New member. Taking my chances.

Resolved now. Details on that thread. My Lucid on will be back very soon!

I've been driving a loaner Model 3. The glass roof on this car gets hot I could feel the heat on my head. A lot of wind noise at high speed. Trunk already malfunctioning and not opening from the outside. Speedometer being on the side is very annoying to deal with! I do like the phone charging area though and navigation works much better. Overall I get the electric vehicle feel and for half the price (depending on trim) I could see the appeal of Tesla.

Took the car for a quick spin! Wow! Not having the car for a week and then driving the Model 3 for several days made me appreciate the Pure a lot more! Buttery smooth steering and handling, responsiveness, and everything else makes me want to keep driving. Super fun to drive.

I will be starting my new job this Monday. Woohoo! Significant pay cut but it's more in line with what I want to do career-wise.

The salary isn't what I hoped it to be and would've triggered me to seriously consider selling my Lucid. Alas, I'm keeping the car because the recent promo has significantly reduced my resale value that I'm not willing to take that hit. I did initially post wanting to sell my Lucid at a high price 90k. I did post high since I was waiting to see what kind of pay I'll get before fully committing to lowering the price to sell the Lucid if I'm not comfortable with the salary.

On the positive side, it's not really a bad thing at all to keep it though budget will be tight for a while! As I mentioned in the past, the technology has already saved me from a major accident. I'm also very prone to getting sleepy while in the car so the Highway Assist has tremendously been helpful. It's also nice that I can relax more as a driver and appreciate the views plus have conversations instead of saying "sorry I can't talk right now I'm driving". I suppose I can convince myself that the Lucid a necessary safety expense lol

Suspension control fault has been fixed a few months ago and hasn't shown up again. Car has been great! I'm very happy with the range calculator update too that happened a while back.

I just installed a dashcam yesterday since I've lost patience on Lucid implementation of camera recording and sentry mode. Knowing my luck, I won't be surprised if the next major update will finally have it lol! I'll just move the new dashcam to my old mazda3 since the dashcam on that got stolen. Speaking of dashcam, I bought a USB C to 12v female adaptor so I don't have to run wires all the way to the trunk where the cigarette lighter 12v is. Interestingly, it looks like the USB is always powered on which is good so I can enable Parking Mode on the dashcam (still reading how to do this properly).

edit: nevermind, dashcam fully turned off eventually so the USB is not always on.

I will be starting my new job this Monday. Woohoo! Significant pay cut but it's more in line with what I want to do career-wise.

The salary isn't what I hoped it to be and would've triggered me to seriously consider selling my Lucid. Alas, I'm keeping the car because the recent promo has significantly reduced my resale value that I'm not willing to take that hit. I did initially post wanting to sell my Lucid at a high price 90k. I did post high since I was waiting to see what kind of pay I'll get before fully committing to lowering the price to sell the Lucid if I'm not comfortable with the salary.

On the positive side, it's not really a bad thing at all to keep it though budget will be tight for a while! As I mentioned in the past, the technology has already saved me from a major accident. I'm also very prone to getting sleepy while in the car so the Highway Assist has tremendously been helpful. It's also nice that I can relax more as a driver and appreciate the views plus have conversations instead of saying "sorry I can't talk right now I'm driving". I suppose I can convince myself that the Lucid a necessary safety expense lol

Suspension control fault has been fixed a few months ago and hasn't shown up again. Car has been great! I'm very happy with the range calculator update too that happened a while back.

I just installed a dashcam yesterday since I've lost patience on Lucid implementation of camera recording and sentry mode. Knowing my luck, I won't be surprised if the next major update will finally have it lol! I'll just move the new dashcam to my old mazda3 since the dashcam on that got stolen. Speaking of dashcam, I bought a USB C to 12v female adaptor so I don't have to run wires all the way to the trunk where the cigarette lighter 12v is. Interestingly, it looks like the USB is always powered on which is good so I can enable Parking Mode on the dashcam (still reading how to do this properly).

edit: nevermind, dashcam fully turned off eventually so the USB is not always on.
There is a fuse to tap which you can use via parking mode which is always on, would need to get the info from one of the radar installation guys =P

Congratulations on landing your new job! I’m glad that you decided to keep the Lucid.

