New Member from Phoenix

Welcome to Rolandphx!
I got also got my VIN today! Looking forward to saying goodbye to my 2019 e-tron edition one. Not worried about being an early adopter with Lucid. Light years ahead of Audi.
I’m in North Scottsdale just south of Carefree.
This is great news. Congratulations.

@Alex Definitely let me know where you're getting/got your car wrapped. I'd rather follow someone who knows what their doing that my usual way of guessing (badly).
My car should finish being wrapped today. It's at Cactus Auto Tint (Residential & Commercial Window Tinting - Scottsdale, AZ ...). They have applied some minimal window tinting to a Black Dream Edition previous. My car is the first one they are doing a complete wrap and total window tinting. After the work is done, Scottsdale Service is picking the car up (updating software) and then delivering the car, along with 4 21" Wheels/Tires back to me in Tucson.
I've used the PhotoSync IRD (Infrared Dispersion) on all the cars I've owned in the last 9 years. The IRD technology is great because it's effective without using a dark tint. You can see that in the links above. I have never used the Clear Guard PPF before, but considering how well the company's tint has worked, I thought I'd give it a try. It will also help that I won't need to ceramic coat it.

My car should finish being wrapped today. It's at Cactus Auto Tint (Residential & Commercial Window Tinting - Scottsdale, AZ ...). They have applied some minimal window tinting to a Black Dream Edition previous. My car is the first one they are doing a complete wrap and total window tinting. After the work is done, Scottsdale Service is picking the car up (updating software) and then delivering the car, along with 4 21" Wheels/Tires back to me in Tucson.
I've used the PhotoSync IRD (Infrared Dispersion) on all the cars I've owned in the last 9 years. The IRD technology is great because it's effective without using a dark tint. You can see that in the links above. I have never used the Clear Guard PPF before, but considering how well the company's tint has worked, I thought I'd give it a try. It will also help that I won't need to ceramic coat it.

Waid, Alex, did you already receive your Lucid Air? I have a great idea; can Maverick and I joy-ride your car around town before it gets shipped back to Tucson? We can even drive it for you to Tucson, haha. If you don't mind, what are they charging you to wrap the whole vehicle, including all the glass?

Yes, I want the info on the wrap shop also. Are you getting your windshield wrapped? I was told that you can get a clear wrap on the windshield to reduce the chips...
See previous post and wrap shop (https://lucidowners.com/threads/new-member-from-phoenix.281/post-10140).

My windshield exterior is not getting wrapped. I'm not sure how well that will work considering all the dust that will get trapped between the windshield wiper and wrapping. Maybe the new wraps that are self healing would work ok, but I venture to say that they can't really do well with large scratch marks that are constantly being created. Although the wrap will help with small rock chips, I don't think it will help much with large rocks that can crack a windshield.
Waid, Alex, did you already receive your Lucid Air? I have a great idea; can Maverick and I joy-ride your car around town before it gets shipped back to Tucson? We can even drive it for you to Tucson, haha. If you don't mind, what are they charging you to wrap the whole vehicle, including all the glass?

Welcome and cool to see so many here from the Phoenix area! Does it count to be part time in the area? 2nd home in Sun City, AZ. (primary home in illinios). It'll be a while before I see a Pure though (I want the metal roof and NOT the glass one). I REALLY hope to see one on the road while in Phoenix area next week! (landing Friday night). ...so I'm hoping all the phoenix people are out and about driving! haha

Welcome and cool to see so many here from the Phoenix area! Does it count to be part time in the area? 2nd home in Sun City, AZ. (primary home in illinios). It'll be a while before I see a Pure though (I want the metal roof and NOT the glass one). I REALLY hope to see one on the road while in Phoenix area next week! (landing Friday night). ...so I'm hoping all the phoenix people are out and about driving! haha
Part time counts in my book. I have yet to see a Lucid in the wild in Phoenix. I think your best bet is to visit the Scottsdale studio. There you may see their test drive car out on the streets.

Maybe Alex can charge for test drives of his car...;)

Hey guys. I maybe super late to the party coz I just reserved my GT last night as a valentine's day gift for myself. Glad to see people are already receiving their VINs. How soon did you all place your orders, generally speaking? Do we have some faster delivery advantage since we live in AZ itself?
Nice meeting you all again!

Hey guys. I maybe super late to the party coz I just reserved my GT last night as a valentine's day gift for myself. Glad to see people are already receiving their VINs. How soon did you all place your orders, generally speaking? Do we have some faster delivery advantage since we live in AZ itself?
Nice meeting you all again!

Welcome to the forums, @bhramabull. Here's a chart I made tracking reservation dates vs confirmation dates: https://lucidowners.com/threads/grand-touring-batch-tracker.493/

Greetings,
I'm another member from Az (Scottsdale).
And many thanks for the tremendous contribution from all the members on the forum. Really informative postings.
Now a trivial question: I remember reading somewhere that Valentine One radar detector doesn't work for Lucid. Wondering it this is true, and if true, why?

