New member. Taking my chances.

Sent an auto loan application to BluPeak credit union two nights ago. Received a call from them to verify some information. Im waiting for my credit score to reflect my credit card payments from more than two weeks ago. Fortunately, the agent said it won't matter as my score is still high enough to receive the best rate. Should hear back Saturday.

Called my DA yesterday. He took my address and license info. He said my VIN could arrive as early as next week. Doesn't matter too much anymore as an hour later I got a call inviting me to a Dec 17 event in Arizona so that means I can get the car by EOY!! I initially thought I dont wanna deal with 800mi drive back, but a few hours of thinking I decided I'll do it. Possibly once in a lifetime opportunity - new car company, factory delivery event for first batch of Pure at their Arizona factory, factory tour. Flight and accommodation included! Also I won't be driving a noisy car anymore, perhaps it will be a fun 800mi trip!

P. S. I canceled my finalized touring reservation (no VIN yet) and they refunded the deposit. Nice of them to do that.

Sent an auto loan application to BluPeak credit union two nights ago. Received a call from them to verify some information. Im waiting for my credit score to reflect my credit card payments from more than two weeks ago. Fortunately, the agent said it won't matter as my score is still high enough to receive the best rate. Should hear back Saturday.

Called my DA yesterday. He took my address and license info. He said my VIN could arrive as early as next week. Doesn't matter too much anymore as an hour later I got a call inviting me to a Dec 17 event in Arizona so that means I can get the car by EOY!! I initially thought I dont wanna deal with 800mi drive back, but a few hours of thinking I decided I'll do it. Possibly once in a lifetime opportunity - new car company, factory delivery event for first batch of Pure at their Arizona factory, factory tour. Flight and accommodation included! Also I won't be driving a noisy car anymore, perhaps it will be a fun 800mi trip!

P. S. I canceled my finalized touring reservation (no VIN yet) and they refunded the deposit. Nice of them to do that.
This is for delivery of a Pure model before EOY? I just talked to my SA and I am told no Touring by EOY if I go without DDP and upgraded stereo… irritating… want the DDP, but only if I get delivery before EOY for tax credit…

This is for delivery of a Pure model before EOY? I just talked to my SA and I am told no Touring by EOY if I go without DDP and upgraded stereo… irritating… want the DDP, but only if I get delivery before EOY for tax credit…
Yes fully loaded 19" Pure. Only fully loaded Touring (idk if all colors) or Pure (fathom blue) will be delivered by EOY

Finally drove a Lucid yesterday!

Pedals and Breaking
Took a while to get used to regenerative breaking. I probably got all my passengers dizzy with my harsh slow downs and stops lol! I prefer the standard regenerative breaking over the high setting since I can control the slowing a bit better.

Uphill
Driving uphill was buttery smooth! It was a curvy road with a lot of turns so I maxed out out 35mph. I didn't feel the car sweat at all. I think it won't be any problem if I wanted to go 70+mph going uphill. Very responsive and it's always a nicer feeling for me driving a car closer to the ground compared to SUV's.

Steering Wheel and Turning
I've read people describe the Lucid as "heavy" when driving it. Comparing to my Mazda3, the steering felt a bit heavier/harder to turn. I wonder if that's what people meant by "heavy"? Can the steering effort be adjusted? I was putting a bit more effort turning the Lucid vs my current car.

Acceleration and Speed
Wow. Super fun but also dangerously fast! I could speed up on command and I am absolutely certain I'm not even pushing the car anywhere to its limit. It's very very very easy to go past my intended speed. The car is very quiet unlike my Mazda3 where I can hear and feel the car going to certain speeds. From 70 to 85mph it would take a several seconds and the engine will rev up which I could both feel and hear. With the Lucid I would press the pedal, blink my eyes, then look at the dashboard and there I am going from 70mph to past 90mph.

