New York Times Review

That is one laudatory article. Wow. I can post another gift link if needed.

It quotes Lucid PR's talking points practically verbatim (e.g. the drive unit "fits in an airline carry-on bag") and reads like advertising. I'm sold on the car and even to me this seems like a puff piece.

It quotes Lucid PR's talking points practically verbatim (e.g. the drive unit "fits in an airline carry-on bag") and reads like advertising. I'm sold on the car and even to me this seems like a puff piece.

Yeah, but this is something new: Regenerative brakes are tuned like a Stradivarius

You know, whether it's a Strad or a Yamaha, all violins are tuned the same. :)

Yeah, but this is something new: Regenerative brakes are tuned like a Stradivarius

You know, whether it's a Strad or a Yamaha, all violins are tuned the same. :)
But would you rather say tuned like a Stradivarius or tuned like, perhaps, a Mendini? Supposedly a Mendini is very hard to tune And low rated….

It might also be that many news outlets are not big fans of Musk, so the opportunity to speak about Tesla-killers is too juicy to pass up.

It might also be that many news outlets are not big fans of Musk, so the opportunity to speak about Tesla-killers is too juicy to pass up.
Fair, but one would think they'd produce something at least marginally better than a regurgitated press release.

And who would have guessed, no mention of software issues or missing features.

And who would have guessed, no mention of software issues or missing features.
I just don't think these car reviewers are testing for the stuff. They would have absolutely 0 need to test CarPlay, Android Auto, HomeLink, Nav, parking, etc and that's where we are all having issues. Like hmp10 said, they are mainly focusing on the drive, styling, interior and exterior design. I doubt you will get any reviewer to even get close to experiencing the same amount of frustration owners experience in any car. He many reviews have you seen or read actually show off the stuff we discuss here on the forum?

Some of it seems from the Lucid talking points, but the comparison to the Mercedes is mostly new, and the photographs came from no press kit. The NYT took those photos and one of them in the field is drop dead gorgeous!

Back