No software update in way more then a month!?

You’re comparing a company with decades of experience to a startup. You need to reset your expectations a little. The software needs improvement but it’s not unusable at least on its current version.
So what? They screwed up the management of the software. It is a year behind the car. Lucid does not get a pass!

You’re comparing a company with decades of experience to a startup. You need to reset your expectations a little. The software needs improvement but it’s not unusable at least on its current version.
Correct, anyone purchasing in the first year is essentially a Beta tester. Those who are not comfortable with that should wait (or should have waited) another year and pay the increased prices for more refined software.

Correct, anyone purchasing in the first year is essentially a Beta tester. Those who are not comfortable with that should wait (or should have waited) another year and pay the increased prices for more refined software.
I am so glad that Lucid told me that I would be a beta tester!

When you buy the first of any new technology, that’s what you sign up for. It’s just common sense my friend. I’m sure you will be able to get what you paid for it if you decide to sell.
Not true! When you buy a $170,000 car, you expect it to work. Just stop making excuses for Lucid's poor management.

For those of you that are happy with your cars, that's great, but there are a lot of us that feel we were misled as to the quality of the software. It will get better but will take time and at this point we have to just wait.

There are people that haven't ordered cars yet and they need to know the truth so that they can make informed decisions.

Last edited:
I’m happy for being early adopter and beta testor. I caught a few bugs related to Bluetooth operation. It doesn’t really annoy me. The software to me is sufficient and get essential core functions down. It doesn’t have bells and whistles YET. But to me that can wait. I’ve seen early Tesla owners paid $5000 for FSD and didn’t get any real update for years. If I have phantom brake like in Tesla auto pilot, I would be concerning owning this AGT. The drive is amazing. Hey! I can beat Lambo ICE supercar at fraction of its price with real luxury sedan interior. I’m down any time.

26732B3B-251C-4912-B5AD-CE8976A226A2.jpeg

Not true! When you buy a $170,000 car, you expect it to work. Just stop making excuses for Lucid's poor management.

For those of you that are happy with your cars, that's great, but there are a lot of us that feel we were misled as to the quality of the software. It will get better but will take time and at this point we have to just wait.

There are people that haven't ordered cars yet and they need to know the truth so that they can make informed decisions.
In all seriousness, I admire you. You are one of only 520 people who took a flyer on a brand new company with ground breaking technology. It could have turned out to be a total bust, but you weighed the pros and cons and decided to be the earliest of early adopters on a wildly expensive product, which could have been torched by the auto community if it was an inferior product. Bad reception could have decimated your resale value if the reviews were poor, but you rolled the dice and bit the bullet.

I was not brave enough to order a Dream edition. I wanted to see that they were actually delivering cars within a calendar year of the estimate. I waited until Lucid won Motor Trend’s car of the year before placing my order for a Touring. I upgraded my order to a GT after seeing real world feedback from actual customers. I weighed what the software has vs what it doesn’t have and decided that I love enough about the car to keep me happy, while the software improves.

You are Christopher Columbus and if I were you I would wear it as a badge of honor or sell it for a profit if you are unhappy. I hope you keep it and enjoy what it is, while the software improves.

or just order grey or silver and you won't have to be a beta tester. The software will be finished by the time you actually get your car 🤣🤣

or just order grey or silver and you won't have to be a beta tester. The software will be finished by the time you actually get your car 🤣🤣
Well, there is that. Lol

I was just thinking today about how ridiculously long it’s been since there was a software update. I’m about ready to either, drive the thing into a canal or drive one of my other cars until they get this in real working condition. Having to circle the car waiving the key fob for sometimes, literally, two minutes trying to get the doors to open, is truly awful. Then once the unlock lottery has been hit, waiting another full minute for everything to boot up is beyond frustrating. The long list of other software problems are just annoyances that I can live with for the time being but not being able to get into the car is unacceptable. It’s also not good advertising for Lucid when i come out of a grocery store with both hands full, have to set the shit on the pavement and then start pressing the key fob hoping the car will eventually unlock itself.

I was just thinking today about how ridiculously long it’s been since there was a software update. I’m about ready to either, drive the thing into a canal or drive one of my other cars until they get this in real working condition. Having to circle the car waiving the key fob for sometimes, literally, two minutes trying to get the doors to open, is truly awful. Then once the unlock lottery has been hit, waiting another full minute for everything to boot up is beyond frustrating. The long list of other software problems are just annoyances that I can live with for the time being but not being able to get into the car is unacceptable. It’s also not good advertising for Lucid when i come out of a grocery store with both hands full, have to set the shit on the pavement and then start pressing the key fob hoping the car will eventually unlock itself.
What? Really? You are the first person after the 1.2.1 update that seems to still be having issues with the key fob. Maybe try to unlink and remind. Also, if you are waving the keyfob around, why not just double tap the button to unlock?

What? Really? You are the first person after the 1.2.1 update that seems to still be having issues with the key fob. Maybe try to unlink and remind. Also, if you are waving the keyfob around, why not just double tap the button to unlock?
I’m actually still having key fob issues also. I’ve yet to get the phone key to be consistent.

I also always have to double tap the key fob to unlock the doors at home. I think it has to do with the fact I leave the keys on the kitchen island right next to the garage.

I am still having occasional issues with the door handles not presenting when I have the key fob. Sometimes even after a double click on the key fob. It happened once when the Scottsdale service advisor was walking me out to my car. He said that a lot of people are still seeing but 1.2.1 was a big improvement.

I am still having occasional issues with the door handles not presenting when I have the key fob. Sometimes even after a double click on the key fob. It happened once when the Scottsdale service advisor was walking me out to my car. He said that a lot of people are still seeing but 1.2.1 was a big improvement.
I stand corrected then!

Yeah that’s the first I’ve heard since 1.2.1 anyone saying they walk around the car for two minutes and the doors handles don’t present.

Sometimes the key fob get too close to car at night will drain and cause weaker signal. Try to change battery in the fob key.

You can always link your phone to car and remote turn on AC to cool off cabin before you enter car from grocery store.

If y'all want, I'll just start a daily thread called 5/23/22 - Why Lucid's software sucks!; 5/24/22 - Why Lucid's software sucks!; 5/25/22 - Why Lucid's software sucks!; etc. Just let me know. You know how much I enjoy a good software sucks thread.

Sometimes the key fob get too close to car at night will drain and cause weaker signal. Try to change battery in the fob key.

You can always link your phone to car and remote turn on AC to cool off cabin before you enter car from grocery store.
I’ve tried everything that’s been suggested. Spent a while with only the phone as well and it’s perhaps worse than the key fob.

I’ve tried everything that’s been suggested. Spent a while with only the phone as well and it’s perhaps worse than the key fob.
Does it behave that way with both of them?

Yeah same issues with key fob for me, too. I’m on 1.2.1 but haven’t had the “opportunity” to experience previous builds like @hydbob to compare 😂. Frustrating waiting for it at times indeed. The other day, my wife and I left in two separate cars from the house. We decided to have a little “race” to see who could get in and start up the cars and go. She took the $20k Honda Fit and me in the AGT. As I was waiting for the “unlock lottery” (gonna steal that @miamicaneshaha), she was already around the block on her way. Proud “beta tester” though and wearing my badge daily as I continue to be a brand ambassador as best as I can. I know it will get better because it HAS to.

Back