There is a fuse to tap which you can use via parking mode which is always on, would need to get the info from one of the radar installation guys =P
Can you elaborate on the fuse location a bit?

Got an upgrade to GT today! Suuper excited to drive it. I will take it on a quick spin for some dopamine boost after I eat my taco salad

Attachments

• 20231121_095912.jpg
    20231121_095912.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 53
Got an upgrade to GT today! Suuper excited to drive it. I will take it on a quick spin for some dopamine boost after I eat my taco salad
That was me on Saturday at the rally in Los Angeles. I drove that GT in Sprint the entire time! 😂

Oh, and loaners are speed limited to 88 mph tho.

Wow, congratulations! What made you decide to do this? Last I heard, you were selling your pure!
(never mind, just found out its a loaner)

Oh god.. I think that was a bad idea to sprint 0 to 80 immediately after having lunch. I'm feeling nauseous right now.

Some quick key takesways as a Pure owner of almost a year finally getting a chance to drive a GT again.

1) Glass roof provides considerably more spacious feel in terms of perceived head room than metal roof. It's probably half an inch difference in reality but it feels more than that.

2) 21" wheels are rougher. I feel rocks, dips, and whatever my car runs on a lot more. I'm not very fond of it.

3) Acceleration! Perhaps too much lol. It's been 30 mins and I'm still feeling dizzy. I dont know if it's because I just ate or GT is too powerful for me lol. I took my usual sprint route and I never feel this way with my Pure. Pure is like elegant sprint whereas GT is brute sprint. Pure horsepower really is enough for the average user. I don't find the GT's acceleration any more or less fun than the Pure's.

4) Purluxe is softer than leather. Lucid did a good job with their fake leather. It is softer but still feels durable and high quality. I actually prefer the purluxe here. Steering wheel with purluxe also feels nicer.

5) Massage seats are nice! I see myself going in the car during short breaks from work for that nice massage!

6) Stiffer steering? This is an odd one that I want to investigate more but it's the first thing I noticed driving the car. I'm not sure if the slightly thinner leather grip instead of purluxe or 21" wheel contributes to it.

That was me on Saturday at the rally in Los Angeles. I drove that GT in Sprint the entire time! 😂

Oh, and loaners are speed limited to 88 mph tho.
I likely wouldnt have noticed the speed cap since I start getting scared past 85mph lol

Did you have more fun driving the GT?

Oh god.. I think that was a bad idea to sprint 0 to 80 immediately after having lunch. I'm feeling nauseous right now.

Some quick key takesways as a Pure owner of almost a year finally getting a chance to drive a GT again.

1) Glass roof provides considerably more spacious feel in terms of perceived head room than metal roof. It's probably half an inch difference in reality but it feels more than that.

2) 21" wheels are rougher. I feel rocks, dips, and whatever my car runs on a lot more. I'm not very fond of it.

3) Acceleration! Perhaps too much lol. It's been 30 mins and I'm still feeling dizzy. I dont know if it's because I just ate or GT is too powerful for me lol. I took my usual sprint route and I never feel this way with my Pure. Pure is like elegant sprint whereas GT is brute sprint. Pure horsepower really is enough for the average user. I don't find the GT's acceleration any more or less fun than the Pure's.

4) Purluxe is softer than leather. Lucid did a good job with their fake leather. It is softer but still feels durable and high quality. I actually prefer the purluxe here. Steering wheel with purluxe also feels nicer.

5) Massage seats are nice! I see myself going in the car during short breaks from work for that nice massage!

6) Stiffer steering? This is an odd one that I want to investigate more but it's the first thing I noticed driving the car. I'm not sure if the slightly thinner leather grip instead of purluxe or 21" wheel contributes to it.
Could the "stiffer steering" feeling be caused by the fact that the GT is heavier?

