Never been able to get over 90kw from an EA charger

What's the going rate for charge point?
The chargepoint stations are priced by the owners. They can be free or more expensive than EVgo.

I think it's unfortunate that the Hyundai group cars seem to rip as fast as Porsche when charging. Lucid seems much slower...

I won't claim that I visited that many sites, but every single Electrify America site I have been to that advertised having 150 KW has failed to deliver more than 90 kilowatts. Today, there was another Lucid owner charging next to me and they were getting 140 KW. So, I switched to their plug after they left and I still got only 90 kilowatts or so.

I wonder if it is just my car and i need to call support.

PS: the temperature was 60 degrees and i did not precondition the battery.
I had the same issue at first. When my battery was preconditioned, I got more juice every time.

I think it's unfortunate that the Hyundai group cars seem to rip as fast as Porsche when charging. Lucid seems much slower...
Keep in mind that the Lucid battery is larger so going from 10% to 80% means adding a lot more electrons than in the Hyundai group.

Keep in mind that the Lucid battery is larger so going from 10% to 80% means adding a lot more electrons than in the Hyundai group.
Also knowing that Lucid starts tapering rapidly at 55%, I got the most kWh per minute when I charged from 10% to 70% after pre conditioning.

Is there a list somewhere showing free DCFC locations? Chargepoint or otherwise?

Plugshare.com

It will show you all of them, but you might be able to filter on "Free." I have never tried.

But I don't think there are any LIII chargers that are free unless you have a free-charging plan with your car.

Plugshare.com

It will show you all of them, but you might be able to filter on "Free." I have never tried.

But I don't think there are any LIII chargers that are free unless you have a free-charging plan with your car.
@Bunnylebowski said he was using a Chargepoint DCFC free unless I misunderstood

Yesterday on EA’s latest SK Signet 350kW dispenser in Ennis, Texas, initial plug-in speed was 228k at 30%, it immediately dropped to 183kW then stayed at 170~175kW. Finished the session in 28 minutes from 30% to 50% while I went inside Walmart.

62.93kWh / 28min * 60 min = 134.85 kW average speed delivered per minute. Not too shabby!

4B4EBD75-A988-4BE8-A249-0C6D47C58476.png
2CDF7852-65C1-4D9B-BD98-4FDD52CF3756.jpeg

Back