What was the cost for the application of the Prestige Clear Guard Alpha and the "Super-Hydrophobic" top-coat? Are you happy with the results?

@Alex - I've worked with Cactus Auto Tinting before as well for my Tesla. Are they the only one you know of in the valley, that have worked on a Lucid?

What was the cost for the application of the Prestige Clear Guard Alpha and the "Super-Hydrophobic" top-coat? Are you happy with the results?
Yes, I am very happy with the results. Cactus did say that the Clear Guard Alpha is not their favorite to install, because it's very hard to stretch and adhere - probably due to the extra layer on top. But I like the fact that it's really easy to clean, unlike the XPEL products, which work best if they are ceramic coated. I don't have a detailed invoice, but the total was $10,106, which included tinting all the glass, including windshield in PhotoSync. I did get some discount, being a previous customer and also being the one who introduced them to Photosync many years ago.

@Alex - I've worked with Cactus Auto Tinting before as well for my Tesla. Are they the only one you know of in the valley, that have worked on a Lucid?
As far as I know, yes, they are at least the "first" ones, having also tinted a Lucid before mine. They did a really nice job for the entire windshield, you can't tell that is is tinted. I did a full wrap, with wrapped edges. For some items, they did use a precut template, such as the door handles and the "chrome" trim pieces up front. It actually is better that they did this, although I did get one of the trim pieces caught on my frunk lid as it opened. Lucid recommended that the wrap be cut back 1 inch from the end – they claim the tolerances are very tight between the pointy edge of the hood and the trim piece. I'm having this piece replaced, since it cracked when the hood opened. The car is back in Scottsdale for that and other issues: Windshield wiper arm, 4 door handles replacement, driver door wiring harness, recall (although it didn't need it), diagnosis for non working mobile app, diagnosis for non working facial recognition and no distracted driver alert. I think they have been very conservative and probably are replacing things that they may not need to.

As far as I know, yes, they are at least the "first" ones, having also tinted a Lucid before mine. They did a really nice job for the entire windshield, you can't tell that is is tinted. I did a full wrap, with wrapped edges. For some items, they did use a precut template, such as the door handles and the "chrome" trim pieces up front. It actually is better that they did this, although I did get one of the trim pieces caught on my frunk lid as it opened. Lucid recommended that the wrap be cut back 1 inch from the end – they claim the tolerances are very tight between the pointy edge of the hood and the trim piece. I'm having this piece replaced, since it cracked when the hood opened. The car is back in Scottsdale for that and other issues: Windshield wiper arm, 4 door handles replacement, driver door wiring harness, recall (although it didn't need it), diagnosis for non working mobile app, diagnosis for non working facial recognition and no distracted driver alert. I think they have been very conservative and probably are replacing things that they may not need to.
Appreciate the detailed explanation. I am super glad they have some Lucid experience under their belt. Also how did you manage the car to be first sent to Cactus for detailing vs. being delivered to you first? Special requests? I suppose I'm glad to hear that your car is at the service center for them to figure out and rectify everything at once as opposed to being called back again and again all the way from Tucson. The only thing that baffles me is door handle replacements...wow. How / what happened there? I thought that distracted driver alert and facial recognition haven't gone live yet, or perhaps only works properly for a few folks only?

Appreciate the detailed explanation. I am super glad they have some Lucid experience under their belt. Also how did you manage the car to be first sent to Cactus for detailing vs. being delivered to you first? Special requests? I suppose I'm glad to hear that your car is at the service center for them to figure out and rectify everything at once as opposed to being called back again and again all the way from Tucson. The only thing that baffles me is door handle replacements...wow. How / what happened there? I thought that distracted driver alert and facial recognition haven't gone live yet, or perhaps only works properly for a few folks only?
They delivered the car in an enclosed trailer to Tucson. But it had to go, by trailer, to Scottsdale for some other issues (fan motor replacement, CPU module & misaligned rear trunk) and then they took it to Cactus to get the wrap done, before delivering the car back to Tucson.

As far as the door handles go: They mentioned that one of the handles was not responding as quickly and they decided to replace them all, just be be sure. I think the door wiring harness may have been related to that.

The facial recognition and distracted driver alert are both supposed to work. They have worked for me a few times when I first got the car, but after many software updates, stopped working. They know about all these issues and are addressing them one, by one. I should be getting the car back Wednesday or Thursday next week after the wiring harness gets in and they take it back to Cactus to reapply the wrap.

Possibly, you could stop at Cactus when they are reapplying the wrap and take a look at the tint/wrap. They accidentally put in 45% tint rather than 55% tint and offered to replace it, but I will see how I like the 45% and wait on replacing it. The window to go see it is rather tight. It may be Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning. If I get a chance, I will post here to let you know when the car will be there.

Back