New Member from Phoenix

Maverick

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid GT
Good to meet everyone. I've enjoyed the threads and appreciate the additional information and insights. Just confirmed my 10/29 reservation for the AGT. I'm curious how many on the forum live in AZ. Looking forward to learning and eventually sharing more!

I’m actually in Tucson. Don’t know if anyone else is in Tucson, but with the factory in Casa Grande, I would think that many AZ people would not hesitate to purchase some kind of Lucid automobile.

I’m actually in Tucson. Don’t know if anyone else is in Tucson, but with the factory in Casa Grande, I would think that many AZ people would not hesitate to purchase some kind of Lucid automobile.
Definitely a selling point for me :).

Hello from North Scottsdale! Happy to join the group!
Looking forward to my Zenith Red GT. I will be saying goodbye to my 2019 Audi e-tron .

AZAirGT, welcome. How did you like your e-Tron? I've got a 2021 e-Tron Sportback that will be leaving me next year for either a Lucid or a BMW. The ride & quietness of the car has been quite remarkable.

Thanks for the welcome. Let me preface by saying we have been part of the Audi family since the early 2000’s. I decided to take the leap to a BEV with a 2019 e-torn Edition One and took delivery early May of 2019. Love how it drives and certainly was an easy transition from any recent Audi. The lack of range became a issue more and more over time. On top of that there was a serious MyAudi App issue for just about all US 2019 vehicles this past summer that lasted for almost 8 weeks. App would not connect to vehicle in any way. A real problem living in the Phoenix area during the summer. The folks at ANA were great but the folks in Germany did not communicate at all with the US group. The ordeal has left a very sour taste. I my opinion, the software is still very weak. I did consider the e-torn GT but the cost to range equation just doesn’t work. So here I am excited to take delivery of the Air GT. Sorry for being so wordy!

Yes, I did read about that issue with the 19s. I never had it with the 21 and it always struck me as odd that it was essentially the same app software. The 21s had their own unique issue with the continuous 5 minute app notifications that charging was complete. Fortunately there was an easy workaround.

In the end it was range, or lack thereof, that was the killer. It also took ownership of the Jaguar I-Pace and then the e-Tron to make me realize I’m really not an SUV kind of guy. I guess I’m a slow learner. :)

The e-tron was my first SUV ever. Definitely ready to go back to sedan. Bottom line for for the BEV game is efficiency and Audi still has a long way to go.

Hello Arizona people. I live in Scottsdale and have an order for Lucid GT. Are you all excited or worried about being early adopters? How do you feel about buying a beta?

Welcome, Rolandphx...There are several of us on the board here, so you're in good company. It seems like @Adnillien will be getting his first (unless there is some as of yet unrevealed DE owner in the PHX area). He just got his VIN today which is the first I've seen on this forum for GT holders. Where abouts do you live in Scottsdale?

For me, I'm more excited than worried. 1) virtually all of the issues have been software related. 2) I was more worried a few weeks ago, but some recent updates currently have given me confidence that much of this will be corrected in the coming few months. 3) The reviews from owners here and my own test drives make me feel like I can put up with some of the lingering issues since I really enjoy driving and nothing drives like this.

Welcome, Rolandphx...There are several of us on the board here, so you're in good company. It seems like @Adnillien will be getting his first (unless there is some as of yet unrevealed DE owner in the PHX area). He just got his VIN today which is the first I've seen on this forum for GT holders. Where abouts do you live in Scottsdale?

For me, I'm more excited than worried. 1) virtually all of the issues have been software related. 2) I was more worried a few weeks ago, but some recent updates currently have given me confidence that much of this will be corrected in the coming few months. 3) The reviews from owners here and my own test drives make me feel like I can put up with some of the lingering issues since I really enjoy driving and nothing drives like this.

We know of at least one other DE in Phoenix (not on this forum though) since @Alex said that his wrap shop in Sottsdale also had a black one. It should be fun to see a few around town.

I hate my car, being an early adopter is terrible. I have to drag myself into the car looking for excuses to drive it around.

I am around Tatum and Shea area.

I am around the Tatum and Shea area. Where are you?

I am around Tatum and Shea area.

I am around the Tatum and Shea area. Where are you?
I was near Tatum and Shea until March when I moved east of Troon. The additional 25 miles between home and work was all because I needed a longer commute in order to justify getting this car ;).

We know of at least one other DE in Phoenix (not on this forum though) since @Alex said that his wrap shop in Sottsdale also had a black one. It should be fun to see a few around town.
@Alex Definitely let me know where you're getting/got your car wrapped. I'd rather follow someone who knows what their doing that my usual way of guessing (badly).

Welcome to Rolandphx!
I got also got my VIN today! Looking forward to saying goodbye to my 2019 e-tron edition one. Not worried about being an early adopter with Lucid. Light years ahead of Audi.
I’m in North Scottsdale just south of Carefree.

@Alex Definitely let me know where you're getting/got your car wrapped. I'd rather follow someone who knows what their doing that my usual way of guessing (badly).
Yes, I want the info on the wrap shop also. Are you getting your windshield wrapped? I was told that you can get a clear wrap on the windshield to reduce the chips...

Back