New owner in Northern VA

qttire1

Cars
Air Grand Touring
Just picked up our Cosmos Silver GT last night. Love the car, although we drove around a bit and headed to a EA charger to test it out and kept declining. EA had to override it to charge. Guess we will wait till Monday to see it works again.....

Are you going through the process with the Lucid app open and then selecting the charging tab?

On the second plug in effort, an Electrify America Bar will pop up on screen and give you the option to select which charger you’re using. Then it will start charging.

No one at Tysons explained this to me. But I’ve had to do it every time at EA stations. Worked consistently at multiple stations by doing it.

But it always fails the first time and then I have to go thru the above.

Just picked up our Cosmos Silver GT last night. Love the car, although we drove around a bit and headed to a EA charger to test it out and kept declining. EA had to override it to charge. Guess we will wait till Monday to see it works again.....
Don't give up! Get on the phone with customer care next time you're at the station. The first time you charge tends to pose a challenge; but after that first charge is initiated it tends to be smooth from there.

Hello...New member here. I have yet to confirm my order due to confusion about Glass Roof or not Glass Roof. What your experience has been so far in Virginia. I am in Charlottesville.

Hello...New member here. I have yet to confirm my order due to confusion about Glass Roof or not Glass Roof. What your experience has been so far in Virginia. I am in Charlottesville.
I'm in Reston. The Tysons Corner studio (and soon to be service center) has been a nice experience. Took our test drive there in a GT. I'm a Touring customer and just sent back the order finalization last night. I expect we will pick up there so should have more info.

I'm in Reston. The Tysons Corner studio (and soon to be service center) has been a nice experience. Took our test drive there in a GT. I'm a Touring customer and just sent back the order finalization last night. I expect we will pick up there so should have more info.
Thank you, Segfault. I think drive up from Cville would be well worth for a test drive. Have you heard anything about how sun beating down on our heads thru glass roof from any Lucid owner in Virginia?

Thank you, Segfault. I think drive up from Cville would be well worth for a test drive. Have you heard anything about how sun beating down on our heads thru glass roof from any Lucid owner in Virginia?
I don't know anyone who has one. In fact...my wife has only seen one...A GT at Whole Foods in Fairlakes. It was white. I have not seen any. I have heard the glass canopy is treated so it doesn't hothouse the interior. However, if you actually touch the glass, it is hot.

PS...and no offense to owners of white Lucids...my wife said the Lucid she saw looked like a Stormtrooper from Star Wars.

I was just in Cville last weekend visiting my son at UVA. Very nice area. We stayed at a B&B at a winery.

Welcome to the greater DC club…congrats and may see you on the road soon….my office in Tyson’s is across the street from the Lucid Studio and soon in early 23 there will be a state of the art service center.

Have a GT since July down here in Hampton Roads. Glass roof is well treated. Not hot at all over the summer. The upper glass is darker than the same part in my wife’s Model X.

I don't know anyone who has one. In fact...my wife has only seen one...A GT at Whole Foods in Fairlakes. It was white. I have not seen any. I have heard the glass canopy is treated so it doesn't hothouse the interior. However, if you actually touch the glass, it is hot.

PS...and no offense to owners of white Lucids...my wife said the Lucid she saw looked like a Stormtrooper from Star Wars.

I was just in Cville last weekend visiting my son at UVA. Very nice area. We stayed at a B&B at a winery.
Cville and surrounding areas are beautiful with a lot to do: wineries, breweries, hiking, trails, etc. It's a perfect get away from busy NOVA life. I am inclining more towards Quantum Gray or Silver.

Have a GT since July down here in Hampton Roads. Glass roof is well treated. Not hot at all over the summer. The upper glass is darker than the same part in my wife’s Model X.
5hlinmd, Thank you. It does get hot in our area with temperatures reaching high 90s with real feel of mid 100s. Good to know that there is no issue with the car being a boiler nor physical uncomfortableness while driving in those conditions.

welcome to the owners club.

sun is not bad. The glass is treated well

I am in Northern Virginia but go to Charlottesville often since my daughter is going to UVA. The service center for you would be in Richmond from a third party certified Lucid center. They are actually called Dorn's. Our service manager is out of PA and he is one of the most responsive and proactive individuals that I have met at Lucid so far.

I live in Lorton and work out of Herndon of Frying Pan. I have had no issues with the glass roof and sun. I have had my car since late June.

I am in Northern Virginia but go to Charlottesville often since my daughter is going to UVA. The service center for you would be in Richmond from a third party certified Lucid center. They are actually called Dorn's. Our service manager is out of PA and he is one of the most responsive and proactive individuals that I have met at Lucid so far.
zkhan2, thank you for this very useful information.

Can confirm the Richmond guys are great. As a slight point of clarification. It's possible they are Lucid employees but use Dorn's as a home base. I'm not entirely sure of the relationship. But it appears that it's not entirely third party. The two seem dedicated to Lucid only. Also, one does do mobile work.

Can confirm the Richmond guys are great. As a slight point of clarification. It's possible they are Lucid employees but use Dorn's as a home base. I'm not entirely sure of the relationship. But it appears that it's not entirely third party. The two seem dedicated to Lucid only. Also, one does do mobile work.
I can confirm that they are contracted and the two techs were at Lucid in CA for three weeks of training. Yes, they are very knowledgeable and responsive. However, I had nightmare issues with their service in house, not mobile which has been fantastic.

I can confirm that they are contracted and the two techs were at Lucid in CA for three weeks of training. Yes, they are very knowledgeable and responsive. However, I had nightmare issues with their service in house, not mobile which has been fantastic.
Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

I did read through all your experiences. Hoping things are better for you know and you’re able to enjoy your car.

Back