Car Size
Strangely, despite being longer and wider than the CX-5 I test drove recently, the Lucid felt like I was driving a smaller car. It didn't feel like I was eating my whole lane.
That tight steering saved me last week when I was highway traveling at speed and looked down and up in a split second and there was a surprise waiting room chair present in the right side of my lane of travel. A quick jerk left and right by me and I was past it with no issue. You want that tight steering in this car. You will love it along with the high regen braking. You will learn to “feather” the accelerator pedal very so slightly and never touch the brake.

The to me car is small outside (great thing for the maneuverability) but gigantic (great for passengers) inside. People are amazed by this when they get in for a trip or just a ride.

I generally don’t like to tell people how to spend their money, especially in an economic downturn. However, since you are considering getting a GT, I can strongly recommend biting the bullet and going for it. There is absolutely no feature that I would be ok with not having, after having lived with the car for almost 6,000 miles. The interior is beautiful, the range and performance is amazing and the sound system is studio quality when listening to Dolby Atmos.

I know others have had mixed results with HA, but I drove from Sonoma County to the Central Valley yesterday and used it 85% of the time with fantastic results. I’m not sure if it is getting better or if I’m just trusting it more, but it is such an enjoyable way to take a road trip. I know there is a lot of angst regarding people wanting HA to be a standard feature, with only using cameras. I truly believe that the use of Lidar is the secret sauce that in a short period of time will separate Lucid from the pack.
HA rocks. The very first time I used it I was not impressed. But it was a short drive home after it was activated and it was the first time I had experienced it. After using it and more aware of how it is working I absolutely believe it is one of the best features I have ever experienced in a car.

You will be happy , regardless of the trim . The ride is incredibly relaxing, when you want it to be. Driving the car is almost like meditation .

The one thing I would really really recommend is to upgrade your stereo to surreal sound, so you can listen to Atmos. It is💯 % worth it. I took some friends, one of whom is an absolute music fanatic, for a spin yesterday , and he was literally in shock and just wanted to sit in the car and listen to more. I have been waiting for an opportunity to share this with him and his family . I am not exaggerating at all about this; it’s frickin mind boggling.
I can live without Dream Drive Pro, but not surreal sound; that’s just my take.

I understand your concern about not being a show off. I really don’t think the vehicle is an in your face attention grabber. It garners looks and comments, but still has a discreetness to it.

Good luck.

I keep this in all cars now whether I have a spare or not. This link says unavailable but do a new search on Amazon and it’s available.

I keep this in all cars now whether I have a spare or not. This link says unavailable but do a new search on Amazon and it’s available.
If you live in a state like CA where Amazon won't ship this, go to Griot's Garage:

I got the fix&go sold by Lucid. Sealant is rated for faster speed and more miles. Power cord guaranteed to reach front left tire.

They were great to work with - answered questions via email and phone. From initial app to funding was a week for me.

Lucid's payment portal only works with specific institutions so check with your DA whether they will accept a cashiers check at the factory event or you'll need to arrange electronic payment a few days in advance. I would definitely pick up at the factory. Too close to the holidays so I'm busy or I would go for the tour and getting together with other owners.

Just woke up from my nightly vivid dream. I was in my mountainous hometown and had just received a loaner fathom blue Pure while waiting for my brand new Pure. Mom drove it first. She was frequently overspeeding. I was genuinely scared from the multiple close calls. I shouted at her to drive more carefully! She made a U turn, told me she knows what she's doing, then even showcased me her skills and the car's capabilities by drifting on an uphill dirt offroad. Turns out the Pure woke up mom's hidden speed demon racer.

Got home late. We were too tired to move the other cars so we parked the Pure behind my mazda3 with 198 mi charge left. Small town so that's plenty of charge.

Next day, I drove it for some small distance to pick up my brother and a driver as we are both uncomfortable driving in our home county due to its narrow roads and generally insane driving culture where cars are bumper to bumper and other drivers aggressively try to cut in front of others.

We got caught up in traffic. The uphill drive was draining the battery quickly. 100mi to 50mi charge drop. As I'm panicking staring at the dashboard I noticed the 1.2m mileage on the car. I read it multiple times and one by one counted the number of digits. It's really 1.2m miles! That explains the poor battery performance. 10mi charge left. We are not going to make it!!