Wow, congratulations! What made you decide to do this? Last I heard, you were selling your pure!
(never mind, just found out its a loaner)

I'm still back and forth about selling and my indecisive has already costed me a lot (if I decide to sell it). But like with stock market it's not like I can predict what will happen so I try not to "shoulda coulda". Now I'm trapped in this 'sunk cost fallacy' though

Yup loaner hahah I'll savor my time with it though!

I likely wouldnt have noticed the speed cap since I start getting scared past 85mph lol

Did you have more fun driving the GT?
Yep, but because I also used the hell out of the massaging seats. I definitely miss them on my Touring.

The acceleration in GT vs Touring wasn't really that noticeable in Sprint but it was there slightly. I can't speak for the other modes because I never used them. I wanted full horses 🐎 for the Los Angeles rally.

What I did feel was the extra weight of the GT and the stopping distance in high regen vs my Touring.

I have 21's on my Touring so the GT felt exactly the same to me for ride quality.

That's me in the Zenith Red GT. The officially licensed photo is too big to upload here but the photographer did a nice job with all the photos from Mulholland.

Attachments

• IMG_20231121_173306_727.jpg
    IMG_20231121_173306_727.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Oh no! My Pure will be returned this afternoon. LOL I mean that should be good right? But noooo please take another day to fix my car lmao

Got my Pure back. I will miss the GT massage and glass roof.

It turns out 3 people didn't see the ripple/distortion that I marked on my windshield, but I showed it to the technician back home this afternoon and he finally did notice it. Lesson learned... always show the problem to technicians even if it's marked. They might come back tomorrow.

Lowered the price to 70k, forgot to update here.

I'm at carmax waiting for my car's appraisal so just killing time at the moment.

Partner wants to sell her car (2014 BMW X1) and is currently leaning towards a Corolla Cross but she's complaining about the acceleration on my mazda3. I test drove the Cross and I told her that's not any better than the mazda3. Drove the new Prius today and I'd say it's like my mazda and Lucid made a child. Toyota did a good job and I could see why it's still out of stock at most places.

Partner is considering providing share to keep the Lucid instead of buying and paying monthly for a new car and in exchange offered her % ownership of the car proportional to her monthly contribution. She will finally test drive it later today. I hope she loves the car haha! Im secretly wanting her to go with her offer but I havent told her that's how I feel because I know she's super supportive in general so I want her to decide based on what she really wants and not because it's my preference that she wants to support.

I also said I could do the opposite where I add to her monthly for her new car in exchange I can drive it more often. After being saved by automatic emergency braking I prefer to only drive cars with AEB especially since I'm generally a sleepy person. I much prefer the Prius but partner likes SUV height. We'll see what she says when she eventually test drives it.

Lowered the price to 70k, forgot to update here.

I'm at carmax waiting for my car's appraisal so just killing time at the moment.

Partner wants to sell her car (2014 BMW X1) and is currently leaning towards a Corolla Cross but she's complaining about the acceleration on my mazda3. I test drove the Cross and I told her that's not any better than the mazda3. Drove the new Prius today and I'd say it's like my mazda and Lucid made a child. Toyota did a good job and I could see why it's still out of stock at most places.

Partner is considering providing share to keep the Lucid instead of buying and paying monthly for a new car and in exchange offered her % ownership of the car proportional to her monthly contribution. She will finally test drive it later today. I hope she loves the car haha! Im secretly wanting her to go with her offer but I havent told her that's how I feel because I know she's super supportive in general so I want her to decide based on what she really wants and not because it's my preference that she wants to support.

I also said I could do the opposite where I add to her monthly for her new car in exchange I can drive it more often. After being saved by automatic emergency braking I prefer to only drive cars with AEB especially since I'm generally a sleepy person. I much prefer the Prius but partner likes SUV height. We'll see what she says when she eventually test drives it.
I'd like to suggest you the new Hyundai Kona, it looks really good, has a better interior than the cross(and exterior IMO) and is faster! Reliability should be about the same and although the price is slightly higher, Toyota is much more likely to give markups.

Back