New LUCID Exterior Customization by: Ironclad Paint Protection & Coatings

Impressive!!
Although I live in the greater Chicago area, I just moved to a new home in Palm Beach County Florida for the cold months. I thoroughly researched my PPF options. I compared price, quality, experience, & what I was getting for the cost of full 10mm (not 8mm) PPF, combined with Ceramic, for my new AGT.

In July 2022, I took my white AGT (because I got fed up waiting for silver) delivery in Rivera Beach FL. I drove it 3 minutes (0.9 miles) to Ironclad. I could have taken delivery in Chicago & had PPF done in Chicago, but, instead, I had Mario do it In Florida. Why? I got much more for my money, a far better more comprehensive job, better & more experienced reputation, and someone who is sincere & treats PPF applications as if it were his own car, who ”personally did my application“ & to whom I can take it back (rather than rely on a paper warranty) if I ever have PPF problems in the future when I move to FL full-time some day.

When it is showroom fresh, it looks fine. But, stones and bugs eventually take their toll. I want it to look shiny new in 5 years. PPF is expensive, but so is the car. I considered it an “investment.” No regrets, so far.

Question!

If our car already PPF, can it still take color wrap on top? Will there be consequences if put another layer?

Question!

If our car already PPF, can it still take color wrap on top? Will there be consequences if put another layer?
The official answer is that yes it’s totally fine. We do it often on our customers cars.

It’s not without its risks. Chances are nothing will happen but there is a small chance that when the vinyl is installed that the adhesive can leave an impression of the vinyl in the ppf when it gets removed. Very very small chance but I have seen it before

A lot of it is based on the quality of film used on top of the ppf. You really want to use the most quality films out there. 3M, Avery, oracle kpmf etc

Although I live in the greater Chicago area, I just moved to a new home in Palm Beach County Florida for the cold months. I thoroughly researched my PPF options. I compared price, quality, experience, & what I was getting for the cost of full 10mm (not 8mm) PPF, combined with Ceramic, for my new AGT.

In July 2022, I took my white AGT (because I got fed up waiting for silver) delivery in Rivera Beach FL. I drove it 3 minutes (0.9 miles) to Ironclad. I could have taken delivery in Chicago & had PPF done in Chicago, but, instead, I had Mario do it In Florida. Why? I got much more for my money, a far better more comprehensive job, better & more experienced reputation, and someone who is sincere & treats PPF applications as if it were his own car, who ”personally did my application“ & to whom I can take it back (rather than rely on a paper warranty) if I ever have PPF problems in the future when I move to FL full-time some day.

When it is showroom fresh, it looks fine. But, stones and bugs eventually take their toll. I want it to look shiny new in 5 years. PPF is expensive, but so is the car. I considered it an “investment.” No regrets, so far.
Good to get your report on Mario at Ironclad. I'm taking my Touring to him as soon as I get it (hopefully tomorrow).

The official answer is that yes it’s totally fine. We do it often on our customers cars.

It’s not without its risks. Chances are nothing will happen but there is a small chance that when the vinyl is installed that the adhesive can leave an impression of the vinyl in the ppf when it gets removed. Very very small chance but I have seen it before

A lot of it is based on the quality of film used on top of the ppf. You really want to use the most quality films out there. 3M, Avery, oracle kpmf etc
Does this work for those ceramic embedded films as well?

We have a way to remove the top layer of ceramic coating safely without damaging the film. Otherwise it won’t stick.

Applies for all films such as Suntek reaction, llumar valor, xpel fusion, stek dynoshield and more.
What about applying PPF over Graphene ceramic that was applied to the body (not on top of PPF)? It’s the Adam’s spray, not the super long lasting one. I’m assuming you’d have to polish it down, paint correct, then do PPF and then ceramic on top of the PPF?

What about applying PPF over Graphene ceramic that was applied to the body (not on top of PPF)? It’s the Adam’s spray, not the super long lasting one. I’m assuming you’d have to polish it down, paint correct, then do PPF and then ceramic on top of the PPF?
100% correct! Wouldn’t advise putting ppf over ceramic coating. Paint correction is truly the only way to remove the coatings

Good to know.

How is your guys' paint touch-up?
Or would you prefer we take our chips to a paint shop for touch up before we bring to you for PPF or color wrap?

Good to know.

How is your guys' paint touch-up?
Or would you prefer we take our chips to a paint shop for touch up before we bring to you for PPF or color wrap?
We do very well with it. There is definitely a point where I say ok the 200 rock chips is not worth what I would charge a customer hourly so it would be best to to have it repainted

Can anyone be so kind as to give me accurate 20” custom wheel demonstrations?
Hole specs I believe are 5x120
Width front 9? Rear 9.5?
Offset guessing 35 mm front and back??
I want to have a custom set manufactured, and I need these numbers to be accurate, please help if you can.
I know that Signature can do whatever you are looking for. I've been in discussions with owner but haven't made the decision yet. I am in same boat as you. Owner is solid dude. Have had friends get stuff from him. Stands behind his stuff. https://www.signaturewheel.com

Back