North Carolina Owners

Isletime

Cars
Lucid Air GT
Just canceled my Model S pre-order for a variety of reasons. Considering ordering one of the inventory GTs and was wondering what delivery in North Carolina looks like? NC is not known for being friendly to this new breed of auto manufacturers. Should I expect delivery to my home, or will I need to pick it up in Tysons Corner in VA?

Just canceled my Model S pre-order for a variety of reasons. Considering ordering one of the inventory GTs and was wondering what delivery in North Carolina looks like? NC is not known for being friendly to this new breed of auto manufacturers. Should I expect delivery to my home, or will I need to pick it up in Tysons Corner in VA?
Hi Isletime. I am literally picking up my Touring in Tysons Corner in 15 hrs. Lucid gave me the option to have it delivered to my home or they would fly me up to DC and send a Lyft to the airport. Yes, they are paying for my wife and I to fly up at the last minute. Really pleasant surprise. The reason I am flying up is they couldn’t guarantee I would have my car delivered to my NC home by the 31st. No 31st delivery means I would lose the $7500 tax credit. Easy choice, plus we have family near DC we will visit. Hope this helps

Yes, they are paying for my wife and I to fly up at the last minute. Really pleasant surprise. The reason I am flying up is they couldn’t guarantee I would have my car delivered to my NC home by the 31st. No 31st delivery means I would lose the $7500 tax credit. Easy choice, plus we have family near DC we will visit. Hope this helps
Hope you are not on Southwest or you may not get there by the 31st!
:eek:

Hi Isletime. I am literally picking up my Touring in Tysons Corner in 15 hrs. Lucid gave me the option to have it delivered to my home or they would fly me up to DC and send a Lyft to the airport. Yes, they are paying for my wife and I to fly up at the last minute. Really pleasant surprise. The reason I am flying up is they couldn’t guarantee I would have my car delivered to my NC home by the 31st. No 31st delivery means I would lose the $7500 tax credit. Easy choice, plus we have family near DC we will visit. Hope this helps
That’s awesome, congrats! I’m actually heading up to the Tysons design studio tomorrow morning. I’m in NOVA visiting family myself. Can’t wait to see the car in person. Glad to hear that delivery is an option. I’m a little fanatical about limiting my driving prior to PPF being applied.

Enjoy the car!

Bill

Back