No power on car

Well I have had the AGT one week and now the car will not charge up or allow me into the vehicle. I called the emergency number and they are supposed to send someone out.
Please keep us informed.

Sounds like it may be another system failure similar to that experienced by @HC_79 , @Pete44 @Empty Nest , and @Johnlee87. You should read previously posts about jumping 12V to allow access to the car during placement on the flatbed.

The service tech came out and jumped the 12V battery to open the doors as I did not have jumper cables. I purchased a NONO Boost Plus jumper from Amazon today for future use. When he jumped the 12V battery, the doors would open however he couldn't wake up the car all of the way. He took out a 12V battery from his truck and got the car awakened all of the way. He was able to drive it to the Scottsdale service center for repair. I will pick up a rental car for the weekend as the car will not be ready until Tuesday. He said it has to be approved thru engineering before the car will be released.

The service tech came out and jumped the 12V battery to open the doors as I did not have jumper cables. I purchased a NONO Boost Plus jumper from Amazon today for future use. When he jumped the 12V battery, the doors would open however he couldn't wake up the car all of the way. He took out a 12V battery from his truck and got the car awakened all of the way. He was able to drive it to the Scottsdale service center for repair. I will pick up a rental car for the weekend as the car will not be ready until Tuesday. He said it has to be approved thru engineering before the car will be released.
Was the car at a shop for ppf or tinting the preceding week?

I had no 12V issues with the Lucid while in the shop for radar detector, PPF and ceramic coating, however I did get a warning alert from the EQS during the same process. I assume that it was due to the doors and trunk being open for a long time. At least the EQS did send an alert well before the 12V battery ran down.

I had no 12V issues with the Lucid while in the shop for radar detector, PPF and ceramic coating, however I did get a warning alert from the EQS during the same process. I assume that it was due to the doors and trunk being open for a long time. At least the EQS did send an alert well before the 12V battery ran down.
Same for my EQS. Unbeknownst to me, this resulted in a bunch of error codes that the dealership later discovered when I brought the car in for tire pressure monitoring error.

Well I have had the AGT one week and now the car will not charge up or allow me into the vehicle. I called the emergency number and they are supposed to send someone out.
Ah, this sucks! Also becoming a little concerning that newer cars are also experiencing the same issue :(

What was the last thing you did with the car before it died? Did you DC fast charge it or anything?

Yes I had the windows tinted on Wednesday and the car died last night Friday. I just picked up the rental car and talked to the SA. He said the window tint should not have caused the 12V battery to die. They will be doing diagnostics on Tuesday since Monday is Labor Day and I hope to have the car back on Wednesday.

Ah, this sucks! Also becoming a little concerning that newer cars are also experiencing the same issue :(

What was the last thing you did with the car before it died? Did you DC fast charge it or anything?
I tried charging with the Nema 14-50 and stopped the charging for later. I came back in 1 hour to start charging and I could not get into the car or charge it up.

Yes I had the windows tinted on Wednesday and the car died last night Friday. I just picked up the rental car and talked to the SA. He said the window tint should not have caused the 12V battery to die. They will be doing diagnostics on Tuesday since Monday is Labor Day and I hope to have the car back on Wednesday.
I had a similar issue back in June when I left the car to get PPF. For some reason the car battery died and we could not wake it up or open the door using all 3 items plus the OTA From Lucid.

Service had to come and jump the battery for it to start again. Hopefully it is a similar issue and a relatively easy fix.

Lucid need to allow the owners to jump their batteries. It’s annoying AND Expensive for Lucid to keep sending techs for this but most likely nothing can be done on our cars but hopefully an idea for the next version.

Yet another 12V failure, I don't want to dampen your hopes but ours was drivable too after a 12V jump but once full diagnosis were completed, it is still in the service center undergoing HV battery inspection and repair and they have no ETA for completion. I think there is some systemic issue at the HV battery that kills the 12V battery, as seen by others mentioned above.

A final comment, another example of how to properly gain access to a dead Lucid, jump the 12V, you do not have to drag it on the pavement up onto the flatbed. I have a meeting scheduled with top level Lucid managers to discuss this and what damage it may have induced to our Luci. This was all arranged by the Torrance service center as they continue to provide quality service and show they take the issue seriously, unlike Customer Care in my case.

I've seen the 12V issue crop up with EQS, too. Let's wait and see what diagnosis the SC will provide.

Back