No Audio

LucidAT-KC

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I have had my Lucid Air Touring since 4/1/2023. On 3 separate occasions I have gotten into the car and had no audio. There was no radio audio, no audible clicking sound when the turn signal was on and no audio from Alexa. On each occasion this silence persisted all the way to work. With each episode the next time I got in the car everything was fine. Has anyone else had this experience? Any solutions? Lucid customer service is working on it.

I have had my Lucid Air Touring since 4/1/2023. On 3 separate occasions I have gotten into the car and had no audio. There was no radio audio, no audible clicking sound when the turn signal was on and no audio from Alexa. On each occasion this silence persisted all the way to work. With each episode the next time I got in the car everything was fine. Has anyone else had this experience? Any solutions? Lucid customer service is working on it.

This happened to me 3 times, several months ago. Each time, a card reset or letting the car go to sleep, resolved the issue.

It hasn’t occurred since.

The valet card, given to you at the time you purchased the vehicle; it’s the thin black card.

With the door closed , hold it just above the camera on the drivers side B pillar and the car will shut down and do a reset. It has always worked for me.
There is a little diagram on the card that gives you visual instructions.

Last edited:
Thanks. I’ll try that when I get home.
It may be one of these software bugs that will be addressed in an update. I cannot recall precisely when, but my audio dropouts seemed to stop after one of the updates, perhaps 2.058 or so. I also vaguely recall audio dropouts previously being a more frequent nuisance for quite a few people, but other members would have to chime in for confirmation.

I would be interested in leaning what CS says.

Good luck!!

This happens persistently (btw, I took delivery 4/1 too) The car defaults to the Home screen when parked, but it's often no longer playing Audio/Music when I wake it. If I touch the "button" with two musical notes on right cockpit screen, in a few seconds audio comes back.

My first thought was this is intentional (tho annoying)..but other times I wake the car and whatever audio had last been playing is blasting away.

Also CarPlay inexplicably loads occasionally when the car wakes, even tho I didn't set it to preempt.

Minor stuff really---but software controls so many of the car's vital functions, these "bugs" make me a little nervous...

My Touring did exactly the same today. Stopped and parked for a short time while I went inside a store and once back inside car everything was back to normal.

This happened to me 3 times, several months ago. Each time, a card reset or letting the car go to sleep, resolved the issue.

It hasn’t occurred since.
This just happened to me. I got to my destination, so I'm hoping it will reset when I get back in my car. But why does these weird random things happen?

This just happened to me. I got to my destination, so I'm hoping it will reset when I get back in my car. But why does these weird random things happen?
What software version do you have? I haven’t heard of this problem in a while. It used to happen to me occasionally but hasn’t lately.

What software version do you have? I haven’t heard of this problem in a while. It used to happen to me occasionally but hasn’t lately.
My car hasn't given me the silent treatment in some time, but what it has done recently while I am on a phone call using Car Play is it will start playing what ever music was on the radio previous to the call, the effect is I have music and a voice call coming through the speakers simultaneously.

the latest one I believe, 2.1.2 When I did get back into the car after several hours the music did come on however now, now the easy entry/exit button is grayed out. My sit does not adjust

the latest one I believe, 2.1.2 When I did get back into the car after several hours the music did come on however now, now the easy entry/exit button is grayed out. My sit does not adjust
You can see the software version on the pilot panel.

This hasn’t happened to me in months, and I cannot recall what software update fixed it .
As far as random things happening, I think it is just the nature of software. For instance, I have not had any glitches for many weeks and then suddenly while driving yesterday my lower screen became partially unresponsive; some functions worked, others didn’t. I pulled over and tried a card reset , didn’t work. Then I did a logo reset and all was well. Just some weird little gremlin in the system.

I hear some distorted popping sounds only , it started 3 days ago. Reset did not work. What can I do?
No sound on Bluetooth , radio , phone , USB etc.

I hear some distorted popping sounds only , it started 3 days ago. Reset did not work. What can I do?
No sound on Bluetooth , radio , phone , USB etc.
Have you contacted service?

Have you contacted service?
Yes. The left back door handle was not working , they fixed it , they said was a leak , and I noticed condensation in the window after heavy rain, after the service. Wondering if water made it to the speaker in the left back door and caused a shortcut, but amplifiers have protection . Is weird

Yes. The left back door handle was not working , they fixed it , they said was a leak , and I noticed condensation in the window after heavy rain, after the service. Wondering if water made it to the speaker in the left back door and caused a shortcut, but amplifiers have protection . Is weird
Seems like a simple matter of calling service again.

I had the same thing happen to me right after update to 2.1.2 about a week ago. All stations and all apps were making popping sounds. A logo reset fixed it.

Back