New Touring vs Used Grand Touring

Link for anyone interested

I don't know what's worse in this listing - that a used GT with 7k miles is now going for under $100k, or that they think it's a blue car with Santa Cruz interior (graphite/ceramic)...
I kind of wish I didn't see this. I feel like I almost have to try and cancel my touring now even though it's on the way.

I recently pulled the trigger on a 2200 mile GT over the Pure I had ordered and now need to cancel

Just got my AT back from service. Lucid loaned me a GT for the week. Having the extra horsepower and the extended range made a ton of impact on me. I love my AT, but if I had it to do over, I would buy a used GT....no question. Looking down at the range indicator and seeing an extra 100 miles was so comforting and more important than the extra horsepower (which is cool, but the AT has plenty of power). If you are wondering what to do, get the used GT. Good luck out there.

I had the same experience (Have a touring with a GT Loander, but different preference. Really happy with my Touring) The extra backseat legroom is a real difference maker and the car handles and rides noticeably lighter. I also noticed the the off the line pickup was a little quicker in the touring. I suspect the motors are torque limited at low RPMs in normal driving modes, so lower weight means a bit more responsive off the line. Clearly the GT has more max power.

The extra 100 miles of range "was nice" but not critical for me.

FWIW. I think touring owners can be quite happy with their choice. Definately if i was long range tripping in my Lucid the extra 100 miles would make a big difference.

Definately if i was long range tripping in my Lucid the extra 100 miles would make a big difference.

If Electrify America was dependable (lol) then the 381 miles of the AT would be plenty.

70% is 266 miles, which is over 3 hours even at 80 MPH.

Stopping to charge from 10% to 80% every few hours.

Maybe someday...

Just got my AT back from service. Lucid loaned me a GT for the week. Having the extra horsepower and the extended range made a ton of impact on me. I love my AT, but if I had it to do over, I would buy a used GT....no question. Looking down at the range indicator and seeing an extra 100 miles was so comforting and more important than the extra horsepower (which is cool, but the AT has plenty of power). If you are wondering what to do, get the used GT. Good luck out there.
You guys are lucky. My AT has been in service for three weeks now. Since there were no available loaners I opted for a 2023 Polestar. Coming from a Lucid it was undriveable so exchanged for a 2022 model Y the next day. A much better car than the Polestar.
I haven't had the best experience with Lucid service, I'm surprised it's taking so long to fix panel/fit/leather problems since I waited an initial two weeks for the parts to be ordered before dropping the car off. If I was put in a GT loaner I wouldn't even bother calling every other day to check on the status since they never seem to call.

You guys are lucky. My AT has been in service for three weeks now. Since there were no available loaners I opted for a 2023 Polestar. Coming from a Lucid it was undriveable so exchanged for a 2022 model Y the next day. A much better car than the Polestar.
I haven't had the best experience with Lucid service, I'm surprised it's taking so long to fix panel/fit/leather problems since I waited an initial two weeks for the parts to be ordered before dropping the car off. If I was put in a GT loaner I wouldn't even bother calling every other day to check on the status since they never seem to call.
I would be curious to hear what you disliked about the Polestar (was it the new rear drive version?) and liked better about the Y.

I would be curious to hear what you disliked about the Polestar (was it the new rear drive version?) and liked better about the Y.
fyi this is a dislike against the rental I had, higher trims may be better.
It had very uncomfortable cloth seats
seat adjustments were manual - A round stiff knob on the side to recline.
Drive was very rough, and the car vibrated at speeds above 70 - This is probably due to bad tire alignment - surprising for a 2023 vehicle with under 1000 miles.
Steering wheel is plastic as well as a lot in the car.
It triggered a migraine on my drive home.

Drive was very rough, and the car vibrated at speeds above 70 - This is probably due to bad tire alignment - surprising for a 2023 vehicle with under 1000 miles.
Wow! All good reasons.

I'd like to chime in as I've currently had a Polestar for the last week and a half.

The pros: smooth ride, and suspension. I actually think it's smoother than any Tesla I've driven except for the S, but it's close.
Google integration is great, but HATE how there's no way to actually sync your phone or do android auto (there is carplay).
But I have to sign into my Google account to get it to work with Google. Idk, I prefer android auto or carplay than signing in.
I like the look of the car, looks sporty, and feels great.
Software is somewhat easy to navigate, but felt like they oversimplified it a bit too much?
About 250 miles of range which isn't bad.

I think that's where the pros stop and the cons begin...

Cons:
Super cramped
Horribly uncomfortable seats and very stiff
Test passengers leg room is non existent if you want to sit in a laid back position.
Interior feels smaller than my compact Hyundai Elantra.
Every outlet in the car is a usb c, that's fine and all, but I was not prepared for that.
Center console is the biggest behemoth I've ever witnessed. My knee is basically rubbing up against it the entire drive. No place to really rest your hands as the cup holder and center console tray area doubles up as a second cup holder, and you have to fold it all the way back into the rear passenger area kind of, to get that second cup holder.

Price point on this car is horrible, I'd literally never consider it for what you get.

Fully loaded Touring for 113k vs Used Grand Touring for 120ish k with under 1k miles
Is the Touring and wait still worth it, or is it better to go the used route if you have additional 10k to throw in.
If I find my ideal build in on the used market I will probably go for that, can walk way from confirmation
While I might have gone with a Touring for the reasons you site, I'm very happy with my GT and the extra range it provides. I do a lot of distance driving and enjoy all its extra features.

I would be lying if I said, I wasn’t a little disappointed to turn in the GT.

I had the same experience (Have a touring with a GT Loander, but different preference. Really happy with my Touring) The extra backseat legroom is a real difference maker and the car handles and rides noticeably lighter. I also noticed the the off the line pickup was a little quicker in the touring. I suspect the motors are torque limited at low RPMs in normal driving modes, so lower weight means a bit more responsive off the line. Clearly the GT has more max power.

The extra 100 miles of range "was nice" but not critical for me.

FWIW. I think touring owners can be quite happy with their choice. Definately if i was long range tripping in my Lucid the extra 100 miles would make a big difference.
Would have loved to have that extra leg room in the GT. Personally for me the roomy and comfortable back seat experience is ruined due to lack of that extra leg room.

Back