NIO Reportedly Working On Six-Figure Lucid Air Rival

I am not sure if I will trust a Chinese company with my location, car status, ota, etc. Big brother from China watching?

I am not sure if I will trust a Chinese company with my location, car status, ota, etc. Big brother from China watching?
Agree. I can’t imagine that the world market would accept this given all that we know about China.

Yeah, no way from me. It sucks, because I really like what Nio is doing with a lot of their cars, but given my past work I can’t trust China to not overstep the boundaries of what I would consider “privacy.”

I’m already uncomfortable enough with Lucid being majority Saudi-backed, but at least it’s still an American company subject to American law.

Agree. I can’t imagine that the world market would accept this given all that we know about China.
Lol, Nio and BYD already still across the world don't they?

Yeah, no way from me. It sucks, because I really like what Nio is doing with a lot of their cars, but given my past work I can’t trust China to not overstep the boundaries of what I would consider “privacy.”

I’m already uncomfortable enough with Lucid being majority Saudi-backed, but at least it’s still an American company subject to American law.
How do you feel about Volvo and Polestar?

How do you feel about Volvo and Polestar?
They're Swedish, and while they manufacture in China, they're still subject to Swedish law, which is subject to EU law, which has significant privacy protections. So they're fine.

Yeah...I get it...tho there's little about me that I care about them knowing (except hacking, etc). But there's something about airmailing $100k to the PRC when we've already spent trillions (?) trying to prop up our own EV industry.

My PRC buy would be a drop in the bucket, but I still won't do it. Maybe this is a crossroad where all the inscrutable hatred for Musk pauses...and asks...Really...?

Forget about CCP and all the western media propaganda. Nio's cars are awfully inefficient. They don't have the brand prestige either. I can't imagine anyone would buy their $143k "Air rival". Oh, I almost forgot they announced the 150kwh battery pack years ago. Where are they now?

wait, i thought volvo's parent company was geely, a chinese auto company?
Yes, Geely owns them, but both Volvos and Polestar are still individual companies and shared same parts outsourced in China. They are assembled in China, but I know the core engineering of Polestar is at Sweden.

In 2021, Volkswagen made 8.8M cars world wide, 3.3M of cars were produced and delivered in Joint Venture in China as partial Chinese ownership. We are talking about brands such as Audi, Bentley, Porsche, Skoda, VW and Lamborghini. Despite Tesla is creeping up marketer share, VW currently produces 9.5x of cars than Tesla’s production last year.

Chinese also own many more European auto companies, LEVC for British taxi, Lotus, MG Motor, LDV for commercial vans. And mostly, even the Pirelli tires 🛞 on your Lucid Air is acquired and owned by Chinese.

Forget about CCP and all the western media propaganda. Nio's cars are awfully inefficient. They don't have the brand prestige either. I can't imagine anyone would buy their $143k "Air rival". Oh, I almost forgot they announced the 150kwh battery pack years ago. Where are they now?
Never underestimate a brand, Hyundai we’re puny Korean brand 20 years ago, and it has now surpassed many prestigious Japanese brands.

Back