Normal charge loss overnight when unplugged?

Dortreo

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT
What’s a normal degree of charge loss when the Lucid is sitting unplugged overnight? Mine lost 5% from 80% to 75%. That would be equal to 50 miles of range and seems excessive.

Is it possibly related to the fob being in range, which is why a Faraday box is needed?

Keep your fob away! At least 25 feet with walls in between if you don't have a Faraday box. Also keep your phone away and turn off bluetooth. !!

What’s a normal degree of charge loss when the Lucid is sitting unplugged overnight? Mine lost 5% from 80% to 75%. That would be equal to 50 miles of range and seems excessive.

Is it possibly related to the fob being in range, which is why a Faraday box is needed?
Yes. Most likely your fob, or mobile key is waking it up.

I’m not sure that’s accurate. I charged to 90% last night (first time DC charging) and woke up to 20 mile range loss. The car is always put to sleep via a hard press, I don’t have mobile key set up or check the app, and the key was placed in the same position it had been the previous 2 nights of my brief ownership where I lost 0 miles of range. I am hoping it is something with just the first time or two of fast-charging, but we will see.

Yes, keep your keys away and see if there is a change. If I don't charge my car, I see a 1-2 mile overnight loss now that I keep my keys far away (I also have a faraday box but don't always use it). I do notice that if my car is plugged in all night, I will have a 10-20 mile loss from what I charged it to (400 to 380 or 380) when I wake it up in the am. I am not sure what is going on with that.

We own a Volvo XC40 Pure Electric, and I am puzzled as to why the Air is losing so much charge. I can safely say that the Volvo does NOT lose charge or miles that I can see, and I have been checking ever since I read here that the Air has this problem. I don't think the Air should lose charge based on my Volvo experience, where we leave our smartphones and key fob basically anywhere we want, many times very close to the Volvo. I hope Lucid figures this out soon !

Last edited:
The Lucid service rep mentioned some overnight charge loss is due to the battery temperature regulation system which keeps if at optimal temps to prevent long term degradation, and you’ll see larger overnight range loss if it’s colder out. It is a little concerning, but maybe some other manufacturers don’t implement as aggressive temperature management systems so you’re not gonna see as much range loss when the car isn’t being driven?

The Lucid service rep mentioned some overnight charge loss is due to the battery temperature regulation system which keeps if at optimal temps to prevent long term degradation, and you’ll see larger overnight range loss if it’s colder out. It is a little concerning, but maybe some other manufacturers don’t implement as aggressive temperature management systems so you’re not gonna see as much range loss when the car isn’t being driven?
The only temperature mgmt system I know of on the Volvo is the heat pump. I was unaware that Lucid has such a system, and I thought I read everything there was already. Thanks for the info.

By the way, do you have your Air connected to your home wifi ?

Last edited:
charged to 80%. or 413 miles yesterday. 24 hour loss, 13 miles, or 3.14 percent. Garage temperature average 65 degrees in same time frame.

I think I know what happened. Not the Lucid’s fault. My ChargePoint Flex lost Wi-Fi connection so it didn’t charge and the Lucid stayed in preparing to charge state.

I think I know what happened. Not the Lucid’s fault. My ChargePoint Flex lost Wi-Fi connection so it didn’t charge and the Lucid stayed in preparing to charge state.
Ok. That needs to be fixed in software, ASAP. If I lose, 50 miles, or more than 10kW because I have the charger plugged in to charge at the cheap rates, it defeats the purpose of timed charging. Lucid MUST add a timed charging in the car so that the car is not in this perpetual ‘waiting to charge’ state. My $30k Nissan Leaf has timed charging. I don’t use it with the ChargePoint Flex due to the smart charger capabilities, but it loses ZERO miles overnight in your scenario.

What I was told is basically summed up as this:

Yes, 20 mile loss is a lot. But the fact that I charged and then came directly home and parked, it may have ran the fan to cool the pack at some point overnight. I was also told that it may occur during the 2000-2500 mile break-in period. They have logged it, if it happens 2 more times then they will be taking the car to look at the pack.
In other news, the cracked rear windshield that wasn’t going to spread (their words), has most definitely spread already.

Shouldn’t that be 25 miles? .05 x 500.

In my Jaguar I pace it doesn’t precondition the battery for range unless you ask it to.

Does Lucid always keep that battery at optimal temperature? This seems unecessary. What happens if you leave the car for a week at the airport unplugged?

In my Jaguar I pace it doesn’t precondition the battery for range unless you ask it to.

Does Lucid always keep that battery at optimal temperature? This seems unecessary. What happens if you leave the car for a week at the airport unplugged?
My car was unplugged during PPF for 7 days. Lost 30 miles, very reasonable especially since they were having to open doors, frunk, trunk etc to work on it.

My car was unplugged during PPF for 7 days. Lost 30 miles, very reasonable especially since they were having to open doors, frunk, trunk etc to work on it.
that is reasonable. When my I pace was in the shop for a week to get a chrome delete, grill wrapped and and other custom interior trim to the doors for a week it lost no charge.

For reference, my Tesla Model S loses approx. 1 percentage point per 24 hours when sitting idle in the garage. It's less when it sits for a longer time, as more and more systems are put to sleep. Consequently, it takes a bit longer to wake up for the first drive after holidays.

It was a long way through many OTA updates to get down to this relatively low idle consumption. Google "Tesla vampire drain" if you want to know more about the history.

My I pace has a “deep sleep” mode where after four days it powers completely down to conserve battery. The way to turn it back on is in person by manually starting the vehicle. You can also set a wake up time in the app (so it will wake up when you come back from your trip).

I remember Tesla Vampire drain as well.

Hopefully Lucid can limit the battery drain further in the future. This is something I’m sure they will be working on.

Back