Yay finally downhill, maybe we can get a lot of charge! Oh no!! It's still dropping!! Wait.. regenerative breaking had been deactivated! Darn it speed demon racer mom!!! 3mi charge left. Had to stop at an eatery which happen to be owned by my high school friend's family. Luckily 220v is the standard plug around otherwise we are screwed with 4mi per hour charge.

They were great to work with - answered questions via email and phone. From initial app to funding was a week for me.

Lucid's payment portal only works with specific institutions so check with your DA whether they will accept a cashiers check at the factory event or you'll need to arrange electronic payment a few days in advance. I would definitely pick up at the factory. Too close to the holidays so I'm busy or I would go for the tour and getting together with other owners.
I applied Tue and called Sat. Got their offer but I think it was ready as early as Friday when I saw a "counter offer" note on the application status page. 3.89% interest rate but they didn't give me the full amount I requested with 10% down. One reason, according to the phone rep, is that I only had $19k loan on my previous car, so they're not giving me a high amount. I did a quick application with Chase and Bank of America but I'm getting similar amounts though. I'm renegotiating now as I do not want to burn out too much of my cash.

I got offered 20% down from Parsons Credit Union. I initially applied for $90k but asking if I can get it up to $97k with 20% down. 3.99% 72 months. Going to ask their rate for 84 months.

December 17 factory event that I got invited to got canceled. Theyre citing challenges due to holidays. @changinator was told not enough invitees could make it. I think it's because Lucid has not started Pure production which my DA and the event planner seem to imply when they said they still expect to produce Pures this year. Back to worrying whether I will get the Pure by EOY. Would love to get the $7500 credit, but in the end I did downgrade from a Touring so with or without the EV credit the total cost will not be as heavy on my pockets. I'm set on getting the Pure. Already bought dog hammock and side door protector.

Signed my loan. Check will arrive tomorrow. Will be getting the car very soon! It's happening!! AHhhhhhhhhh!

All accessories and tool have arrived including spare wheel.

Going to be raining the whole week. I'll probably turn off regenerative breaking on my first day on my 100mi way back home.

Signed my loan. Check will arrive tomorrow. Will be getting the car very soon! It's happening!! AHhhhhhhhhh!

All accessories and tool have arrived including spare wheel.

Going to be raining the whole week. I'll probably turn off regenerative breaking on my first day on my 100mi way back home.

1. Enjoy the car! Congrats!
2. You can't turn off regenerative braking.
3. If you put it into swift setting, regenerative braking is less.

So happy for you. It was nice meeting you briefly at your delivery. Hope you had a safe journey back

I think my choice to get DDP had already paid off itself plus maybe more. There was a stopped car in the middle of the freeway just right after a mild curve but enough that I didn't have extra time to see and stop. Had to stop from 75mph to 0 in maybe 2 seconds? I'm certain that had I been on my Mazda then that would've been a hit. I'm glad no one hit me behind.

No clue as to why there were two cars stopped there. I didn't see any collision. Car broke down maybe?

Edit: I did press the break but it's highly likely that the DDP did it sooner and harder

Last edited:
Got a "Suspension Control Fault" warning an hour ago. Called Customer service. First one sounded like an outsourced agent and had no idea what to do and sounded BSing his way out. Telling me to wait and just call back tomorrow... Im not gonna leave my car here at a shopping area open parking lot! Called again and luckily got a wayyy more competent rep. Car gonna get towed, stored at towing location, then delivered tomorrow to Rocklin service center.

I was playing around the valet card and resetting password. Figuring out if I can prevent the glovebox from being opened or require a PIN but can't figure it out. Anyways, as I was going in and out, resetting profile, turning off my phone bluetooth and got in with valet card.. the error disappeared and the car is driveable. I forwarded and revered an inch just to see.

I called service and their opinion is to get it towed and checked anyways so I'm going that route. I'm just very distrustful, hopefully no damage to my car during the process.

Tow guy said he has towed about 15 Lucids already in the area. Didnt need to teach him how to use the valet card. Heck he probably has more experience using it than I do lol

Back