Noise vibration while charging at EA

Took a video of how the car now sounds when charging. This level of noise doesn’t last the entire charge cycle. It didn’t sound like this until recently (now 3,500 miles).
That's exactly what my Touring did today at EA. Never have heard it previously. This is the first charge since software version .42 and 47. My tag denotes a LNDSR71! I was looking around both sides of the vehicle to see if the Air Force had plugged in a start cart on each side of her!

Attachments

• 2023-12-16 15.30.47 duckduckgo.com 2612b046325a.jpg
    2023-12-16 15.30.47 duckduckgo.com 2612b046325a.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 52
That's exactly what my Touring did today at EA. Never have heard it previously. This is the first charge since software version .42 and 47. My tag denotes a LNDSR71! I was looking around both sides of the vehicle to see if the Air Force had plugged in a start cart on each side of her!
Is a cicada stuck inside your battery? Jesus, I've never heard that sounds before lol

I’ve heard a somewhat similar sound that kicks in after about 20-25 minutes of L3 charging. I always assumed it was related to battery cooling kicking in after the battery had been heated from 20-25 minutes of L3 charging.

I’ve heard a somewhat similar sound that kicks in after about 20-25 minutes of L3 charging. I always assumed it was related to battery cooling kicking in after the battery had been heated from 20-25 minutes of L3 charging.
I didn't think to check the level of charging or time frame but, I did have other vehicles on both sides of me and my thoughts were to want to hide. Lol. No time set up with MS yet so hopefully Seattle will call this morning and set that.up

Same. Hearing it right now. Loud!

Same. Hearing it right now. Loud!
It's been that way since I purchased. I find that DCFC above 80% SOC or if it is very hot out, the fan/buzzing comes on. TBH, my Model S was similar but not as loud. Haven't seen that on my Rivian yet, but haven't really charged above 80% or in hot weather at a DCFC

It's been that way since I purchased. I find that DCFC above 80% SOC or if it is very hot out, the fan/buzzing comes on. TBH, my Model S was similar but not as loud. Haven't seen that on my Rivian yet, but haven't really charged above 80% or in hot weather at a DCFC
As I've said, never has done that for me till 12/16 and it was only about 50 degrees outside. Christina from Seattle said she would schedule Mobile Service to come out today, Monday morning and have him access the issue. Late this morning upon a no call and no show I decided to call back and talked to a gentleman also in Seattle. After reading through Christina's notes and this being early this afternoon, the guy said they may have to put it on charge to try and duplicate the issue and would call me back around 3. Well, guess what? Again no text and no call. Pretty deficient Customer Care to say the least.

As I've said, never has done that for me till 12/16 and it was only about 50 degrees outside. Christina from Seattle said she would schedule Mobile Service to come out today, Monday morning and have him access the issue. Late this morning upon a no call and no show I decided to call back and talked to a gentleman also in Seattle. After reading through Christina's notes and this being early this afternoon, the guy said they may have to put it on charge to try and duplicate the issue and would call me back around 3. Well, guess what? Again no text and no call. Pretty deficient Customer Care to say the least.
I take it your car eventually got service. What was the outcome? I charged for first time (3K miles) at a DC fast charger couple days ago. Was hitting 150kW and after about 15min, I heard a heavy, deep rumble. Sounded like an airliner buzzing overhead. Startled me. Didn't hear the whine that's in your video, but still, wondering if these noises are indeed the cooling fans as others have been saying, and normal.

Back