week to The Tail of the Dragon and other like stretches of roadway. Was with a group of car enthusiasts from Obsessed Garage. Folks in my group were from all over - Texas, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and North Carolina. The cars were Porches, BMWs, Miatas (my daughter and her boyfriend), a Mustang GT3 and my Air Grand Touring. I was very impressed with the handling of this car on those roads vs those other sports cars. They did not leave me behind. It was a blast but I don't think I'll put my Air through that much stress again.

4027334.jpg

4027337.jpg

20230523_200811.jpg

20230522_191020.jpg

Made a trip this week to The Tail of the Dragon and other like stretches of roadway. Was with a group of car enthusiasts from Obsessed Garage. Folks in my group were from all over - Texas, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and North Carolina. The cars were Porches, BMWs, Miatas (my daughter and her boyfriend), a Mustang GT3 and my Air Grand Touring. I was very impressed with the handling of this car on those roads vs those other sports cars. They did not leave me behind. It was a blast but I don't think I'll put my Air through that much stress again.

View attachment 12574

View attachment 12575

View attachment 12576

View attachment 12577
Rock on. I am waiting for a trip to get close enough to make the excuse to rip it through there with our GT as well.

I would only do that on the 21s or 20s. I also would be terrified of a blowout…

I arrived at the end right behind them and was with them most of the way. However, I did terrify my passengers. This car is pretty incredible.
I’m debating on doing this run now when I’m up in Georgia for a vacation.

I can only imagine how awesome that was! I've only done roads like that on my bike. (Honda ST1300)

I have done this run in a 1965 Cobra replica (Superformance with a Roush 427), a BMW M5 and a 1973 Mustang Convertible. The Mustang was the slowest, but I was with a group of like cars so that was the pace. Actually, each time I did it was in a group with somewhat similar cars. Not sure I will do it again in the Lucid, the tire situation terrifies me.

Back